• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

Mine should be obvious. Sakura Wars/Megaman/Kite+Black Rose from .Hack were real nice bonuses as well.

Now I'm having this sudden realization that if SEGA is going to do another cross-over game, they might very well use some of Atlus' assets since they own them now...

Considering how PXZ received mixed reviews, I doubt it'll happen soon, let alone being localized.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Persona X Sonic.

Setsu00

Apparently, P4U2's story mode is only available after completing a so called "P-GP" mode:

After the P-GP mode is finished, the Story Mode can be accessed. The Story Mode is exclusive to the console version. The Story Mode in the sequel will have the story told through two different points of view - he Persona 3 Characters and the Persona 4 characters.

I guess we'll get the P4U canon route this way.

Source

CorvoSol

Considering how PXZ received mixed reviews, I doubt it'll happen soon, let alone being localized.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Persona X Sonic.

Project X Zone gets mixed reviews not because the crossover aspect isn't fun, and barely due to the plot's incredibly lame "go here fight this again and again" nature, but because the fights in that game are boring slogfests. The actual fighting system is nifty for an SRPG, but the maps are enormous, you're fighting like, 7 waves per map, and it takes fucking forever to reach anything. You spend great lengths of time moving your party's stubby little legs before fighting the Vajra for the 9th time with no meaning or purpose.

Project X Zone is a great idea, and parts of it are great, but goddamn it shouldn't take me several hours to clear a map just because I spend multiple turns doing nothing.

FluxWaveZ

Apparently, P4U2's story mode is only available after completing a so called "P-GP" mode:

Source

Wonder what that's about. You might be right: They realized how much of a mess the story was in the previous game and this "P-GP" mode is a way to quickly summarize what actually happened before going into the two main P4U2 story branches.

Edit: Huh, and the additional scenario takes place at the end of the game. I'm thinking P4G epilogue type stuff.

Dantis

Updated P4U2 website is up.

Rise preview trailer: http://youtu.be/ZDNbgYozx-U

Edit: Interestingly, Rise has 5 Persona cards near the end of that trailer.

Man, that art really is a lot rougher than Soejima's usual stuff.

I think he's probably really rushed right now. They're most likely in full on crunch for P5. Not to mention juggling Ultimax, PQ and P4D art. His PQ is probably all done, but I bet he has a fair amount of P4D illustrations to do yet.

Interestingly, PS Vita is part of the copyright at the bottom of the P4U2 website.

Worth pointing out that one of their previous sites erroneously said PS Vita because they'd just copied and pasted the copyright info.

I dunno. Parasoul? Fillia? The nurse? I wasn't good enough/played long enough to have a main, to be honest.

5%2817%29.png

I guess I'll have to train you to become the best, like no one ever was!

arue

Project X Zone gets mixed reviews not because the crossover aspect isn't fun, and barely due to the plot's incredibly lame "go here fight this again and again" nature, but because the fights in that game are boring slogfests. The actual fighting system is nifty for an SRPG, but the maps are enormous, you're fighting like, 7 waves per map, and it takes fucking forever to reach anything. You spend great lengths of time moving your party's stubby little legs before fighting the Vajra for the 9th time with no meaning or purpose.

Project X Zone is a great idea, and parts of it are great, but goddamn it shouldn't take me several hours to clear a map just because I spend multiple turns doing nothing.

I agree. It's a crossover game, so it's focused on fanservice. don't mind the plot because the gameplay is fun to me. The gameplay may be tedious to some people, but I'm ok with it because I played Namco X Capcom before (which has a slow map too).

kewlmyc

I really liked DD (it was my third-favourite game of 2013), but it seriously, seriously pales in comparison to AA3. I think Kid Icarus has better writing overall, too.
Comparing anything to AA3 feels like cheating though.

P4U2 on Vita wouldn't surprise me. Gotta add that beach scenario in somewhere.

Source

I also says this about the DLC scenario:

For the Japanese, when they pre-order the game, they will get access to a DLC with an extra scenario. Which according to the trailer for the console version, it consists of an additional scenario which takes place at the end of the game.

At the end of the game, huh? I wonder if it has something to do with P4DAN

On closer look, fighting form Himiko breaks a fundamental design rule of P4's Personas, as if it didn't have enough to eat away at my OCD.

I was gonna say, I'll take any tips you have!

Also, please keep making references to cheesy songs from the 90s.

Alright, I'll give you some semi-pro teachings! And if you follow, there may be a tomorrow for you, but if the offer's shunned, you might as well be walkin' on the sun.

LX_Theo

Banned
So, the P4U2 website has two "Coming Soon" slots for new characters. Rise and her shadow take up two slots (Yukari's and Junpei's shadows do not have their own slot), means a few possibilities.

The last two slots are for their shadows.

Ken will be announced and his shadow will take up a slot.

Ken will get a slot, his shadow won't (like the other P3 characters), and another mystery character is also to be announced.

FluxWaveZ

So, the P4U2 website has two "Coming Soon" slots for new characters. Rise and her shadow take up two slots (Yukari's and Junpei's shadows do not have their own slot), means a few possibilities.

Or it could mean Sho and SHO. Or it could be a spot for Yu and Chie. Or it could be two totally unknown characters. It could mean anything.

LX_Theo

Banned
Or it could mean Sho and SHO. Or it could be a spot for Yu and Chie. Or it could be two totally unknown characters. It could mean anything.

True. I'm generally just doubtful they'd have them there for characters already in the arcade release, mind you.

Trigger

The last two slots are for their shadows.

Ken will be announced and his shadow will take up a slot.

Ken will get a slot, his shadow won't (like the other P3 characters), and another mystery character is also to be announced.

Ken and Adachi, I hope.

FluxWaveZ

True. I'm generally just doubtful they'd have them there for characters already in the arcade release, mind you.

Well, it's not like that page isn't going to be eventually filled with every single playable character in the game, unless that particular tab is reserved for new characters.

Squire

Banned
No visible faces. This is a noted rule by Soejima in the design notes for the P4 Personas.

Given how prominently doing the impossible features in stories like these, I don't see why they would need to be locked into these rules.

It could be explained in the story, but I think it's more likely that Flux was right earlier when he said they don't care for that kind of minutia wrt Arena. Thanks for the trivia though! I didn't know that.

Wasn't it "the skin of the person inside a Persona shall not be exposed"?
That's another of the rules. There were three main ones--something covering their faces, no visible skin, and needs to come across as reasonably human in some way (for example, half torsos like P3's Isis are a no-no). Teddie's skirt that last one but the justification was that he's not really human, so it didn't matter as much.

FluxWaveZ

If we compare the P4U2 website with the PQ website, it might be simple to deduce what the remaining tabs will be since they follow a similar design. One would be "Movie", another would be "News" and then "Battle" and "Labyrinth" would have to be replaced by two others, so I'm guessing one involving gameplay and another involving story?

I liek the P4U2 website more than the PQ one. They have a very similar layout, but the P4U2 one looks bigger and bolder. Now there's just P4D and P5.

CorvoSol

Interestingly, PS Vita is part of the copyright at the bottom of the P4U2 website.

I want to believe.

I agree. It's a crossover game, so it's focused on fanservice. don't mind the plot because the gameplay is fun to me. The gameplay may be tedious to some people, but I'm ok with it because I played Namco X Capcom before (which has a slow map too).

I'm used to SRW games where I can cross the entire map in far fewer turns, I guess.

On closer look, fighting form Himiko breaks a fundamental design rule of P4's Personas, as if it didn't have enough to eat away at my OCD.

Fighting Form Himiko breaks all the rules. She gon do what she gon do.

Ken and Mysterious Fox I hope

I could not believe that of all the Social Links Yu intended to spend time with on his first day back in Inaba, the fox was one.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, it's not like that page isn't going to be eventually filled with every single playable character in the game, unless that particular tab is reserved for new characters.

Well, the fact that it only has that and has two coming soon ones, it seems like at least until launch that is the idea.

Oh my, please make this true.
I don't need to buy a cheap PS3 for only a game then or ask my friend to borrow his, I already did that with the Vita and it's becoming too expensive having too many conosoles and the PC.

FluxWaveZ

Well, the fact that it only has that and has two coming soon ones, it seems like at least until launch that is the idea.

I bet that there will only be that character tab and, like Persona Q, they will gradually be introducing characters to it and regularly have individual character trailers.

But yeah, so far it's just the new characters, so it's reasonable to assume that the next characters introduced to the page will be new as well. It's just the matter of whether they're Junpei and Yukari's Shadows or not.

Oh my, please make this true.
I don't need to buy a cheap PS3 for only a game then or ask my friend to borrow his, I already did that with the Vita and it's becoming too expensive having too many conosoles and the PC.

Not getting Persona 5?

EMT0

Banned
I think my favorite 3DS game so far has been A Link Between Worlds, which really surprised me. Runner up is 3D Land.

Nachos

I also heard that it wears out its welcome pretty early on, only to go on for a lot more chapters. That, plus the seemingly limited finesse to the combat didn't leave me too excited to pick it up, Eben if I do like a lot of the series represented.

CorvoSol

I also heard that it wears out its welcome pretty early on, only to go on for a lot more chapters. That, plus the seemingly limited finesse to the combat didn't leave me too excited to pick it up, Eben if I do like a lot of the series represented.

Well the combat is okay to me because normally in an SRPG you just go "attack" watch the attack and that's that. So it's kinda fun to have to do inputs, however meaningless they are. The game gets painfully repetitive, though. About 10 hours or so in you've probably seen most of the mooks you'll be fighting for the rest of the game. I dunno. It wasn't a bad game, but I haven't finished it yet precisely because it's a slog.

About how long will it take to get max courage and knowledge? I'm at the beginning of September and have both at level 4 (just reached that level for knowledge at the end of summer break, courage I've probably been there for a while). Asking because I plan to max Naoto's S. Link but don't want to waste time raising stats when I could be hanging with Nanako/Dojima/Kanji/Rise.

CorvoSol

Put that chibi nanako in a picture with chibi koromaru, and we've entered ludicrous cute.

Someone check on Kanji to make sure he's okay.

SPEAKING OF.

P4A

As Yu I chose to signal Kanji instead of Yosuke at the end of Yu's story mode. Kanji started to blush. Fucking hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom