• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

It come out Thursday. How many more trailers can they crap out?

FOUR A DAY, HERE WE GO.

...we still know very little about how the characters themselves work, mechanically. They always release class trailers for EO before the game comes out. Really curious to see how they do things.

Would be more worried if I didn't see the FOE vid of it one shotting everyone in one turn. :p

Pepsi tho, seriously, thank you so much for spending countless time doing this, it's greatly appreciated.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
It come out Thursday. How many more trailers can they crap out?

Ubisoft-senpai would have like 20 a day. Atlus is still rookie kouhai tier as far as I'm concerned.

Please don't take me up on that, Atlus. This weekend was killer. ;____;

Pepsi tho, seriously, thank you so much for spending countless time doing this, it's greatly appreciated.

It's been super fun and an honor to do it for such a receptive audience! These videos have actually helped land me some freelance jobs here and there, so that effort has actually had some payoff beyond kind words from eager fans. :)

Persona 4 question

Spoilers
Does anyone remember when the Star s.link is maxed? Well, the info I'm really after is how far into the story does Teddie learn evade elec?

nick_b

So I beat P4G today. I want to take a break since I am feeling so drained from it but at the same time I want to immediately jump into another one. I have P1,P2IS/EP and P3P. Any recommendations? I am leaning toward P3P since my being drained is putting me off of the earlier ones for some reason. Also P4G was my first Persona and I feel like 3 would be a good next step.

So I beat P4G today. I want to take a break since I am feeling so drained from it but at the same time I want to immediately jump into another one. I have P1,P2IS/EP and P3P. Any recommendations? I am leaning toward P3P since my being drained is putting me off of the earlier ones for some reason. Also P4G was my first Persona and I feel like 3 would be a good next step.

Too bad you don't have FES. P3P made me initially dispise Persona 3 until I played FES. Hopefully your experience will be different.

P3P looks a lot with P4. There are the Social Links, the gameplay and the graphics.. so I'd recommend it. The only let down in P3P is that you can't run your character around town and school you can only "point and click"... If you could acquire Persona 3 FES, that would be great. You'll need to play the Answer eventually.

Nachos

More Persona Q Videos

Fusion

Sidequests

PEEEPSIIIIIIIII!!

Don't overwork yourself. If it were an actual 3DS game, it'd be showing that message that you should probably take a break.

Still, the fusion trailer looks like it could have some really fascinating details. And that final animation was pretty cute.

The quest trailer, on the other hand, makes it look like the format more closely follows the Etrian style. It helps that all quests give EXP to all party members, too, like in EO.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
PEEEPSIIIIIIIII!!

Don't overwork yourself. If it were an actual 3DS game, it'd be showing that message that you should probably take a break.

Still, the fusion trailer looks like it could have some really fascinating details. And that final animation was pretty cute.

The quest trailer, on the other hand, makes it look like the format more closely follows the Etrian style. It helps that all quests give EXP to all party members, too, like in EO.

I haven't bothered to work on any of the mechanics-centric videos because all of the existing magazine and online coverage has more or less covered the same ground way, way ahead of time, so I'm not making an exception for these. I've never seen a single one of those videos that had content that I hadn't already covered on Gematsu or someone else handled elsewhere. Golden Arena Mode was an exception mainly because I figured there wasn't much footage of it out in the wild and, well, I wanted to see how crazy I could get with it. :D

Edit: Here's my article on how Sacrificial Fusions work, which is the first thing you see in that video.

pan-hime

AdC6qFd.png

ASiMWcE.png

Style

Banned
So today I completed my second play through of Persona 3. There has been a lot of talk going on about Persona 3 because of the recent movie and it has been a year since I played it the first time, so I decided to replay it too. There is not much to say other than I really like this game. There is some pacing issues and the game is not perfect by any means, but the last month in the game and the development of Aigis in her social link is so good. The ending is superb too.

nick_b

P3P looks a lot with P4. There are the Social Links, the gameplay and the graphics.. so I'd recommend it. The only let down in P3P is that you can't run your character around town and school you can only "point and click"... If you could acquire Persona 3 FES, that would be great. You'll need to play the Answer eventually.

I don't think I will mind the point and click aspect. I mostly hit square and warped around in P4G anyway. I might just youtube The Answer. From the impressions I got on here it seems like that might be the most optimal way of taking that in. I can't decide on MC or FeMC right now. Leaning more towards MC for my virgin run. FeMC seems more designed to be enjoyed on a subsequent playthrough.

CorvoSol

I played Male and Female the first time through Persona 3. On the one hand it was an amazing, unforgettable experience that caused me to fall in love with the game.

On the other hand I am now sort of afraid of watching the movies cuz she won't be there.

Sophia

Interesting.... Looking at those videos, primary Personas only get four abilities, where as Sub-Personas get six. Ten abilities total, which is pretty in line with both Persona and Etrian Odyssey. But it appears the primary ones give skill cards.

primary5xktw.jpg

subo8kye.jpg

Also noticeable, although it was in previous trailers: Sub Personas give bonus HP/SP to the user.

Lunar15

That P3 battle theme is so much better than the P4 one.

My thoughts on 3DS games: FE:A is alright. It's kind of like the P4 to the Persona series. It's a bit dumbed down and definitely targeted at a more modern Japanese audience. As a longtime fan of the series it was a disappointment, but only a minor one. A solid game.

Bravely Default, on the other hand, was not good.

Moonlight

Banned
Awakening consumed me for months, haha.

I recommend checking out Etrian Odyssey 4, though. At least if PQ's gameplay style looks like it might interest you, since they're pretty much cut from the same cloth. Might be a good way of familiarizing yourself before hand.

Don't forget SMT4!
Assuming you live in N.A.

Oh, definitely in my list! Speaking of which, how SMT4 stands in SMT series? Is it one of the best or one of the weakest?

My thoughts on 3DS games: FE:A is alright. It's kind of like the P4 to the Persona series. It's a bit dumbed down and definitely targeted at a more modern Japanese audience. As a longtime fan of the series it was a disappointment, but only a minor one. A solid game.

Bravely Default, on the other hand, was not good.

Never played a FE game before, so I think I'm gonna like it anyway. In few words, could you say what bothered you in Bravely Default?

Acid08

Banned
Never did check out Bravely Default. Something about it just didn't scream out to me. Not a huge fan of the way the characters look in game too.

PK Gaming

Awakening consumed me for months, haha.

I recommend checking out Etrian Odyssey 4, though. At least if PQ's gameplay style looks like it might interest you, since they're pretty much cut from the same cloth. Might be a good way of familiarizing yourself before hand.

Seconding this

Playing through EOIV right now and it's the bomb

I seriously can't wait for PQ

It's funny how excited I am for PQ even not knowing how the gameplay is in detail. I thought Etrian Odyssey was a dungeon-crawling just like Persona. How different is it?

Sophia

It's funny how excited I am for PQ even not knowing how the gameplay is in detail. I thought Etrian Odyssey was a dungeon-crawling just like Persona. How different is it?

Etrian Odyssey is pretty much a first person dungeon crawler. It's probably closest to the original Persona, except far more modern, balanced, and streamline. And you draw the maps yourself.

Despite the initial differences, the two franchises share a lot of similarities in basic gameplay. I really recommend Etrian Odyssey IV.

Etrian Odyssey is pretty much a first person dungeon crawler. It's probably closest to the original Persona, except far more modern, balanced, and streamline. And you draw the maps yourself.

Despite the initial differences, the two franchises share a lot of similarities in basic gameplay. I really recommend Etrian Odyssey IV.

Got it.

And thanks everyone for the feedback!

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I didn't realize this would be a sort of finale to the Pepsiman saga! ;_; I even worked on this silly little pic for the next occasion:

Alternate one here.

Thanks for all your hard work Pepsiman!

Ahaha, that's super awesome and flattering you'd make that! I love it! <3

I'll still be up to my usual shenanigans presumably later this week if they've got more Ultimax videos to show. If they keep dishing them out, I'll keep working on them~

But please feel free to whip that out when you feel the urge to summon me. That made my night, ahaha.

I didn't realize this would be a sort of finale to the Pepsiman saga! ;_; I even worked on this silly little pic for the next occasion:

Alternate one here.

Thanks for all your hard work Pepsiman!

Haha.

That's the crutial point in the superhero's saga when he is in the edge to giving up and the people's suffering makes everyone pray for the hero's return. And the tears from a little boy makes the hero decide that he won't give up and will fight evil again.

Something like that:

the-dark-knight-rises-bridge-symbol.jpg

Sophia

Regards to Persona Q, can all characters now summon different personas? Won't that make the game easier?

Yes, everyone can equip a Sub-Persona in addition to their unchangeable main Persona.

No. it won't make the game easier because this game is not using the variation of the Press Turn system seen in P3/P4. In fact, it'll probably be harder than the average Persona game. :p

Yes, everyone can equip a Sub-Persona in addition to their unchangeable main Persona.

No. it won't make the game easier because this game is not using the variation of the Press Turn system seen in P3/P4. In fact, it'll probably be harder than the average Persona game. :p

Damn, I'm toast ;_;

More Persona Q Videos

Fusion

Sidequests

It's been a long time since I've heard those menu beeps and exp-counter ticking sounds.

Regards to Persona Q, can all characters now summon different personas? Won't that make the game easier?

From what I have observed, the sub persona doesn't change the main persona's native resistances, so probably not. (No idea about if they get passive skills though)

Flandy

I have a very very very super duper important question about Persona 5.
Will Giant Bomb do an endurance run of it? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom