• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
People in general. It's basically what she talked about in The Answer.

Yeah i can understand that but IMO it definatly seemed she was talking about P3MC then not people in general. Then again Naoto's taunts were definatly about people in general so...

I think Shadow Aigis was talking about being loved by people in general, when she said "Even if there was someone you considered to be worth fighting for, you can't be a companion to them". "A brave bluff. But a tool like yourself can never be a true partner for a human. Doesn't your heart yearn to be by their side and to be loved?" But Aigis herself probably must have thought about P3MC when she heard that.

Man, that kind of talk it's what makes me feel like P3 is much more serious business than P4.

Yeah in the P4A artbworks book it mentions about having watched her beloved live and die she obtained the wild card. (Something like that)

OH MY GOD

Will Smith, bro, come here and teach us how to be awesome like that.

LOL! just so much swag i end up in everything =)

tumblr_m9mtcpwJ2Y1rersiao1_500.jpg

Don't know if you're a Zelda fan or not, but A Link Between Worlds is also pretty good.

Incredibly, I never played Zelda. lol

I had a SNES when I was a little kid and I only played Mario and Donkey Kong. After that, always playing on Sony side (PS1, PS2, PS3 and Vita).

But when I said "Nitendo exclusive stuff" I was including Zelda, it is tme. :D

Acid08

Banned
Incredibly, I never played Zelda. lol

I had a SNES when I was a little kid and I only played Mario and Donkey Kong.After that, always playing on Sony side (PS1, PS2, PS3 and Vita).

But when I said "Nitendo exclusive stuff" I was including Zelda, it is tme. :D
ALBW would be an awesome first Zelda game! Also Ocarina of Time 3D after.

If you're a newcomer to Zelda, there's no better platform than the 3DS. I'd start with ALBW, then Ocarina, and then Link's Awakening DX from the eShop. Possibly the 3 most comprehensive and accessible titles in the series.

Dantis

That poster is mega cheese.

Random P4D question: Do we think there'll be more environments than just concert stages? I had been just assuming that it would all be stages, but it occurs to me that that would probably be pretty boring. Some actual factual environments would be interesting.

Random P4D question: Do we think there'll be more environments than just concert stages? I had been just assuming that it would all be stages, but it occurs to me that that would probably be pretty boring. Some actual factual environments would be interesting.

Most of the Miku games are scenarios rather than stages (and both in some cases), but they normally relate to the lyrics of the song.

I'm thinking it will be locations from P4 and hopefully some new ones.

And there will be stages for sure.

Dantis

Most of the Miku games are scenarios rather than stages (and both in some cases), but they normally relate to the lyrics of the song.

I'm thinking it will be locations from P4 and hopefully some new ones.

And there will be stages for sure.

I got thinking about it because I just got the Vita version of the Michael Jackson game, haha. I bet the Junes stage from P4G is in there. I feel like it has to be. Beyond that, who knows?

I got thinking about it because I just got the Vita version of the Michael Jackson game, haha. I bet the Junes stage from P4G is in there. I feel like it has to be. Beyond that, who knows?

Ha, no idea about that MJ game, but here's some examples from the last Project DIVA game Dingo developed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu2zz6muyN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWimK0kjN9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_DfRkBEhQ

I would love them to go this route, but with the idol thing and story mode, I think it will take on a more serious aesthetic with 'real' locations and such.

We were talking a few days ago about P3MC's voice acting and how it looked a lot like Yosuke, since Lowenthal didn't changed his voice much. So I remembered that Ryoji's voice sounded really cool. Maybe that tone would be P3MC's ideal voice if no recasting will be done.

095228db0c6a9556ef301e42c3096e329ae3.jpg

"Please don't upload any spoilers for Persona Q, especially from the 4th dungeon onwards. A terrible fate awaits those who disobey... I will seal your strength, magic, speed, and dump you in a horde of FOEs."

I remember them making a similar request for Catherine, but not for SMTIV.

EDIT: DAMNIT

Dantis

Ha, no idea about that MJ game, but here's some examples from the last Project DIVA game Dingo developed.

I would love them to go this route, but with the idol thing and story mode, I think it will take on a more serious aesthetic with 'real' locations and such.

That game looks fucking insane.

095228db0c6a9556ef301e42c3096e329ae3.jpg

"Please don't upload any spoilers for Persona Q, especially from the 4th stratum onwards. A terrible fate awaits those who disobey... I will seal your strength, magic, speed, and dump you in a horde of FOEs."

I remember them making a similar request for Catherine, but not for SMTIV.

EDIT: DAMNIT

SMTIV wasn't the Persona Team. That's why they didn't say it.

kewlmyc

Isn't everything except Trinity Soul?

Pretty much.

It's best if you just don't think about what is and isn't canon at this point. Fuck it, FeMC and Trinity Souls are canon too probably due to some multiverse theory. Wouldn't be the first time Atlus has done that.

Always loved the look of the MIku games. The only thing that put me off was the robotic voice. P4D should address this issue however.

P4D is going to be amazing.

Meia

Pretty much.

It's best if you just don't think about what is and isn't canon at this point. Fuck it, FeMC and Trinity Souls are canon too probably due to some multiverse theory. Wouldn't be the first time Atlus has done that.

I'm still expecting a FeMC hidden boss that becomes a party member, just because. :p

We're still not sure of the full roster of playable characters yet, there's probably a reason for that(even if it's not FeMC). I'm so torn, I want to know badly, and yet I want to wait to play it to find out(even if it won't be possible probably).

kewlmyc

I'm still expecting a FeMC hidden boss that becomes a party member, just because. :p

We're still not sure of the full roster of playable characters yet, there's probably a reason for that(even if it's not FeMC). I'm so torn, I want to know badly, and yet I want to wait to play it to find out(even if it won't be possible probably).

I'm pretty sure if FeMC was playable, they would have said by now considering it come out in 3 days.

Caladrius

I didn't realize it was almost here.

To be brutally honest if I didn't frequent this thread I would probably have forgotten about it. > __ >

I hope we get to do a concert at Shadow Junes

I didn't realize it was almost here.

To be brutally honest if I didn't frequent this thread I would probably have forgotten about it. > __ >

Persona Q is easily forgettable.

The music and the visuals are the thing that put me off. Really hoping I'll enjoy P4D though. I love me some Meguro.

I'm looking forward to the remixes and collabs. Can't wait to see a list of the artists involved.

The music and the visuals are the thing that put me off. Really hoping I'll enjoy P4D though. I love me some Meguro.

The Persona 4 soundtrack is one of the best in gaming. I think every Persona fan will enjoy dancing all night once they get a chance to try it out.

Wait what? Persona Q is cannon?
uhhhhhhh. Somebody please explain to me how :lol

See P4A's story. Anything is possible at this point.

Meia

I'm pretty sure if FeMC was playable, they would have said by now considering it come out in 3 days.

See, that's why I said HIDDEN boss. :p

EO had classes that weren't all available at first, since characters are the way this game does things, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised to have characters popping up while exploring that then become playable.

And how could this happen? If only memory loss was an actual canon part of modern Persona. Oh wait, it is! :D

Dantis

Persona Q is easily forgettable.

I'm looking forward to the remixes and collabs. Can't wait to see a list of the artists involved.

The remixes are, right now, the one thing I'm worried about. Like, I've been loving what I've played of the MJ game, because it's just a game around his music, but with Persona, they're J Pop remixes, and when I think of J Pop it's not music I like at all.

The remixes are, right now, the one thing I'm worried about. Like, I've been loving what I've played of the MJ game, because it's just a game around his music, but with Persona, they're J Pop remixes, and when I think of J Pop it's not music I like at all.

Who said it was going to be like J Pop?

Though most of it probably will be :p

I would also like to add that Persona's music is about as poppy as you can get already , just needs more kawaii.

Dantis

Who said it was going to be like J Pop?

Though most of it probably will be :p

I would also like to add that Persona's music is about as poppy as you can get already , just needs more kawaii.

This is not true at all. If you only include vocal tracks, there's a lot of J Pop, but like, none of the instrumental tracks are poppy besides New Days. And none of it sounds properly like pop music (which is why they're remixing it, by the by), it all has a weird sound to it.

Also the whole P4D OST will be J Pop.

This is not true at all. If you only include vocal tracks, there's a lot of J Pop, but like, none of the instrumental tracks are poppy besides New Days. And none of it sounds properly like pop music (which is why they're remixing it, by the by), it all has a weird sound to it.

Also the whole P4D OST will be J Pop.

What are you classing as J Pop? So far the only tracks mentioned all have vocals. I personally only expect to see the instrumental songs being featured if they are a part of a melody-esque track or remixed into one of the others.

(which is why they're remixing it, by the by)

Though I agree that they are remixing it to make it more suitable for a rhythm game, I do not agree with the idea that they are remixing it because it doesn't sound like pop music.

Super Deformed makes anything forgettable.

Amen. If only I could be as lucky as to forget.

I was watching some persona 3 stuff and my memory on the answer is a little fuzzy, and I don't remember it being mentioned in the Journey, but
What is life's greatest question? I know they talk about The protagonist finding the answer to it, but I can not for the life of me remember what it is.
So... what the hell happened here? He was a junior, too, so most likely it's a perm.
Damn, that sucks. I didn't know bans as a junior were permanent.

FluxWaveZ

Probably means absolutely nothing, but it just seems like an odd choice for a DLC music piece.

Why is there DLC BGM anyway?

I don't think it's an odd choice. At this point, it's obvious they're including every single battle track from P3 and P4. The only thing odd I would point out in regards to that is that Burn My Dread -Last Battle- still doesn't seem to be in.

And because they know people will buy it, most likely. It's better for DLC to be aesthetic in nature like that as opposed to something like a DLC character. DLC glasses and navigators again is pushing it a bit.

Sophia

But didn't New World Fool play in the battle against the Fog God (forgot the name) who possessed Namatame? I don't think it's related to Adachi.

You're right. It plays for both Adachi and Kunino-sagiri, the boss you're thinking of. However, Kunino-sagiri is the Goddess of the Fog, not the God of the Fog. The God of the Fog would be Ameno-sagiri, the boss following the Adachi fight.

So while I recover from killing myself yesterday at a Tough Mudder, I thought I'd catch up on some artwork now that new graphics have been released:

I added Ken, Koromaru, Shadow Ken, and Shadow Koromaru Twitter avatars.

Here are the GAF versions:

ken_amada___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7kqnah.png
koromaru___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7kqnal.png
shadow_ken___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7kqnap.png
shadow_koromaru___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7kqnat.png

Since ATLUS finally finished releasing the character renders for PQ, here's some more GAF avatars...

elizabeth___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d7kqnk6.png
theodore___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d7kqnke.png
margaret___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d7kqnk7.png
marie___persona_q_avatar_by_darkside989-d7kqnkc.png

...I also added Elizabeth, Theodore, Margaret, and Marie to the iOS wallpaper gallery...

...and lastly, here's our four Velvet Room attendants in the Persona x Danganronpa crossover!

Since at least, as far as we know, that's it for PQ characters/renders, these sets are now complete! I hope you enjoy them all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom