• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Same!

ibnoY7T80zopTF.png

shouldn't komomaru be in that

todd360

Persona 5 is gonna be at E3. Yo Tokyo game show ain't nothing fool.

so much crow is going to be served to me after this e3

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Holy crap. Is that real?

The original broadcast run of the anime before they did a little cleanup for the Blu-Rays was something special, yeah, speaking as someone who often watched them over there as they aired new episodes live.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yukari/Makoto/Chie/Kanji/Koro for me prolly.

You tryna have an all lady team or something?

Yeah, probably. Maybe I'll throw Junpei in there.

Hello!

As per the King of Ballertown's request, I'm gonna try to post around here more often since I vanished off the face of the earth previously. I'll blame that on personal stuff + FFXIV being introduced into my life.

I recently started Persona 2 IS (PSP), which would be my third time attempting to play through the game (first time with the PS1 version and the translation patch, second time being when I bought IS PSP. I feel like I'm "clicking" with the game better this time around, though I still dislike the tarot card system for persona summoning. Is it true that it's possible to beat the game using the persona that the game gives you? Cause if so, I think I might just do that.

(Any other beginner tips are appreciated. I already went and gave Tatsuya a Luck Source early on for future gambling.)

Also, the new Persona game came out and no one told me about it! I had to go get a copy ASAP, will post impressions as soon as I get to it.

It's Noinoi-chan! ^____________^

Holy crap. Is that real?

Yup.

So's this.

(This was edited out for the DVD/Blu release)

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Twin Chies.

No, see, obviously that was intentional because it was foreshadowing the return of Shadows in Ultimax.

I bet I could work in Japanese PR if I could say that sort of stuff with a straight face. Sure feels like that's what 90 percent of their work entails.

Is it as bad as everyone says it is? Not that I have any plans to buy it any time soon, SAO:HF is a huge game, my Vita is gonna be busy for a good while... But still, I am a bit curious.

DNAbro

My dream scenario for Persona 5 at E3 is during Sony's conference is for it to go to a dark screen, the velvet room music to start playing, the classic "Welcome to the velvet room" being said, then quick trailer showing off parts of the game.

Now is that too much to ask? Maybe during the Ps3 segment as a big exclusive they talk about.

Tamanon

Banned
My dream scenario for Persona 5 at E3 is during Sony's conference is for it to go to a dark screen, the velvet room music to start playing, the classic "Welcome to the velvet room" being said, then quick trailer showing off parts of the game.

Now is that too much to ask? Maybe during the Ps3 segment as a big exclusive they talk about.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a PS3 section lol.

FluxWaveZ

If by "too much to ask" you mean "unrealistic", then hell yeah it is. Our series is still too niche for some flash like that, and do you think there'll actually be a "PS3 segment" at Sony's conference? I think they're most likely to focus on PS4 and PSV, because if there was such a thing as a PS3 segment then P5 would be, like, one of the only 2-3 games they'd have to show.

Coming from someone who would deeply want P5 to be shown off at E3—and not just for the sake of additional information on the game but for major recognition—it's not like Atlus USA would show off anything from the game before Atlus Japan. The USA faction evidently plays second banana when it comes to the dissemination of the information for all of their internally developed titles. P5's their biggest title yet, so I suppose it's a wild card, but, really, that's not gonna change anytime soon.

All they'd be showing is the teaser trailer with a bunch of chairs and chains and asking the audience if they want emancipation, and no one wants to see the spotlight given to that for two minutes.

DNAbro

If by "too much to ask" you mean "unrealistic", then hell yeah it is. Our series is still too niche for some flash like that, and do you think there'll actually be a "PS3 segment" at Sony's conference? I think they're most likely to focus on PS4 and PSV, because if there was such a thing as a PS3 segment then P5 would be, like, one of the only 2-3 games they'd have to show.

Coming from someone who would deeply want P5 to be shown off at E3—and not just for the sake of additional information on the game but for major recognition—it's not like Atlus USA would show off anything from the game before Atlus Japan. The USA faction evidently plays second banana when it comes to the dissemination of the information for all of their internally developed titles. P5's their biggest title yet, so I suppose it's a wild card, but, really, that's not gonna change anytime soon.

All they'd be showing is the teaser trailer with a bunch of chairs and chains and asking the audience if they want emancipation, and no one wants to see the spotlight given to that for two minutes.

that's why it's dream scenario. but yeah im not really expecting it, but at the same time i wasn't expecting KH3 last year so you never know.

FluxWaveZ

that's why it's dream scenario. but yeah im not really expecting it, but at the same time i wasn't expecting KH3 last year so you never know.

Heh, more of a way to convince myself that it won't be there than anything.

Seems like Square Enix has embraced the worldwide approach when it comes to their larger announcements, though, right? Plus, they're just bigger, so it's probably a simpler task for them to pull off something like that. You're right, though. We never know...

Persona isn't actually as niche as you guys might think. I have been surprised by the number of people that ACTUALLY played or heard of either Persona 3 or 4. Also, on the internet, first thing you hear when someone buys a Vita, is someone recommending P4G (not to mention how well that game actually did, and how well received it was). Is it unrealistic to see it during the conference? Not really,but it is a bit unlikely, I mean Sony has been trying to rush some stuff out of the window for the past week or so, meaning that they either have a lot to show, or that they are confident that what they have is enough. Either way, just like at previous E3's, it wouldn't surprise me if Atlus showed P4U (for sure), PQ (very likely) and MAYBE a little E3 trailer, released during the show week just as an appetizer before TGS.
EDIT: Man that game really does seem to have some poor production values. But then, how many times have I actually enjoyed mediocre looking games... One day I'll give it a shot ^

FluxWaveZ

Persona isn't actually as niche as you guys might think. I have been surprised by the number of people that ACTUALLY played or heard of either Persona 3 or 4. Also, on the internet, first thing you hear when someone buys a Vita, is someone recommending P4G (not to mention how well that game actually did, and how well received it was).

But this is all anecdotal evidence; I think when someone refers to niche, they're referring to the actual sales data and mean it relative to bigger games that would be given the stage at E3 instead.

That said, I have a feeling that if Atlus wanted to show off a trailer at the Sony conference, space would be made for it.

Acid08

Banned
Persona isn't actually as niche as you guys might think. I have been surprised by the number of people that ACTUALLY played or heard of either Persona 3 or 4. Also, on the internet, first thing you hear when someone buys a Vita, is someone recommending P4G (not to mention how well that game actually did, and how well received it was). Is it unrealistic to see it during the conference? Not really,but it is a bit unlikely, I mean Sony has been trying to rush some stuff out of the window for the past week or so, meaning that they either have a lot to show, or that they are confident that what they have is enough. Either way, just like at previous E3's, it wouldn't surprise me if Atlus showed P4U (for sure), PQ (very likely) and MAYBE a little E3 trailer, released during the show week just as an appetizer before TGS.
Persona is more niche than you're saying, especially in the West. Using the enthusiasts on the internet to gauge its' wider popularity isn't super helpful :p

DNAbro

this was something else i was thinking about. P4U is very very likely to show up.(i think) PQ will probably show up at Nintendo Digital event, maybe even playable? Why not top it off with the biggest title they have ever done?

And i do think there will be a small ps3 portion in sony's conference. They don't seem like they would stop talking about this early, and Persona is arguably it's biggest coming exclusive.(Correct me if im wrong cause i can't think of any other exclusives, maybe that Assassin's creed but that is just last gen exclusive)

FluxWaveZ

this was something else i was thinking about. P4U is very very likely to show up.(i think) PQ will probably show up at Nintendo Digital event, maybe even playable? Why not top it off with the biggest title they have ever done?

And i do think there will be a small ps3 portion in sony's conference. They don't seem like they would stop talking about this early, and Persona is arguably it's biggest coming exclusive.(Correct me if im wrong cause i can't think of any other exclusives, maybe that Assassin's creed but that is just last gen exclusive)

Now P4AU is something that was essentially confirmed for E3 via the Atlus Faithful email:
But what can you expect in terms of pre-order bonus items? Well, just like that trickster Teddie, we still have to hold a few things up our sleeve. You'll learn about them in due time...maybe at some big event on the horizon? Hmmm....
Atlus has their own booth and everything, plus PQ's going to be launching pretty close to P4AU, so it's probably fair to say both will be there. PQ at the Nintendo Digital Event? Sure, sounds likely.

And, sure, Sony might devote a few minutes to say something like: "The PS3's still awesome, guys. It has great exclusives coming in the future like X, Y, Z [Y being Persona 5]! Anyways... *moves on to PS4*" Or a game montage devoted to the PS3 where the P5 teaser appears for a split second.

GameTrailers's 30 Days of E3 video tomorrow will be about Persona 5 so... that's... something.

That said, I have a feeling that if Atlus wanted to show off a trailer at the Sony conference, space would be made for it.

Sony does seem to be approaching RPGs with open arms these days... How much do you guys wanna bet, that they will be showing Freedom Wars and even Oreshika during their conference next week? :p

Persona is more niche than you're saying, especially in the West. Using the enthusiasts on the internet to gauge its' wider popularity isn't super helpful :p

Hey I'm talking about mobile gamers here (the iphone/android kind), enthusiasts or not, for them to have heard of the games, that has to mean that the internet had to play it's part aha.

And this here is actually key, good point. Sony wouldn't just drop the support on the PS3, and other than multi-plats, I can't think of any other exclusives for it.

Finally watched the Persona Q opening

Just like P3FES and P4, it gave me goosebumps when watching it. I consider that a great thing. I am sufficiently hyped and will probably watch/listen to this a ton over the week.

CorvoSol

SHIT YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GOT THE LITTLE BRO TO START P4G. First reactions are positive. Asked him which girl at the beginning had made him go "Ey gurl" cuz I figured it would be Marge, and he's like "Whichever one was selling me dat product."

Rise Kujikawa, ladies and gentlemen.

PK Gaming

SHIT YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GOT THE LITTLE BRO TO START P4G. First reactions are positive. Asked him which girl at the beginning had made him go "Ey gurl" cuz I figured it would be Marge, and he's like "Whichever one was selling me dat product."

Haha, I did the same with my little brother

Kanji was the one that kept him playing

Wazzy

Banned

lollllllllllll Rise is the QUEEN.

Her romance feels forced as fuck but she feels the most canon of all the love interests

Also this final boss can eat shit. :mad:

Who's marge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom