• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Much like Persona 5 being unveiled every next Tuesday, TWEWY2 will definitely be announced this week and it won't be yet another disappointment for fans.

Levito

Banned
The encounter rate in Persona 2: Innocent Sin is really turning me off more than anything, it's so crazy. Not to mention the combat is about as difficult as P4G so battles just feel like busywork.

Really need to be in the right mindset to play that game.

Mdesilva

The encounter rate in Persona 2: Innocent Sin is really turning me off more than anything, it's so crazy. Not to mention the combat is about as difficult as P4G so battles just feel like busywork.

These are my exact complaints with the game. Everything feels so tedious. It's not fun to play when it's all just fluff.

You also don't gain much experience from fights, either. And the method for acquiring Personas just encourages you to go through even MORE battles.

Setsu00

Turned 24 in April as well.

-"Famitsu scoop"
-"The World Ends With You special event with Tetsuya Nomura and staff on 07/08/14"

Yep...even if nothing happens for Persona 4 Ultimax, I'm already bracing for disappointment.

What the hell? How did I miss this?! I love TWEWY and its pretty much my favorite game ever (I'm sorry, Persona 4).

Stop getting my hopes up!

kewlmyc

These are my exact complaints with the game. Everything feels so tedious. It's not fun to play when it's all just fluff.

You also don't gain much experience from fights, either. And the method for acquiring Personas just encourages you to go through even MORE battles.
From what I've heard from the /SMTG/ pastelog guide, the Personas your given throughout the game for free are more than enough to carry you through the whole game.

Yes, the raised encounter rate is one of the reasons I really dont like that PSP port. Also the battles being so easy compared to the PS1 version (Battles there were easy too but you could still die if you weren't careful) even on hard mode (PS1 version had no difficulty settings and PSP hard mode is still easier than the PS1 difficulty) are another big flaw.

CorvoSol

Yeah, the encounter rate in that game was horrible. P2EP doesn't have that going on, so that's a plus. I'm really not a fan of combat in either Persona 2, though. P1 was okay, but honestly I much prefer the battle system of P3P/P4G.

Much like Persona 5 being unveiled every next Tuesday, TWEWY2 will definitely be announced this week and it won't be yet another disappointment for fans.

God, why you gotta salt the knife before you twist it, man?

Yeah, the encounter rate in that game was horrible. P2EP doesn't have that going on, so that's a plus. I'm really not a fan of combat in either Persona 2, though. P1 was okay, but honestly I much prefer the battle system of P3P/P4G.

God, why you gotta salt the knife before you twist it, man?

The encounter rate of P2EP is the encounter rate of P2IS PS1. P2IS PS1 has its own set of issues, some of which P2ISP fixes. Similar toPersona 3 (P3FES VS P3P), Persona 2 Innocent Sin has no definitive version because of this. P1 and P4 are lucky to have P1P and P4G, both those versions are definitively the best version of each game!

I couldn't finish P2 for that reason. I loved the story and characters, but that encounter rate, plus how slow the animations and battles are just made me walk away from it. Hope to get back to it one day.

CorvoSol

The encounter rate of P2EP is the encounter rate of P2IS PS1

The PSX versions bring their own slew of issues, though. That outdated LUNARVALE, GUIDO KANDORI translation, the sorta useless compass instead of P2ISP's minimap in the corner, the loss of the emotion progress chart, not being able to see when enemies will take turns, having to manually interrupt autobattle to be able to adjust at all.

Kinda wish the P2 duology would get the FF4 treatment and get an update and overhaul to their gameplay.

The PSX versions bring their own slew of issues, though. That outdated LUNARVALE, GUIDO KANDORI translation, the sorta useless compass instead of P2ISP's minimap in the corner, the loss of the emotion progress chart, not being able to see when enemies will take turns, having to manually interrupt autobattle to be able to adjust at all.

Kinda wish the P2 duology would get the FF4 treatment and get an update and overhaul to their gameplay.

Yeh, it very much is a P3FES vs P3P deal to be honest.

CorvoSol

Yeh, it very much is a P3FES vs P3P deal to be honest.

You'd think, as popular as the series is, ATLUS might wanna do something about P3 at the very least. But I don't know. I'm used to Square, where nonsense decisions are made and where the money went into updating games people weren't demanding be updated (oh God FF5 and 6 iOS WHY) and never into the one people are willing to sell their firstborn child to get.

Gazoinks

You have to admit, there's something pretty hilarious about one of the major villains of the series being named Guido.

At least with combat in P2IS you can work out a fusion spell that kills everyone instantly and then just turn on fast combat and automate it. Still a pain, but it'd be more annoying if you actually had to pay attention. :p

Also, little late, but I'm 19.

The school was nice, in a few hours I will do an english exam, so hopefully I don't do that bad, ;P
I think you are the youngest but not by much. I'm 19 and I recall seeing other people around that age.

Wait a minute isn't Persona 4 M rated.......you are too young to be playing these games :p
I'm 15, and as I said before:
Persona is rated M for Mature? Pfffft. In my book Persona is rated M for Miguel.

I only know about the TWEWY characters because of Kingdom Hearts 3D, and I liked all of them (Joshua was pretty wtf though lol). I would buy the game if it was easy to find niche DS games over here.

DNAbro

Mentioned, but 23.

Also, I've never played TWEWY. What kind of good is it?

The best kind of good. Fantastic battle system, lots of customization, distinct art style, fantastic and very original soundtrack, great story, lots of post game content, memorable characters. It has everything a good RPG needs and manages to make it feel completely original.

I'm 19.

DNAbro

TWEWY got me thinking, what are your guys top 5 games of all time?

Mine are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Persona 4 Golden
3.TWEWY
4.FFIX
5.The Last of Us

Mdesilva

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2- Amazing variety of levels, and perfect level design. All the power-ups are top notch. It's probably the best platformer I've ever played
2. Persona 3/4 (This is a total copout but I can't choose)- Some of the best storytelling I've seen in a game. Great battles, amazing casts. These games are unlike anything I've ever played.
4. The World Ends With You- Perfect in almost every way. Amazing art, music, and battle system. Best DS game(?)
5. Gears of War- I have really good memories of this game. Got me into shooters and was a huge innovator. Extremely enjoyable game in all ways.

note that if you asked me another day I may give you a different list

1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Persona 4 (Golden will probably bump it up to 1)
3. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
4. The Wonderful 101
5. A shitload of runner-ups.

It's the best kind of good. In my top 5 games ever. Amazing art, music, story, and plays really well. The battle system is super interesting and is only possible on the DS.

And the Wii U, I guess. C'mon, eShop!

Gazoinks

Mine are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Persona 4 Golden
3.TWEWY
4.FFIX
5.The Last of Us

In no real order:

-Persona 4 Golden
-Grim Fandango
-Arcanum
-Shadow of the Colossus
-The Longest Journey

Mine are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Persona 4 Golden
3.TWEWY
4.FFIX
5.The Last of Us

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Chrono Trigger
4. LoZ Ocarina of Time
5. Demons Souls

tbh I'm bad at these lists. There are jus too many games that deserve to be there :(

I am confident that Shadow of the Colossus being the greatest game of all time though.

kewlmyc

Eh sure why not:

In no particular order:

1. Sonic 2
2. Left 4 Dead 2
3. Persona 3
4. Persona 4
5. Saints Row 2

I'm going to be the lamer again and ask that we steer back on topic, please.

God forbid we get to know a little more about each other. I could understand if we were flat out talking about another game like we did with DR a few weeks back, but this is just general "Hi, what's your name" type of stuff.

Oh, unless you're talking about the TWEWY talk, then sure considering it has its own thread.

Swedesu

Mine are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Persona 4 Golden
3.TWEWY
4.FFIX
5.The Last of Us

Mother 3

P4G

Mario Galaxy 2

Shadow of the Colossus

Ever 17

The order doesn't really matter.

Oh and I'm 20.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

TWEWY2 IS SERIOUS BUSINESS HERE

NOW MY EXPECTATIONS ARE WAY TOO HIGH ;_;

I'm still recovering from the countdown site thing Square Enix did two years ago for Solo Remix, that IOS port. Nothing can disappoint me after that event.

Special event with creators teased:
http://www.khinsider.com/news/The-World-Ends-With-You-Preview-Night-on-August-7th-3717

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Not just that, but they teased a new game at the end of Solo Remix too.

A n d n o t h i n g h a p p e n e d

What the hell? How did I miss this?! I love TWEWY and its pretty much my favorite game ever (I'm sorry, Persona 4).

Stop getting my hopes up!
The hype is real. I know it will end badly though ç_ç
Will we get TWEWY 2 info before P5 info?

Dantis

It's just getting to know everyone. This IS a community thread…

You're mixing 'Community Thread' up with 'Chat Room'.

Mods get mad on here and regulars get mad on Twitter when it goes off topic for long stretches. Like when everyone starts making pointless lists, for example.

God forbid we get to know a little more about each other. I could understand if we were flat out talking about another game like we did with DR a few weeks back, but this is just general "Hi, what's your name" type of stuff.

Oh, unless you're talking about the TWEWY talk, then sure considering it has its own thread.
I was referring to the lists and the TWEWY stuff.

PK Gaming

Mine are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Persona 4 Golden
3.TWEWY
4.FFIX
5.The Last of Us

Respectable list dude!

Here's mine:

1. Persona 4: Golden
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Kid Icarus Uprising
4. Super DanganRonpa 2
5. Team Fortress 2

Those games are the kings of their respective genres.

Sophia

You're mixing 'Community Thread' up with 'Chat Room'.

Mods get mad on here and regulars get mad on Twitter when it goes off topic for long stretches. Like when everyone starts making pointless lists, for example.

You're right.

At the very least everyone should be putting some effort into describing why their favorite games are such, instead of a pointless list-a-thon. Correct me if I'm wrong mods, but I do not believe such lists aren't tolerated on the main forums? No reason they'd be tolerated here either.

2AF93E19E.jpg

You are the youngest persona I know here. lol
He's a Persona? What Arcana?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...

Also top 5? Wow that's pretty darn difficult to do. I suppose I can say some of my favorites are: Persona 3/4, Kid Icarus Uprising, KHII/KH3D, Pokémon Platinum. Smash, etc.

abrack08

Well if everyone else is doing it...

1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2) The Last of Us
3) Persona 4 Golden
4) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
5) 999/VLR (yeah, both of them!)
--------------------------------------------------------------
6) Portal 2
7) The World Ends With You
8) Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series (can't pick one, most of the older games run together in my head)
9) Final Fantasy IX
10) Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Had to do 10, and I limited myself to 1 entry per series (except Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright, which I grouped all together). If I did multiple entries then my list would be nothing but Metal Gear, Zelda, and Persona, most likely.

The Last of Us is probably the best game I've ever played, but MGS3 edges it out partially because of nostalgia

Hmm my list:
1- Persona 3 Portable
2- Dragon Quest VIII
3- 999/VLR (I know 2 diff games but I feel like they belong together as an experience)
4- Persona 4 Golden
5- The Last of Us + Left Behind (Remaster versions I guess since those are the most recent)

Sophia

Who else thinks Ultimax will end with Sho learning the true value of friendship and sacrifice himself to save the world?

I doubt it. He's written pretty clear as a straight antagonist. I'm sure we'll get motivations for his actions, but I don't see him doing anything legitimately helpful for the main characters.

Dantis

Pointless list

Seriously man, stop this.

Who else thinks Ultimax will end with Sho learning the true value of friendship and sacrifice himself to save the world?

I think it almost definitely will end with him finding out the meaning of friendship. I bet he doesn't die though.

I doubt it. He's written pretty clear as a straight antagonist. I'm sure we'll get motivations for his actions, but I don't see him doing anything legitimately helpful for the main characters.

"WHAT? HOW CAN THIS BEEEE?!?"

"BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER OF BONDS!"

*Rainbow beam*

Top Bottom