• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B9p2GtZCQAAt1E8.jpg:large

I've heard mixed opinions on whether or not to play "The Answer", so might take a break as P3 has been pretty much all I've played over the last 2 weeks.

My first playthrough of P3 lasted 60 hours, and I beat it in 6 days. I binged that game HARD and I loved it

Yup, he more or less dies when you defeat Nyx but he hangs on until the reunion day before finally passing on. When I beat it for the first time it took me a minute to connect the dots and I thought it was odd that they ended with the protag taking a nap. Then it all clicked and the ending became a real bummer.

I have never cried harder in a video game than this moment...and I cried at several spots in P3

Meia

So I just finished Persona 3..77 Hours and I don't know what to think.
I'd heard spoilers that MC died..but that was it? Just falling asleep on Aigis' lap?

There was a build-up to it, a rather long one. Every day you could talk to your social link friends, and almost every single one of them mentions how bad you look, health wise. There's definitely a sense of deterioration there, and following the game's themes(Memento Mori lord knows is repeated enough), you can piece together the direction it's going. As he closed his eyes, and you had that last speech by Aigis, then the credits scene kicked in, not even going to joke around by admitting I was pretty much sobbing. That was a rough one.

Then the Answer picks up like a month later and you can really see how it's effected everyone.

Sophia

Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night are on Sony's list of upcoming 2015 games.

Confirmed, reconfirmed, reconfirmed again, and then basically reconfirmed some more for good measure because people still think it'll slip to 2016 in North America.

I'm putting my bets on August 2015 for Japan, and October 2015 for North America.

Lunar15

Confirmed, reconfirmed, reconfirmed again, and then basically reconfirmed some more for good measure because people still think it'll slip to 2016 in North America.

I'm putting my bets on August 2015 for Japan, and October 2015 for North America.

I never believe any of this until the developer gives me a solid, month, day, and year release date. This is just common practice for me. Even then, I'm always skeptical of release dates. Look at The Witcher 3.

Remember when Persona 5 was "Winter 2014?". Look how that turned out. I'm not saying that I believe it will get delayed. I'm just saying that nothing is confirmed and things can change at this point in development. I'd rather err on the side of caution and avoid disappointment.

FluxWaveZ

I never believe any of this until the developer gives me a solid, month, day, and year release date. This is just common practice for me. Even then, I'm always skeptical of release dates. Look at The Witcher 3.

Remember when Persona 5 was "Winter 2014?". Look how that turned out. I'm not saying that I believe it will get delayed. I'm just saying that nothing is confirmed and things can change at this point in development. I'd rather err on the side of caution and avoid disappointment.

That's a fair way to approach these, though I will say the "Winter 2014" window was a different circumstance compared to now, since we literally didn't know anything (substantial) about the game at that point. Now, the game's actually been unveiled, looking fairly well off in development, with the director & producer going:
Things are really coming along and we’re starting to hit our quality benchmarks in terms of what goes into the game, so at this stage, we’re hard at work building the game and fleshing it out. We’re just as eager to bring this game out finally so they can enjoy what all we’ve been working on and day by day, we’re getting closer to the finish line. It’s just going to be a little while longer now before it’s here.
It seems that it'll finally be a smooth road until its Japanese release, unless something explodes, so I think a 2015 release is 100% in Japan.

On the localization front, I guess there's nothing else aside from the recent 2015 window confirmations to go on in this discussion. We can attempt to look at Atlus USA's schedule, though, and see that they don't have anything currently announced planned for release after May other than P4D and P5. That can give us a vague idea of what projects they might currently have planned for this year, and their release windows.

Sophia

Flux pretty much summed up almost everything I was going to say.

That said, there's a pretty big difference between the Winter 2014 situation (where we saw and heard absolutely nothing of the game itself) and now. Now we have gameplay, now we have story, settings, characters,etc. We're getting information similar to how we started getting info on other recent Atlus projects. I have no reason to assume it's not coming. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting like monthly trailers from now until it's release, alongside P4D ones.

For it to miss 2015 in the NA market, something would have to blow up as Flux noted. :p

CorvoSol

Question: why does everyone think that Personas will be some fusion/transformation thing this time around? Was something hinted at that I missed?

Nimby

Banned
I hope the Europe release date is the same week as the American one. It happened with PQ and given all the hype around P5 it seems possible.

Persona is starting to hit a all time high, I have no doubts P5 will be localized at most a week behind the original. If a spinoff can be released in Europe three days later than the NA release, then I think we're set. SMT and EO probably have a ways to go though.

Question: why does everyone think that Personas will be some fusion/transformation thing this time around? Was something hinted at that I missed?

The end of the trailer appears to show the MC transforming into a Persona, although the latest screens have debunked this, it's just his awakening.

Nimby

Banned

The way he bursts into flames in the trailer was why people were speculating. This seems to be a story related event though from the latest Famitsu info.

Persona is starting to hit a all time high, I have no doubts P5 will be localized at most a week behind the original. If a spinoff can be released in Europe three days later than the NA release, then I think we're set. SMT and EO probably have a ways to go though.

...Has this EVER happened? Outside of planned simultaneous releases like the most recent Pokemon games?

...Has this EVER happened? Outside of planned simultaneous releases like the most recent Pokemon games?

Persona Q?

Most games manage to come out pretty closely between Europe and NA, Atlus are really the main offenders, although Nintendo do have some odd delays from time to time.

I'll laugh super hard if the MC's shadow shows up and tries to guilt him about being a thief only for him to go "yeah, you're spot-on" and earn his Persona just like that.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf had a huge gap between the original release and the localization

Just so I'm following the conversation right:

If we're talking about NA and Europe gaps, most companies are fairly good about it, baring Atlus and sometimes Nintendo.

If we're talking about Japan to NA/Europe, then yeah, that delay is going to be a lot longer, although Atlus has managed some very fast ones in the past, see: Devil Survivor Overclocked releasing in NA before Japan.

QuadOpto

Okaaayyy so this video was posted to atlustube today, does it cover anything new or is it just recapping Persona Super Live?

Regardless, it has February 27th in the corner throughout the whole thing. New PSC?

Rubedo

I'll laugh super hard if the MC's shadow shows up and tries to guilt him about being a thief only for him to go "yeah, you're spot-on" and earn his Persona just like that.

Well Shadows are the parts of yourself you won't identify with or admit to so anything he could accept that easily wouldn't be a Shadow.

An interesting thing is that the Shadow isn't always negative. Jung's theories show the possibility of someone with an openly low self image having their Shadow be something positive about themselves thaf they don't see. It'd be cool to have the MC feel hopelessly bound by society only to have his Shadow tell him he has what it takes to break free of it all.

Rubedo

This is pretty solid confirmation.

Only thing now is figuring out how long the gap between releases will be. I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say the gap will a month at most.

I am predicting late July or early August for P5 in Japan. A month to a month and half later for the localized version.

FluxWaveZ

This is pretty solid confirmation.

Only thing now is figuring out how long the gap between releases will be. I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say the gap will a month at most.

To be fair, it's just in line with what Atlus USA has been saying. Skeptics could still believe this leaves room for a 2016 delay, which it could.

I'm pretty certain it's a 2015 game. I'll just go with a September 2015 release in Japan and an October 2015 one in North America.

Didn't they disclaimer it with like, "we speculate" this scene is his awakening?

It's a PR mouthpiece. As Pepsiman states:
The Social Link replacement stuff is Dengeki's language and not my own; like we wrote up top, when a Japanese publication like them "speculates" on something, it's almost certainly just a thinly veiled bit of PR that confirms that's the case.
And that's how it's always been, and something I've noticed myself since I've started keeping track of news. That scene is actually his awakening, when they refer to it as they did.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
To be fair, it's just in line with what Atlus USA has been saying. Skeptics could still believe this leaves room for a 2016 delay, which it could.

I'm pretty certain it's a 2015 game. I'll just go with a September 2015 release in Japan and an October 2015 one in North America.

I was one of them...

Lunar15

My personal feeling is that Atlus USA might not even have an idea of how long it will take them to localize at this point. I don't know how they plan these things out.

I feel more comfortable saying it's 2015 than before, but I'll wait and see what news comes out before I'm 100% confident.

DNAbro

My personal feeling is that Atlus USA might not even have an idea of how long it will take them to localize at this point. I don't know how they plan these things out.

I feel more comfortable saying it's 2015 than before, but I'll wait and see what news comes out before I'm 100% confident.

I mean they could already be localizing it. I really don't know when they start these things.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. We don't know their process, but if Persona 5 is slated to release this year in NA, I think it's more than likely that the localization process of Persona 5 has already begun.

Okay, I want to believe in AtlusUSA. The fact that nobody from there knows anything besides what we know worries me. If this is getting a 2015 release date, that trailer should be put before E3, but E3 is the deadline for at 2015 release to be possible. If we here nothing there, the dream is dead.

FluxWaveZ

Okay, I want to believe in AtlusUSA. The fact that nobody from there knows anything besides what we know worries me.

Huh? What makes you say this? We really don't know what everyone at Atlus USA knows about this stuff, and it's a company of multiple departments doing multiple different things. You can't equate the word of 1 or 2 people to everyone who works at the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom