• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not entirely sure if this is the right thread for it, but man, at this point in Catherine I am getting frustrated enough that it's significantly slowing down my progress. I feel like I actually like the gameplay, it's just that it's forcing me to move too fast, plus the boss stage I just played changes the camera in such a zoomed out way that I can't see shit and it's caused my death a few times already.

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread for it, but man, at this point in Catherine I am getting frustrated enough that it's significantly slowing down my progress. I feel like I actually like the gameplay, it's just that it's forcing me to move too fast, plus the boss stage I just played changes the camera in such a zoomed out way that I can't see shit and it's caused my death a few times already.

If it's starting to put you off, just shove it on easy and blast through them.

If it's starting to put you off, just shove it on easy and blast through them.
He could also check a walkthrough if he is stuck on a particular section. I think I did that a couple of times towards the end.
Should definitely replay it, I really enjoyed it. It's probably best if I play it when no one's around.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, I haven't actually found the actual puzzles hard, just the time which I have to process it, though it's mostly in boss battles which I have that problem with.

cj_iwakura

He could also check a walkthrough if he is stuck on a particular section. I think I did that a couple of times towards the end.
Should definitely replay it, I really enjoyed it. It's probably best if I play it when no one's around.

Heh, mine still seems to be the only one at GameFAQs. I figured a lot of people would have done them.

When I was playing through it, there came a time when I just went "screw it" and copied an LP move for move. The puzzles are the worst part of the game, anyway. So no harm done.

For some reason this post is making me REALLY want to replay Catherine. At the same time there's something really off putting about revisiting that story.

PK Gaming

Have you tried playing on Super Easy? Highlight Golden theater mode, then hold select. Super Easy let's you breeze through the game; the perfect tool for someone who just wants to experience the story.

cj_iwakura

It really isn't.

The setting is the only thing that looks Persona-ish. No style to it whatsoever. Terrible character designs. Super generic theme music. And I have no idea what's happening with the combat.

Yeah, it's far distanced from Persona. If ANYTHING, it's like DemiKids.

It really isn't.

The setting is the only thing that looks Persona-ish. No style to it whatsoever. Terrible character designs. Super generic theme music. And I have no idea what's happening with the combat.

I was watching the trailer with school internet and it all looked like a blob of colour.
Not much difference, I suppose.

VegiHam

I'm not really into mainline SMT or non Awakening Fire Emblem so I'd written off SMTxFE as not for me.

It is exactly for me.

ok we have SMT which is like demons causing end of world

we have FE which is like warring nation and political conflict etc

but why when these 2 cross over, it looks like pure anime slice of life idol game?

Nachos

SMT×FE looks like Akiba's Trip: RPG Edition. It's not often when a company makes something that looks like it rips-off something else it makes.

Though it looks like there'll be a female protagonist?

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if this is what H.I. was talking about when I wrote:
H.I. finishes by saying that, since game production goes over a long period of time, he is still involved with the the game he started working on since he joined Atlus two years ago. It is an unannounced RPG, which he states will be rather innovative, and he hopes fans will be receptive to it, as it is different from previous titles the company has developed.
They've been talking so much about unannounced this and that, and I have to wonder if this was technically "unannounced" until now.

Yeah, after the first teaser showed off all the SMT main characters I was expecting an SRPG where you can use various SMT characters in your party. Was not seriously expecting what we got.

EMT0

Banned
I thought it looked like a rough prototype of a Persona game when I first saw it and thought it was a spinoff of the franchise for the Wii U. I don't think I'm that far from the truth.

arue

Gen'ei Ibunroku FE's artist is a pretty good artist.

He also drew for a Code Geass artbook, so
I approve.

Sophia

I knew you would say that.

He's entirely right about it not looking anything like Persona, honestly. High School settings are ubiquitous in Japanese media, and there's nothing very Persona-ish about anything in the trailer.

Though I disagree that the character designs are terrible. Fanservice aside, I do like the heroine.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, Nintendo has a Wii U game I'm interested in playing now.

Then again, by that trailer it has a ton to prove. I have no clue what's supposed to be going on there.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Damn that smtXfe (if it can ever be called that) look hella generic. :( Not what I was expecting at all. Nothing about it reminds me of both series...I guess they decided to go on a totally different direction since the 2013 trailer?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Nintendo Fans:SMTxFE trailer on Nintendo Direct::pGAF:11/24 announcement prior to the P5 segment

I thought it looks awesome even if I'm not quite sure what it's going to be, but man there's a lot of angry/disappointed people out thurr in internet land :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom