• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Well, I WAS going to tell you, but now...

That's not in that announcement at all. (They're not. They'll be the original Japanese versions of the songs.) Assuming you're talking about True Story and the JUNES theme?

Oh, I was talking about the anime opening and ending songs, so Key Plus Words, Dazzling Smile ect. By localised I probably should have said are we getting them at all? or will they be Japan only?

Andrefpvs

I don't think I'll be able to handle not getting Dazzling Smile and the other anime songs again, especially now that they're not extra BGM only, but actual gameplay DLC ;o

What does a media blowout even look like at this point?

Well, taking recent events into account,
we will get 50 minutes of talking about what-if DLC and it will end with a long-ass beer commercial.

In all seriousness, I would be satisfied with just another trailer announcing a release date.

I don't think I'll be able to handle not getting Dazzling Smile and the other anime songs again, especially now that they're not extra BGM only, but actual gameplay DLC ;o

Considering they're only the 90 second anime OP/ED versions and not the Full songs, I think I'll live without them.

Jachaos

Tracks like that remind me why the P3 OST is The Greatest.

That build-up at around 1:25 ending with the repeated voice was so great the first time I heard it in-game. Love the way the weird voice/cries continue from Deep Breath Deep Breath, the first 5 seconds of Mass Destruction, Master of Tartarus, the first 5 seconds of Want to be Close and Tranquility, Changing Seasons... the use of random voice bits ties together a soundtrack with a lot of various styles.

Sophia

Changing Seasons is still one of the oddest tracks I've ever heard in an RPG. o_O;

How many roleplaying games can claim to have french proverbs in their music? >_>

Changing Seasons is still one of the oddest tracks I've ever heard in an RPG. o_O;

How many roleplaying games can claim to have french proverbs in their music? >_>

Funny enough, it's the fact that it does have French proverbs in the song itself that makes it one of my favorite tracks (I'll admit that the Reincarnation version pales in comparison to the original version's imo).

Sophia

Heads up, I uploaded an updated version of my P3 FES - P3P comparison video.

Here's the link.

Might I propose one thing for a potential future update? Split the animation video into parts, so it alternates showing P3FES / P3P. If it's shown scene by scene, you get a better comparison then showing a longer clip.

Jachaos

Might I propose one thing for a potential future update? Split the animation video into parts, so it alternates showing P3FES / P3P. If it's shown scene by scene, you get a better comparison then showing a longer clip.

Alright good idea. I was thinking about how to organize them but doing split-screen with in-game audio I didn't record myself was not ideal. I'll split them up by parts as you said. If anyone else has feedback as I polish it up for a final update, I'd like it!

cj_iwakura

Since Sakura Wars 3 takes place in France, I'm sure its OST is bound to have something.

Straya for vacay. :|

Gonna fight some drop bears.

Nobody goes on vacation in September - I don't believe you.

hiimdaisy-dojima-stare.png

Hey guys, I need to get a new game - I;m considering The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, and Persona 3 FES as I can get it on PSN. I haven't played a JRPG in a while, but I love them - does Persona 3 still hold up well today?

I'm biased here, but i'd say it still holds up

Can we take a moment to appreciate the most underrated track in the P3 OST?

Ah, Shirakawa Boulevard

I hope i'm not the only time who immediately thought of a sex hotel the first time exploring it

P3:DAN when?

I need my Mass Destruction, Atlus! GIVE IT TO ME!

I really hope P3D does happen. I was already sour that P4D only (mainly) focused on 4's music instead of it being Persona-wide

---

About the P3 FES vs P3P comparison questions, are we gonna keep answering as they come, or does it warrant a spot in the original OT post?

Well, taking recent events into account,
we will get 50 minutes of talking about what-if DLC and it will end with a long-ass beer commercial.

In all seriousness, I would be satisfied with just another trailer announcing a release date.
Please no. I'm going to have nightmares now -_-

Makio

P3:DAN when?

I totally see Yukari dancing to "A Deep Mentality" and "Changing Seasons" by Mitsuru

My life needs Persona 3 Dancing All Night , just for the Reincarnation tracks specially for "Want to be close" and "When the Moon's Reaching out the stars" (My favorite track in the Persona 3 OST).

Hatchtag

Banned
P3P is a blast, surprised I slept on it for so long after P4G. But after going through the Tartarus enough to do three full moon operations on my days off...the dungeons in P5 really, really need to be better than P3/P4 lol. So much room to improve there. Any tips to speed up how long it takes to go through the Tartarus while not fucking up leveling?

P3P is a blast, surprised I slept on it for so long after P4G. But after going through the Tartarus enough to do three full moon operations on my days off...the dungeons in P5 really, really need to be better than P3/P4 lol. So much room to improve there. Any tips to speed up how long it takes to go through the Tartarus while not fucking up leveling?

The general consensus is that as long as you're able to reach the barrier you'll be fine for the upcoming full moon operation, I never really felt like I needed to grind, always taking the stairs when I came across them.

You could also experiment with splitting up your party, I tried it out pretty late in the game but I found it a useful tool for mapping out the different floors.

Later on leveling will be a bit easier, those green cane(?) exp bonus cards are kinda broken late-game and allow you to gain a full level after every battle, I actually had to force myself to stop grinding or else the final boss would've been too easy.

Edit: Elizabeth also forces you to go in Tartarus an extra time each cycle with her little requests/wanderers so you'll definitely get enough EXP.

Jachaos

I'm way more enthusiastic at this idea than P4DAN, honestly. The possibilities, man. Remixes of Kimi no Kioku, Time, Wiping All Out, the Iwatodai Dorm theme, the list goes on.

femc fans will get a costume for yukari ;_;

You can't name drop those and then crush my hopes with the inevitable truth that FeMC would be a Yukari costume :'( There's no way Wiping All Out, Way of Life and Time and would be in if FeMC isn't.

If P3DAN is a thing Atlus better not fucking trip over canon or not. I don't care about that. Have like Bebe find a time machine at the Kirijo mansion's sewing room and bring FeMC's dimension to the canon one for the duration of the night or some shit, I don't know. Where there's a will there's a way.

Like P4, it becomes easier over time to level up. Tartarus is a chore but eh, at least P4 had a lot of different styles for the various dungeons and P5 seems to have even better dungeons so if they can improve on the one weakness...

Jachaos

"A Deep Mentality".

Yay my plan worked, it's not underrated anymore, with it being mentioned alongside staples like Want to be Close and When the Moon's Reaching out Stars...

Edit: Guys I'll totally have it in the updated P3FES P3P comparison vid and you won't be able to do anything about it
It's because I plan on having the Love Hotel alongside the night they go in the backstreet as examples of FeMC's different dialogue

Makio

Yay my plan worked, it's not underrated anymore, with it being mentioned alongside staples like Want to be Close and When the Moon's Reaching out Stars...

To be fair i always loved that track but i always forgot the title of it for some reason. But is great , i dont know if is underrated or not but is a 10 in my list.

Edit: Guys I'll totally have it in the updated P3FES P3P comparison vid and you won't be able to do anything about it
I plan on having the Love Hotel alongside the night they go in the backstreet as examples of FeMC's different dialogue

Why even bother comparing the two then? the fact that you can be in a love hotel with a semi-nude Akihiko obviously means that P3P is superior ;)

Really loved that scene tho

Jachaos

Next stop, getting Basement on stage so Mizu/whatever the violonist is called can do this part live at the Persona 5 Launch Concert (believe).

Why even bother comparing the two then? the fact that you can be in a love hotel with a semi-nude Akihiko obviously means that P3P is superior ;)

Really loved that scene tho

Just the fact the characters change and dialogue too "It's an enemy trap!" and "Put your clothes back on." is one of the biggest examples within the plot (aka not social link changes) but I was only half-serious, I'm not even sure I'll put that in, a little too spoilerish.

When going into the backstreet with "Adventure Time! :D" and putting all the pressure on Junpei with "You'll protect us, right?" is also pretty cool as I don't think there's any dialogue options for the male. [Edit: Found it]

Moonlight

Banned
You can't name drop those and then crush my hopes with the inevitable truth that FeMC would be a Yukari costume :'( There's no way Wiping All Out, Way of Life and Time and would be in if FeMC isn't.

If P3DAN is a thing Atlus better not fucking trip over canon or not. I don't care about that. Have like Bebe find a time machine at the Kirijo mansion's sewing room and bring FeMC's dimension to the canon one for the duration of the night or some shit, I don't know. Where there's a will there's a way.
I honestly, really think these side-games would be massively improved by not even attempting to fit the square peg in the round hole as far as the greater narrative goes. Putting aside the integrity of the canon (which I don't necessarily find a huge issue myself), it seems arbitrarily limiting. PQ almost got there with the weird time hijinks, but I'd rather they just go all the way.

also at least i didn't suggest the other possibility that femc is recolour dlc for yukari

Can anyone here who completed p4d and understood the story reveal if the game has any shipteases? Like romance teasing between Rise and p4mc, Naoto and p4mc, or Naoto and Kanji.

artsi

I made the bet that there will be something this month, so I've got to keep it, but chances are diminishing every day.
Since closer we're to TGS, it makes more sense to withhold any info until that.

#believe

Hatchtag

Banned
The general consensus is that as long as you're able to reach the barrier you'll be fine for the upcoming full moon operation, I never really felt like I needed to grind, always taking the stairs when I came across them.

You could also experiment with splitting up your party, I tried it out pretty late in the game but I found it a useful tool for mapping out the different floors.

Later on leveling will be a bit easier, those green cane(?) exp bonus cards are kinda broken late-game and allow you to gain a full level after every battle, I actually had to force myself to stop grinding or else the final boss would've been too easy.

Edit: Elizabeth also forces you to go in Tartarus an extra time each cycle with her little requests/wanderers so you'll definitely get enough EXP.

Yeah, I haven't really grinded at all-I just go through each floor completely and move on. I'll try splitting up my party, I never really do that. It seems like the Canes will become broken. As for Elizabeth's requests, I just do them the cycle I go through the Tartarus-I've been going in like the last possible days anyways.

Like P4, it becomes easier over time to level up. Tartarus is a chore but eh, at least P4 had a lot of different styles for the various dungeons and P5 seems to have even better dungeons so if they can improve on the one weakness...

I'm not sure if I prefer P3 or P4's dungeons yet. P4's were more varied, but they also felt like you had to replay them once or twice to be accurately leveled. P3's, on the other hand, were much less varied, but I always felt accurately leveled after completing them. I'd hope P5 would hit a nice balance of variety without having to replay to be accurately leveled. I honestly don't think it'd be too hard of a thing to do.

I made the bet that there will be something this month, so I've got to keep it, but chances are diminishing every day.
Since closer we're to TGS, it makes more sense to withhold any info until that.

#believe

I also thought that something will be revealed this month.

Does the announcement of P5's delay count? :^)

Dantis

Can anyone here who completed p4d and understood the story reveal if the game has any shipteases? Like romance teasing between Rise and p4mc, Naoto and p4mc, or Naoto and Kanji.

In the opening is one i think ... just love how Naoto is looking directly to Kanji for some reason

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/soVtaOT1Jyk/maxresdefault.jpg

I mean someone in Atlus really ship that too hard like in Golden
in The Sky trip lessons
or in Arena
Kanji Gag Ending
and i dont know about Q since i didnt played that one yet

What.

No.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I can't think them doing anything before the last P4D DLC is out.

Oh yeah, if you were still hoping about P5 media this month, I think that's another sign that there won't be any. There probably won't be anything in next week's issue of Famitsu. Like I said before, this month is still the month of P4D with a bunch of content to promote (DLC characters, arcade cabinets, streams, Comiket, the official art book, etc.), so there's that.

Following next week is the week where Dengeki PlayStation releases again alongside Famitsu, however it's the last week of August. There's no reason they couldn't just wait for TGS at that point. Like I thought before, I'm pretty sure the best anyone can expect is maybe a passing mention on PSC, or at most a really vague tease of something coming via Twitter.

In the opening is one i think ... just love how Naoto is looking directly to Kanji for some reason

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/soVtaOT1Jyk/maxresdefault.jpg

I mean someone in Atlus really ship that too hard like in Golden
in The Sky trip lessons
or in Arena
Kanji Gag Ending
and i dont know about Q since i didnt played that one yet

So in arenas kanji ending, there is actually kanji and naoto romance? This is the first time atlus has been so straightforwardly given a Canon pairing is this the cAse.

sakuori

So in arenas kanji ending, there is actually kanji and naoto romance? This is the first time atlus has been so straightforwardly given a Canon pairing is this the cAse.

Dunno' about that, it seemed one-sided like always.

About that Miku trailer, it irks me a bit that they didn't show a few seconds more.
Feels like it was just 3 seconds at best.

*Sigh* There are no canon pairings in P4, for the last time.....
auunp3.jpg

Also, that Miku remix doesnt sound how I expected it too, I think it might have been better if they slowed it down a bit.

Style

Banned
*Sigh* There are no canon pairings in P4, for the last time.....
auunp3.jpg

Also, that Miku remix doesnt sound how I expected it too, I think it might have been better if they slowed it down a bit.

I don't know, the game clearly hints at a
Dojima x booze
pairing.

Yeah, actually, in the end of the game Yu and Teddie go off to travel with each other to several romantic destinations. Marie finally confesses her feelings for Kanji, Yukiko hints that she may have been sleeping with Rise, and Naoto reveals she's actually asexual. It's all very clearly defined, caught me by surprise.

Style

Banned
Yeah, actually, in the end of the game Yu and Teddie go off to travel with each other to several romantic destinations. Marie finally confesses her feelings for Kanji, Yukiko hints that she may have been sleeping with Rise, and Naoto reveals she's actually asexual. It's all very clearly defined, caught me by surprise.

fx4Rae7.jpg

sakuori

vcMY1nN.jpg

Where'd Chie go?

Top Bottom