• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

yami4ct

None of the Persona characters are really interesting enough to carry the number of spin-offs that have been forced upon their weary backs.

I disagree. It's not that the characters aren't interesting, it's that they've had their arcs already. We've spent so much time with them, there's really no where else to go without changing them into something unrecognizable from where they were at the ends of their respective games.

Chie is the worst offender IMO. A lot of the other P4 cast fall really flat as well.
I guess it makes sense to them being insecure after they thought their shadows were back, like starting to think they didn't evolve from last year. But in the end of the story I thought they were fine, I liked Chie's interaction of Akihiko and how pumped to be a cop she is.

The main thing I like about Arena is the idea of a professional group of shadow combatives. I mean, I love the high school setting and stuff but I'm an adult now and I'd like to see one story going a little more mature, that's why I think a sequel could be good.

Any guesses on what the first track on pv 03 will be used for? I'm guessing boss theme, with pv 02's track the regular battle theme

I was thinking boss theme as well. The last track in the interview video reminds me a bit of the bar music in Catherine. I guess it could be used when they're hanging around in the coffee shop.

Makio

Any guesses on what the first track on pv 03 will be used for? I'm guessing boss theme, with pv 02's track the regular battle theme

Sounds like some lost / unreleased battle theme for Digital Devil Saga hahaha i love it, and yeah for dungeon boss battle theme sounds great. This is the kind of music i was expecting from Meguro , sounds awesome.

I dont know about the pv02 been the battle theme of the game , it takes too much too build up... but i can see it been the battle theme , mostly if have some vocals in the final game.

(PV01 was confirmed to be the opening theme by Meguro so i dont mind to talk about that one).

Need those vocals to be reveal for the pv01 theme or the pv02 one (if is not a instrumental track).

pv03 is going to be instrumental for sure i think.

yami4ct

I guess it makes sense to them being insecure after they thought their shadows were back, like starting to think they didn't evolve from last year. But in the end of the story I thought they were fine, I liked Chie's interaction of Akihiko and how pumped to be a cop she is.

The main thing I like about Arena is the idea of a professional group of shadow combatives. I mean, I love the high school setting and stuff but I'm an adult now and I'd like to see one story going a little more mature, that's why I think a sequel could be good.

The 'professional shadow exterminator' group is a bridge too far for me. I'm all for P-Studio telling more adult stories, but they need to do them the same whey they do the previous Persona stories. They need to feel grounded in reality. That's what makes their stories relatable. Putting the P3/P4 cast in a globe trotting organization trying to save the world gets way too far away from that reality for me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You. I like you. Let's be friends.

Might be the only way I'd tolerate Aigis. But only if she was just as sassy and vulgar as Bayo.

If you're going to do a Bayo clone, go all the way.

The 'professional shadow exterminator' group is a bridge too far for me. I'm all for P-Studio telling more adult stories, but they need to do them the same whey they do the previous Persona stories. They need to feel grounded in reality. That's what makes their stories relatable. Putting the P3/P4 cast in a globe trotting organization trying to save the world gets way too far away from that reality for me.

That setting can completely be done in a relatable way. Have you had to do a lot of travel for business before? Go out to meet clients? Work in different corporate offices? Follow up on sales leads? Negotiate deals with third parties?

Just because it's not a school or local setting doesn't make it unrelatable. The issue is not everyone can have the same experiences after the school years. Not even university can be necessarily directly relatable. But if you're gonna do an older set story, globe trotting doesn't mean it can't work...if anything, it helps it even more since there's plenty of existing real world analogues to make that work in a more adult aged setting.

yami4ct

Finally watched PV3. Incredible. Cannot wait to get this game. Not much more I can say about it. Love the dramatic tone they seem to be going for. Also, all the different locations look gorgeous. More excited than ever.

Kozmos

Okay boys and girls, come get your oven fresh shame avatars here. Click the image for the gallery:

Or, make your own with this precious hat:

fjgTMat.gif
Thank you. I shall wear it with prideful shame.

Sakura

Hardin didn't lie, that's for sure. He was surprised just like us.

But the reason people were surprised was because he was telling them it was 2015. It was pretty obvious that the game wasn't going to hit 2015 in the US at least. And I'm sure he knew that better than people on the outside.
However, as a PR person, all he will really communicate is whatever the most recent official information was, which was 2015. He's not going to say "Hey the game might not make 2015" before Atlus gives any kind of official announcement.

yami4ct

http://persona5.jp/tgs2015/

So it seems like the Persona 5 Wanted posters are spread out internationally. Anyone here close enough to one to go and check it out?

The map on that page should give all the locations.

There's one just across the Detroit/Windsor border. Didn't expect to see that. I'm not gonna make the 3+ hour drive and cross the Canadian border just to look for a poster I probably won't find, but that's unexpectedly close.

But the reason people were surprised was because he was telling them it was 2015. It was pretty obvious that the game wasn't going to hit 2015 in the US at least. And I'm sure he knew that better than people on the outside.
However, as a PR person, all he will really communicate is whatever the most recent official information was, which was 2015. He's not going to say "Hey the game might not make 2015" before Atlus gives any kind of official announcement.

We know him for a long time, I don't think he would lie. If that was the case he would be more silent, but he showed confidence and repeated that a lot. We don't know how things work at Atlus, could have been little communication between Atlus JP and Atlus USA.

Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore. :/

yuuki

There's one just across the Detroit/Windsor border. Didn't expect to see that. I'm not gonna make the 3+ hour drive and cross the Canadian border just to look for a poster I probably won't find, but that's unexpectedly close.

if they would have one in egypt or so i would have said they want to hint at location or countrys where the p5 team will be do heists.

yami4ct

if they would have one in egypt or so i would have said they want to hint at location or countrys where the p5 team will be do heists.

The idea of a heist in Detroit and/or Windsor is pretty hilarious, Having been there, there's nothing there to steal.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

My post in the other thread:

And he said something that kinda irks me. He said the localization team needs something to work on...so I wonder what they've been doing/if they're already done with the localization work.

So either he:

A) knew the localization team wasn't busy and assumed that meant P5 was done and off at SCEA for certification and therefore a 2015 release was still possible

B) he didn't know they weren't busy and just never communicated with them and was just repeating the 2015 line from higher up, or

C) he knew they weren't busy because P5 wasn't far along enough to engage all of their time and thus would have known 2015 was never happening

If anyone at Atlus USA knew whether the game was coming out in 2015, the localization team would. Too many things have to be done by a certain time to make that ship date.

Unless he was completely cutoff from the localization team, I honestly can't see how he wouldn't have been aware of the state of the game, at least for the US builds. And every game team I've worked on in the past, PR was always in the loop on progress.

Who knows, maybe they actually had a build ready to go to SCEA and everything. But a last minute pull out for a complete game usually results in a minor delay, not as big as this.

yuuki

The idea of a heist in Detroit and/or Windsor is pretty hilarious, Having been there, there's nothing there to steal.
well not the direct cities or places just general area.

I also guess that there are far more out there and they only appear on map once someone actually scans the qr code aka reports the thief.

yami4ct

I also guess that there are far more out there and they only appear on map once someone actually scans the qr code.

By general area, do you mean the specific areas of Canada and the US? The idea that they'd have a location in Ontario or here in Michigan is still pretty funny. If you just mean the P5 crew will show up somewhere in the US and somewhere in Canada, I would believe that.

yuuki

By general area, do you mean the specific areas of Canada and the US? The idea that they'd have a location in Ontario or here in Michigan is still pretty funny. If you just mean the P5 crew will show up somewhere in the US and somewhere in Canada, I would believe that.

i wouldnt go as far as saying areas more like countrys.

Lunar15

Not many people have talked about the music in the Staff interview video. It's freaking incredible. Totally acid-jazzy and wonderful.

Like, already some of my favorite Meguro music.

yami4ct

Not many people have talked about the music in the Staff interview video. It's freaking incredible. Totally acid-jazzy and wonderful.

Like, already some of my favorite Meguro music.

I just want the theme already. If the Special Show was just them playing the theme on stage, I would be happy.

I also guess that there are far more out there and they only appear on map once someone actually scans the qr code aka reports the thief.

It's still hilarious that of all the places they could've put the poster in the Midwestern US or Canada, they choose the Windsor/Detroit boarder. How does that even happen?

yuuki

I just want the theme already. If the Special Show was just them playing the theme on stage, I would be happy.

It's still hilarious that of all the places they could've put the poster in the Midwestern US or Canada, they choose the Windsor/Detroit boarder. How does that even happen?

maybe they where cheaper? Ad placements in cities can be rather expensive.

The locations seems really random. Of the UK ones, one is on a Mosque, and the other two don't seem to be attached to anything in particular.

And they're all in the South, so I can't check them out.

Mariip

There's a poster in Peru.... what the

yuuki

There's a poster in Peru.... what the

like maybe there are more in the world and people jsut have to find and scan/report them and post it on twitter.

They maybe have an crwaler thas looks for the tweets and updates the maps acrodingly.

Makio

Not many people have talked about the music in the Staff interview video. It's freaking incredible. Totally acid-jazzy and wonderful..

I prefer the "rock" theme of the trailer , even the "sad" music from the end of the trailer...

But yeah so far all the music sounds good ... they need to peform something of that tomorrow (saturday).

Makio

The near to me is in Mexico ....

And seems they have of those posters in Europe... Atlus dont forget about them this time.

Top Bottom