• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

I just beat it. Some new equipment, new Personas, a few levels, and a whole lot of Takemedic-All Vs helped. He was doing 130 to 180 points of damage on average per attack. It was nuts.

A big factor that makes Hard Mode so hard is that enemies can easily overpower you if you're not prepared to handle the damage. You're fighting a war of attrition in regards to healing, because it's difficult to simply out-heal the damage you're taking. So you have to resort to buffs, debuffs, status effects, and the rare items you get around the dungeons a lot.

It is definitely the hardest Megami Tensei game since Nocturne/Strange Journey, and on hard mode is comparable to Nocturne on normal. I love it tho. <3

Got 26 hours and 39 minutes on the clock so far!

AOE physical skills are good too, since they can hit everything but the mouth.
Once I started using Rampage, it went down a lot easier.

Just beaten the third Palace,
that boss felt quite a bit easier, only took two attempts and I only died the first time due to overconfidence. The Palace itself was brutal though.

Sophia

AOE physical skills are good too, since they can hit everything but the mouth.
Once I started using Rampage, it went down a lot easier.

Just beaten the third Palace,
that boss felt quite a bit easier, only took two attempts and I only died the first time due to overconfidence.

Yeah, that's what I was doing: Marakunda + Rampage. Went down a whoole lot easier.

Lusankya

i barely scraped by him on normal, and i don't think i was underleveled or anything either. can't imagine what it's like on hard mode

Yeah, I nearly switched to easy, but then I realized I forgot to upgrade my armor before entering the palace... But even then it was quite hard on normal and I had to revive party members to beat him.

Anyways I am really enjoying the game so far, it's so addicting! While it's technically just more of the same, it's more of the same in style and for some reason the locations feel bigger and better than before.

Good thing I am having two weeks off as I am already at 20+ hours after three days. :D

Dantis

I'm two dungeons down. Really enjoying it. I thought that because I'd already played it in Japanese, it would be ruined for me, but it really isn't.

Playing on normal and I'm not having any issues with difficulty unlike some people, but I'd put that down to my experience with these games at this point. Matador completely destroyed the second boss for me.

QuadOpto

Gosh this game is amazing.

It seems that a good deal of us in here are around the same point(Just beat 2nd Dungeon boss). Been playing straight normal (never lower or higher) and am about 26 hours in.

Matador definitely helped out in that fight.
Fusion Spoiler?:(Fused Mokoi & Regent; which also helped fulfill the 3rd request for the Twins)

Question: Do All-Out Attacks boost experience & money? Asking cuz whenever the results screen appears after successfully clearing with one the numbers seem to glow.

Lusankya

Playing on normal and I'm not having any issues with difficulty unlike some people, but I'd put that down to my experience with these games at this point. Matador completely destroyed the second boss for me.

Matador is level 19, so you were 3 levels higher than me. I guess that explains why I found the boss to be so much more difficult than you. I probably can afford to earn some more exp after sending the calling card and before going to a boss as I don't need all of the SP for them.

Gosh this game is amazing.

It seems that a good deal of us in here are around the same point(Just beat 2nd Dungeon boss). Been playing straight normal (never lower or higher) and am about 26 hours in.

Matador definitely helped out in that fight.
Fusion Spoiler?:(Fused Mokoi & Regent; which also helped fulfill the 3rd request for the Twins)

Question: Do All-Out Attacks boost experience & money? Asking cuz whenever the results screen appears after successfully clearing with one the numbers seem to glow.

I do know that
the bonus you get from Fortune can result in a money boost when you win via AOA.

I'm just now past the first boss on hard and am loving it so far. The difficulty level has been just about perfect for me; I really enjoy being scared of every enemy in a Palace.

Also, while I don't have many party members yet, I'd say the Phantom Thieves have the best voice acting of any Persona main cast so far. Even Morgana, who I was a little nervous about before release, is pretty endearing.

I'm just now past the first boss on hard and am loving it so far. The difficulty level has been just about perfect for me; I really enjoy being scared of every enemy in a Palace.

Also, while I don't have many party members yet, I'd say the Phantom Thieves have the best voice acting of any Persona main cast so far. Even Morgana, who I was a little nervous about before release, is pretty endearing.

I agree about the voice actors. I thought since I played the Japanese version and haven't really listened to any of the dubbed previews before jumping in I wouldn't like the English cast. But I gave it a try and I think they've grown on me so far.

artsi

Having played the JP version, I like all the English VA's except Morgana. He sounds too girly/soft and not mischievous like his JP character is.

Setsu00

God, this game is amazing, but the second boss was pure torture.

Edit: Also this game made negotiation fun. SMT4A made me want to throw my 3DS against the wall sometimes.

Lusankya

Edit: Also this game made negotiation fun. SMT4A made me want to throw my 3DS against the wall sometimes.

Yeah, there finally seems to be some strategy involved. Once I read the tutorial entry on shadow personalities my success rate went through the roof and it seems to make sense most of the time. The only thing I dislike is that I get less EXP and no money when I end a battle like this. My OCD self wants to get everything after a battle :p

Sophia

PERSONA 5 MOON ARCANA SPOILERS UP TO RANK 4:

Good god, Mishima is kind of a shithead. I think I dislike him more then Kenji from Persona 3.

daevious

USgamer just put up an interview with Katsura Hashino. There's a bunch of stuff about Persona 5's thematic goals and the usual stuff most people here already know about, but what's new is that he talks about the fantasy project and what his thematic aim for that game is:

Katsura Hashino said:
I chose a fantasy setting for my next project because I wanted to explore the concept of ”anxiety"&#8212;something many people are feeling right now&#8212;in a setting that is more relatable globally. I touched upon this in Persona 5, but not much has changed in the world since we wrapped up development on it. In fact, so many people are getting carried away with their anxiety that they're losing touch with what's really going on. Regardless of the direction your life is taking, it's important that you acknowledge and accept uncertainty. Only then can you effectively combat anxiety and move forward with certainty.

I was going to support that project just on the back of Hashino's previous track record, but with this I'm earnestly hoping that it manages to out-do Persona 5's success.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am all down for exploring Fantasy Anxiety.

hughesta

Banned
USgamer just put up an interview with Katsura Hashino. There's a bunch of stuff about Persona 5's thematic goals and the usual stuff most people here already know about, but what's new is that he talks about the fantasy project and what his thematic aim for that game is:

I was going to support that project just on the back of Hashino's previous track record, but with this I'm earnestly hoping that it manages to out-do Persona 5's success.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am all down for exploring Fantasy Anxiety.
that shit sounds rad

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Sup.

I know I'm late but I have some thoughts.

About Atlus policy about streaming and sharing pics to protect people from spoilers: It's nonsense obviously, Atlus wants people to buy their game. So they had to make something up. (Stated the obvious)

About not have a Female option in P5:
End game spoilers

Well, considering how to game begins (being drugged and beaten by the police while being interrogated and lastly being shot in the head by Goro) Don't think a lot people would be okay with that. So they would have to re-do everything. Basically making a different game altogether.

Lusankya

About not have a Female option in P5:

Well, considering how to game begins
(being drugged and beaten by the police while being interrogated and lastly being shot in the head by Goro)
Don't think a lot people would be okay with that. So they would have to re-do everything. Basically making a different game altogether.

Could you label that spoiler properly??
I thought you were writing about the beginning of the game, not some late game spoiler!

Man there's been a few surprise Persona 2 callbacks.

Aside from (first five party member spoilers - don't read unless you've finished the first dungeon!)
Ann and Yuusuke/Ginko and Jun,
you've got Ryuji who turns out be Anna
, and then (5/7 spoilers)
people use their phones to ask the Joker for help, which is honestly a fun twist on the Joker/JOKER stuff from P2

Hmmmmm?

Haru's is a bit funky, but Makoto's is completely fine. Good, even.

What's your issue with it?

It sort of emphasizes the Soejima Neck and Soejima Wide Eyes. Maybe it's that her head sits at kind of strange angle? I dunno, when I see her again I'll try to figure out what's bugging me.

DNAbro

PERSONA 5 MOON ARCANA SPOILERS UP TO RANK 4:

Good god, Mishima is kind of a shithead. I think I dislike him more then Kenji from Persona 3.

It's absolutely amazing how they made such an unlikable person. I don't know how any sane person would think even half the shit he does would be okay.

Sophia

It's absolutely amazing how they made such an unlikable person. I don't know how any sane person would think even half the shit he does would be okay.

When he started taking donations from the fansite and then nearly went and spent it on a buffet, I was just sitting there thinking "Wow, how low can you get?"

I dunno if he improves, but right now he's a contender for one of the worst social link/confidants in the entire franchise.

_Ryo_

Those times when you wanna play a game SO bad but don't have any disposable income to use gaming at all. And to tip it of you been extra stressed lately? Fuck me.

"Everything you do will effect your fate, use your time wisely to work hard to build your stats and cultivate relationships!"
*two solid weeks of cutscenes where you can't actually do anything*

Mediking

I use my sisters PS4 in US, yes.

If you REALLY want P5.... I could buy it for you. All I gotta do is give you PSN codes totalling up to $60.00 so you can download it from PSN, right?

I REALLY don't mind and would be happy to help. P5 is awesome. I love the Persona community. You sound stressed. P5 can help.

Whatcha say?

If you REALLY want P5.... I could buy it for you. All I gotta do is give you PSN codes totalling up to $60.00 so you can download it from PSN, right?

I REALLY don't mind and would be happy to help. P5 is awesome. I love the Persona community. You sound stressed. P5 can help.

Whatcha say?

Wow, what a beauty. That's really kind of you!!! If you take him up on the offer _Ryo_, I hope you enjoy the game as much as the rest of us!

I hope you passed that Math class btw.

_Ryo_

Whatcha say?

Wouldn't that be super awkward?
Edit: though tbh I'm not against it... :x

Hell yeah, super nice of you! I've done the same. I bought my friend P3FES on PSN and a PSTV and a copy of P4G just so he could play it. Bought copies of the games for a couple other people and also let people borrow my vita for months to play them. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is willing to go to lengths to get people to play these awesome games.

Though you are doing more than I have, so I wanna say kudos to you. Super sweet.

_Ryo_

Whatcha say?

Sent you a PM, MediKing, No matter the outcome, I just wanna say thank you and that you're an amazing person. And that I hope you are fulfilled in life in every way.

hughesta

Banned

Whatcha say?
Mediking <3

Lynx_7

Happy to hear about how the game is difficult even on Normal, at least early on. I'll be playing on Hard since these games usually ease up a bit too much after a while.

Mediking

Wow, what a beauty. That's really kind of you!!! If you take him up on the offer _Ryo_, I hope you enjoy the game as much as the rest of us!

I hope you passed that Math class btw.

Wouldn't that be super awkward?
Edit: though tbh I'm not against it... :x

Hell yeah, super nice of you! I've done the same. I bought my friend P3FES on PSN and a PSTV and a copy of P4G just so he could play it. Bought copies of the games for a couple other people and also let people borrow my vita for months to play them. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is willing to go to lengths to get people to play these awesome games.

Though you are doing more than I have, so I wanna say kudos to you. Super sweet.

Sent you a PM, MediKing, No matter the outcome, I just wanna say thank you and that you're an amazing person. And that I hope you are fulfilled in life in every way.

Mediking <3

Awhhh it's no big deal. :)

Nothing worse than wishing you can afford something but you can't get it due to circumstances.

Don't mind helping at all.

Does anyone know if they re-modeled all the demons for P5? They certainly seem higher quality than Nocturne.

Yeah, here are some specific comparisons:
lQTGJCy.jpg
Ame no Uzume from Nocturne, upscaled on a PS2 emulator

Ame no Uzume from Persona 4 Golden

Ame no Uzume from Persona 5

Sophia

You can see that the cloth/cape on Ame no Uzume's arms is significantly more detailed in Persona 5. How her hair is tied up is different as well. They definitely remodeled it in HD.

Oh and here's a big one:
n50RrSr.png

Dominion in Nocturne on a PS2 emulator

rs0JXhU.jpg

Dominion in Persona 5 (sorry for the image quality, for some reason it's hard to find good quality screenshots of the P5 compendium)

Mediking

You can see that the cloth/cape on Ame no Uzume's arms is significantly more detailed in Persona 5. How her hair is tied up is different as well. They definitely remodeled it in HD.

Sophia!!! Help!

Got any SP management tips? Getting tired of running low on SP all the time ;_; I am saving up on those SP accesories.

Top Bottom