• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I felt the same thing too, should have just been called Persona Arena.

Yeah, I'd hope that if a follow up installment is done, it should drop the Persona 4 number from the title. We'll most likely get more P1/P3/potential P5 characters anyhow in the roaster.

I'll agree. For the most part, the Investigation Team seemed like they're just there, except for the end game whammy like you mentioned. I really can't put it any better myself.

Granted, I am going from the standpoint of the 4 main story scenarios, Investigation Team/Shadow Operatives/Labrys/Elizabeth, I've only done the first three. I still need to do Elizabeth's story mode, but I already know how that ends. If anything, I feel that one helps set up for the next installment possibly more than the whole "the big bad knows us" thing at the end of the Shadow Operatives/Investigation Team.

If anything, Elizabeth's story mode is further proof that the story is more P3 related than P4, as it spoils the ending to Persona 3 AND all of Persona 3 FES's The Answer.

Oh hey, new page, and Buddha surpassed me on postcount, jeez...

If anything, Elizabeth's story mode is further proof that the story is more P3 related than P4, as it spoils the ending to Persona 3 AND all of Persona 3 FES's The Answer.
Yeah, I edited that into my post because I forgot about it at first.
Primarily because I still have to do Elizabeth's story. I already know about the ending but I didn't do hers yet, but again, it doesgo to show P3 and The Answer have a larger stake in this than P4 ever did

Yeah, I'd hope that if a follow up installment is done, it should drop the Persona 4 number from the title. We'll most likely get more P1/P3/potential P5 characters anyhow in the roaster.

Oh hey, new page, and Buddha surpassed me on postcount, jeez...

I dont even get how that happened

I didn't even finish the P4A story mode. I did a few with a friend since he's a Persona nut and doesn't have the game, but never got back to it.

lol

Sophia

then people might think it would include p1 or p2 characters and not buy it

I am actually hoping that Kei Nanjo returns to the franchise, somehow. He'd make a good foil to Mitsuru.

The main playable characters of P2 are probably never going to return tho. It's just not possible with the way P2's story goes.

I am actually hoping that Kei Nanjo returns to the franchise, somehow. He'd make a good foil to Mitsuru.

The main playable characters of P2 are probably never going to return tho. It's just not possible with the way P2's story goes.

spoiler alert: mitsuru was nanjou in a wig all along

Sophia

If I recall, we concluded in the P4G thread that mine was Priestess? I should go back through those posts and read them when I get a chance.

Sophia

... you know after he bought a Wii U, the Reversed Hanged Man had a funny and appropriate meaning for him. The card is often described as a contradiction. :D

Dantis

Would you guys have liked it better if Arena was non canon instead and featured a more wide variety of characters across the series?

Yes. They could have had better characters and levels and dropped the awful story.

... you know after he bought a Wii U, the Reversed Hanged Man had a funny and appropriate meaning for him. The card is often described as a contradiction. :D
Nah, this isn't a contradiction. It's not like I now love Wii U. :p

Sophia

Yes. They could have had better characters and levels and dropped the awful story.

Nah, this isn't a contradiction. It's not like I now love Wii U. :p

Saving this post for the future juuuust in case. >.>;

Also, I wanted a Tartarus lobby level, at least. Shame the Midnight Channel didn't change to that at any point. Did you know there's quite a few levels in the art book that were rejected?

Squire

Banned

Levels: sure. Characters: Lets not be reductive. Characters in a fighting game are their move set first and foremost. ASW converted the P3/P4 cast wonderfully. I do want more though, myself.

Dantis

Saving this post for the future juuuust in case. >.>;

Haha! Nintendo would have to do something pretty impressive to get my attention. It's not impossible that there'll be Wii U games that I like a lot (The original Wii had Fatal Frame 2 and 4 on it, which are amongst my favourite games ever), but I can't see myself becoming a champion of the platform. :p

Also, I wanted a Tartarus lobby level, at least. Shame the Midnight Channel didn't change to that at any point. Did you know there's quite a few levels in the art book that were rejected?

I did not. I was hoping there'd be Tartarus, the Velvet Room and some of the dungeons. A level on top of Tartarus where you do the P3 finale would have been excellent.

Levels: sure. Characters: Lets not be reductive. Characters in a fighting game are their move set first and foremost. ASW converted the P3/P4 cast wonderfully. I do want more though, myself.

Eh. Not sure that I'd agree.

Sophia

I did not. I was hoping there'd be Tartarus, the Velvet Room and some of the dungeons. A level on top of Tartarus where you do the P3 finale would have been excellent.

The book has eight levels that weren't used in the final game, that I wish were. An alley near the school. An arena like place. Outside the school (with the sky blue and a clock in it), A toy factory that appears to be making Teddie toys, the auditorium, Some weird room that kinda looks like where you fought Shadow Yukiko, the school infirmary, and a park with statues that can only be described as like Kanji's shadow... >_>

I think bias is gonna make this test inaccurate for me if there ever was any before hand. :p

Huh, it put me as The Empress...

Soma

"You Scored as The Moon

Divinatory Meaning: Completion, Fulfillment. The end of a major cycle. The world of dreams. Reverse Meaning: Holding back reality by living in a dream world. You have a keen sense of people and are able to identify power where others are oblivious. You are drawn toward celestial bodies and draw strength from them. Others find you intriguing, not being able to put their finger on what it is about you that they cannot resist. "

Huh. Interesting.

Dantis

I scored The Moon, apparently. Better than reversed Hang Man, at least!

Oh boy, I had forgotten on Dantis' personal stance on how they translated the characters to a fighting game. Inb4 bow legged.

You, sir, have too good a memory!

I don't like the way a lot of the characters are portrayed. I know that you're referring to move lists and the like, but even so... It wasn't what I'd hoped for.

The book has eight levels that weren't used in the final game, that I wish were. An alley near the school. An arena like place. Outside the school (with the sky blue and a clock in it), A toy factory that appears to be making Teddie toys, the auditorium, Some weird room that kinda looks like where you fought Shadow Yukiko, the school infirmary, and a park with statues that can only be described as like Kanji's shadow... >_>

Interesting. Might have been good to see more variety. I feel like a lot of the stages look rather similar (Although the actual aesthetics for the stages are one thing I have no problem with).

Jintor

I... somehow... ended up as

EmpressCard.jpg

wat

Meanwhile, ShopTo is already processing my Persona 4 Golden pre-order, and it's looking likely that it'll be in the post by the end of business today. I *might* get it tomorrow, almost certainly by Thursday.

Meanwhile, ShopTo is already processing my Persona 4 Golden pre-order, and it's looking likely that it'll be in the post by the end of business today. I *might* get it tomorrow, almost certainly by Thursday.

Yeah mine to, can't wait. I live near their warehouse so anything I order always arrives fast^^

Tamanon

Banned
You Scored as The Emperor
Divinatory Meaning: The Struggle for personal independence. Reverse Meaning: Unable to receive from others. You are very independent. You feel awkward asking for assistance and don’t like accepting help from others. It is important to you to achieve those things that you’ve set your sights on, but often are not sure how to accomplish them.

Yup....that's me alright. To the T!

Dantis

Damn, you captured his expression pretty well. That's fantastic! Are you going to color it later?

Cheers! :D

Yep, I'll colour it at some point. I really want to go back and redo the lines for that first picture I did of the protagonists, but man, six characters is a lot of lines. :p

I also want to do an illustration of the Epilogue outfits, but again, lots of lines and I'm lazy. :p

Cheers! :D

Yep, I'll colour it at some point. I really want to go back and redo the lines for that first picture I did of the protagonists, but man, six characters is a lot of lines. :p

I also want to do an illustration of the Epilogue outfits, but again, lots of lines and I'm lazy. :p

Just looked at this on tumblr [work blocks imagehosting] The face looks great! very striking. Looking at the others, all your faces look good. Can't wait to see the coloured version also!

Daimaou

You Scored as The Hermit

Divinatory Meaning: Withdrawal, Reconsideration. Reverse Meaning: Isolation, alienation. You are one that sits back and listens to what is said. When you do speak, people listen because they know that you don't just talk to hear yourself. You are often misunderstood as arrogant because of your subtle nature towards others.

Tied with The Devil.

Edit: The Devil's description, just for kicks.

You Scored as The Devil

Divinatory Meaning: Don’t let your own negativity hold you back. Enter into the swing of things a bit more. Reverse Meaning: Lack of vision. Blocked sexual energy. You are misunderstood by many people. Others misperception of what you are have a strong affect on how you see yourself. As you learn to overcome your inhibitions and be true to yourself, you will get closer and closer to your true potential. You possess a lot of power.

Omikaru

You Scored as The Hermit

Divinatory Meaning: Withdrawal, Reconsideration. Reverse Meaning: Isolation, alienation. You are one that sits back and listens to what is said. When you do speak, people listen because they know that you don't just talk to hear yourself. You are often misunderstood as arrogant because of your subtle nature towards others.

Hmmm. I was slightly more Hermit than Devil.

You Scored as The Hermit

The Hermit 83%
The Devil 75%
The Hanging Dragon 75%
The Moon 75%
The Empress 75%
The Fool 67%
The Tower 67%
The Emperor 67%
The Lovers 50%
Death 50%
The Star 50%
Strength 42%
The High Priestess 42%
Justice 42%

I'm guessing Hanging Dragon is the Hanged Man? It doesn't surprise me at all that I'm the Hermit, but that doesn't feel nearly as exciting as anything else, lol.

The Tower Arcana
Portrayed as a tower stricken by lightning, from which two small figures fall down; a straight Tower of Babel allegory about pride preceding the fall. The Tower Arcana is commonly associated to overly arrogant, prejudiced and authoritarian organization, which walk to their own ironic demise. Furthermore, it is also more generically used as an omen of doom and disaster.

This....does not sound like me...not even a little bit....

I got the Moon, but I scored the same rank with Empress. Call me the new Gourmet King.

You Scored as The Moon

Divinatory Meaning: Completion, Fulfillment. The end of a major cycle. The world of dreams. Reverse Meaning: Holding back reality by living in a dream world. You have a keen sense of people and are able to identify power where others are oblivious. You are drawn toward celestial bodies and draw strength from them. Others find you intriguing, not being able to put their finger on what it is about you that they cannot resist.

The Empress 92%
The Moon 92%
The High Priestess 83%
The Hanging Dragon 75%
The Fool 75%
The Lovers 67%
Death 67%
The Hermit 67%
The Devil 67%
The Tower 58%
The Emperor 50%
The Star 50%