• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Do Amazon even do a top 1000? I thought they only went up to 100. At any rate, I'd be surprised if the game shifted more than 10k units across the continent, and that's an optimistic guess.

And I think its impact will be muted, anyway. I'm still maintaining that the game is going to crater whatever its release date, so they'll just plop it out for PS3 at the end of next month and then for Xbox 360 "when it's done".

When you click on a title, you can see its current sales ranking. For example, P4A for PS3 is currently 1802.

Squire

Banned
Hmm. I think Flux is right in that everyone's busy, but this being true would probably be good. Zen United is toast after this. Atlus has been fine from thevstart (I don't trust anybody who says they're done with Atlus as far as I can throw them. As soon as P5 is announced the love affair will be back on.) Giving the update to someone else (like Rising Star) would be good. There's a stigma to Zen considering this happened with BB as well.

Dantis

Hmm. I think Flux is right in that everyone's busy, but this being true would probably be good. Zen United is toast after this. Atlus has been fine from thevstart (I don't trust anybody who says they're done with Atlus as far as I can throw them. As soon as P5 is announced the love affair will be back on.) Giving the update to someone else (like Rising Star) would be good. There's a stigma to Zen considering this happened with BB as well.

Atlus are dead to me.

I'm never buying their games/CDs/artbooks/DVDs ever again.

That'll show 'em!

Omikaru

Really, don't buy into it. It's a fat ton of bollocks.

I kind of feel sorry for Zen, since this isn't their fault. The correlation of them and shitty PAL version delays also correlates with Arc System Works being the developer. In this instance, we know it's ASW's fault that P4A is delayed because they've taken so long to get it ready for the region. Honestly, after this debacle, I'm pretty much done with ASW. I kind of like the BlazBlue games, but I'm tired of being treated like shit by them because I'm born on this landmass. Yeah, I get it, we're third priority, but the sheer levels of contempt that they show us is pretty disgusting. Instead of working to get our version of the game ready, they move everyone over to a new project and let the PAL version linger in development hell as a skeleton crew takes 8+ months to work on it. And it's not like the game didn't have a publisher back when they were making it, they just treated us like an afterthought from day 1. We've been lucky that until now most of their games have been region free, and Atlus can eat shit for changing that...

One day they'll establish an Atlus Europe and I won't ever have to hear about this stuff again.
Unlikely. Chances are the need for Atlus Europe will probably fade when we're in a DD-only future, and Atlus USA just handles the EU publishing. It seems apparent to me that the biggest obstacle to them doing anything in Europe themselves is the distribution channels, since they have none in our neck of the woods. They're more than happy to navigate our ratings system and release games that are DD only if they can't get anyone else to distribute it (like Persona 1 PSP), and once that's the only option I expect they'll do just that.

Now this I can get behind.

My hometown's delicacy.

yupm.png

I'll ship you one. A REAL Cheesesteak.

Ew gross, what kinda fake shit is that? Is that whiz? Sacrilege.

Phil does not want to draw attention to himself, he is the observer, remember? You think he would inhabit a cheesesteak that people would actually want to eat?

Steakums wit* and cheeze whiz.

Yup, sounds like something they'd make.

*with onions

That sounds gross. So jello, just how good are the legit cheesesteaks? Whenever I talk about Pennsylvania in general, my colleagues won't shut the hell up about sandwiches and stuff :) It's like every city in the state has some kind of ultra sandwich.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That sounds gross. So jello, just how good are the legit cheesesteaks? Whenever I talk about Pennsylvania in general, my colleagues won't shut the hell up about sandwiches and stuff :) It's like every city in the state has some kind of ultra sandwich.

lol

Depends on the place you get it from, really. The two main places most people go to (Pat's (the originators) and Geno's) are basically tourist traps, there are much better places.

We just call "subs" hoagies, but they are pretty different too, from my experience. Again, depending on the place.

As far as anywhere else in PA, I have no idea.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's because a good cheesesteak is awesome. Clearly a gift from the gods and your arteries will thank you for the bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom