• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona News Stream 2015 Discussion Thread (Read Post #132)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

News Updates:

- 7:05AM EST (February 5): The Phantom made his appearance on the stage, revealing the 1st preview trailer for Persona 5. [Event #14]

- 6:40 AM EST (February 5): Back to the live stage at Persona Super Live 2015, starting with music Light the Fire Up in the Night.

- 6:15 AM EST (February 5): Key art for Persona 5 featuring the main character revealed/leaked:
B9E35rxCMAAQl_c.jpg:large

- 4:35 AM EST until 4:45 AM EST (February 5): Live footage from the Persona Super Live 2015 concert, and then returning to the Persona Stalker Club segment.

- 4:32 AM EST (February 5): New PV Trailer for Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Announced artists, songs, revealed characters Nanako and Yukiko, and release date of June 25th, 2015.

- 4:25 AM EST (February 5): The elderly lady reporter from the November 24, 2013 Persona stream appears once more! Leading into Event #13.

-4:05 AM EST (February 5): Teddie appeared for 5 seconds and then a 5 minute countdown. And then again at 4:10 AM. Again at 4:15 AM; apparently he's mentioning the time at the top right of the screen counting down which, I guess, is "Teddie's Final Countdown."[Event #12]

- 4:00 AM EST (February 5): Teddie's final countdown started with him hyping up the newspaper tease for 2 minutes, leading into another 3 minute countdown. [Event #12]

- 10:40 PM EST (February 4): The new P4D countdown lead to an exact repeat of Event #7.

- 10:30 PM EST (February 4): Fake, 2-minute news show with a lady talking about the Persona 5 newspaper tease, followed by a 10-minute countdown to a P4D related event. [Event #8]

- 10:10 PM EST (February 4): New Persona 4 Arena Ultimax PlayStation Network avatars added as free DLC to the console version.

- 8:05 PM EST (February 4): The locks previously enveloping the circular icon on the Persona Super Live 2015 website have been removed to reveal a link to the official News Flash! Persona Channel 2015 blog post.

- 5:33 PM EST (February 4): Persona 5 and Persona Super Live 2015 teased in Japanese newspaper.

- 10:00 AM EST (February 4): Brought about by a countdown to a mystery event, Persona 5 was potentially teased on the stream, with the time counter getting all warped:

- 9:40 AM EST (February 4): Full version of the Persona 4: Dancing All Night opening theme revealed and played. [Event #7]

- 7:09 AM EST (February 4): Top 25 Persona fan voted songs. [Event #5]

- 4:40 AM EST (February 4): Top 10 P4G fan voted characters were the following [Event #4]:
#1: Yosuke
#2: Chie
#3: Adachi
#4: Yu
#5: Naoto
#6: Kanji
#7: Nanako
#8: Rise
#9: Yukiko
#10: Marie

- 4:00 AM EST (February 4): Persona Magazine 2015 issue #February revealed via Amazon.

- 11:15 PM EST (February 3): Persona 4: Dancing All Night Japanese website updated with a banner to the news stream.

t1423022400z1.png

News Flash! Persona Channel 2015 is a Persona news live stream that will last for a period of 32+ hours, preceding the February 5th Persona concert: Persona Super Live 2015. It will feature a variety of Persona news, and the schedule for it is listed below.

Streams

Official Atlus Niconico Live Stream
Persona Channel Stream Page
Gematsu Twitch Restream
WounLive Twitch Restream

Archive

User MysticDistance's Youtube

Schedule

uDpC12S.png

Other Time Zones

Event #7 - Persona 4: Dancing All Night Opening Theme Reveal
t1423060800z1.png

Event #8 - Fake, 2-minute news show about Persona 5 newspaper teaser
t1423107000z1.png

Event #11 - Persona 4: Dancing All Night Opening Theme (Repeat)
t1423123200z1.png

Event #12 - Teddie's Final Countdown
t1423126800z1.png

Event #14 - ?????
t1423137600z1.png

Q & A:

Q: What should I expect in terms of game news?
A: Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Persona 5 are safe bets.
Q: I just want to see Persona 5.
A: If all you want to see is Persona 5, tune in for Event #14: the last event on February 5th. You'll probably get what you want around then.
Q: What is Persona Stalker Club?
A: An official Persona talk/variety show which has had new episodes on a monthly basis since February 2014.
Q: What is "Persona 4 Golden the Best"?
A: A greatest hits/budget Vita release of Persona 4 Golden on February 5th, in Japan. It's just a re-release, there's nothing new in the game itself.

WARNING

Just to be clear. If I catch waifu shit, I will squash it with an iron fist. If you want to talk about that junk take it elsewhere but it will be unacceptable in this thread. NO EXCEPTIONS.

mdubs

Banned
Posting in an epic thread, my body is so ready. Give us emancipation Atlus

My breakdown of the previous P5 trailer for anyone interested: http://tay.kotaku.com/lets-deconstruct-the-persona-5-trailer-1629288196. Time to see how it stacks up!

Prediction time:

1. P5 Gameplay/story trailer. Will show off battle system and at least some of the party members, plus the music.

2. P5 Release Date: July 9, 2015 JP

3. P4 Dancing All Night Character Reveal, Release Date: April 23, 2015 JP.

4. Scrunchy-chan is a party member in P5.

Hope will kindled, dreams will be crushed, heroes will be born all in these next 30 hours. Are you ready GAF?

Here is the thread from the November 24, 2013 initial reveal. It's some highly hilarious and entertaining reading for anyone who missed it http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719897

Tucah

you speak so well
Pretty excited to finally, probably get Persona 5 info.

In celebration of this event, I think I will finally buy a Vita and P4G.

Hatchtag

Banned
Can't wait for P5 Gameplay blowout, Persona 3 Platinum reveal, and Persona 4 Arena Vita announcement!
In reality probably just a snippet of an anime cutscene from Persona 5.

Soriku

I don't want to wait for P5 any longer. It's been years. Hurry the fuck up with that gameplay video + release date Atlus.

Hey, Flux. If you don't mind, can you change "Minato Arisato's YouTube" to "MysticDistance's YouTube"

I like it better that way. Sorry if I sound demanding or nitpicky or anything.

Zareka

It's 4am and I can feel my eyes closing, but I am in.

I wonder if this year will be as much of a rollercoaster as last. I can't remember the last time I felt so many different things at once in such a short span of time. It was awesome.

Dancing all night will probably get a release date.

P5 on the last day of the stream with some vague "winter 2015" or just a new anime cutscene.

HMD

Great OP. what are your predictions on P5 art style/graphics? I expect a Catherine look without the (cell-shading?) and I hope we lose the talking sprite bubbles, I want actual animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom