• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona News Stream 2015 Discussion Thread (Read Post #132)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

At least we did get Kanji this time around. He's a much better character than Yosuke imho. With them showing off three new characters now, you think we'll get more P4D tonight or an entirely different Persona game?

P5 won't show till 7am.

They didn't reveal anything for P4D other than the opening theme. Those three characters were in the TGS 2014 P4D trailer.

Fandangox

Yosuke is my favorite character, but I can understand people not liking him, surprised he made it at #1.

Kanji, Chie and Yosuke are my top 3

LX_Theo

Banned
Go Yosuke! I think I voted for him.

And I just realized the second mystery event is at PM, not AM, lol

Now I can see it live!

Final confirmation that Chie > Yukiko?

boom.gif

CavernousAnxiousCheetah.gif

Faustek

Anyway GAF. I'm really hyped for this but been at work since 13 hours ago, I was supposed to be off today and tomorrow :( So all I can say is that I hope we get more P5 news and go

WOOOOHOOOOHOOOHOOOOWOOOOOO!!!! <3

tata

arue

So the first "???" was P4D OP huh?

What if the next one is P4D's gameplay? I think I could see that coming. Maybe.
Even better, P5 OP.

As I said in the other thread, there was not much in the P4D opening besides the new song and lyrics. It still has the same character artworks that we had seen before :/
Nevermind it was probably just the song, not the game's OP.

So the first "???" was P4D OP huh?

What if the next one is P4D's gameplay? I think I could see that coming. Maybe.
Even better, P5 OP.

As I said in the other thread, there was not much in the P4D opening besides the new song and lyrics. It still has the same character artworks that we had seen before :/

I think it's unlikely for it to be P4D again.

At least up until now the countdowns (in the niconico stream, idk about the Twitch stuff) all had a picture related to them. P4D had the logo in the background for the countdown.

So I'm assuming this is related to P5, maybe not footage, but just something related to it.

arue

I think it's unlikely for it to be P4D again.

At least up until now the countdowns (in the niconico stream, idk about the Twitch stuff) all had a picture related to them. P4D had the logo in the background for the countdown.

So I'm assuming this is related to P5, maybe not footage, but just something related to it.

Yeah, I don't think they will show P5 until the very end, but it would be nice if we get a new teaser for P5 though.

Philemon.jpg

Someone photoshop a top hat onto him!
I doubt it has anything to do to with him though...however the flame is at the same place where where butter fly is...does look similar...a bit

Maybe it's MC's persona?

If his persona is a dandy gentleman of leisure putting on the Ritz I will love it so hard.

Watching dudes getting thumped for that is almost as good as the stream itself!

Best written character out of all the P4 social links

Him and Kanji are the two standouts for me but with Dojima the game does such a good job with making you go against him initially and then turning you around so that by the end of his social link you're drinking buddies (we all know it was booze). I'm interested to see if P5 will go for a family dynamic again as topping Dojima will be impossible but I'd love to see them try.

Sorry to ask it (as I am sure it's been asked over and over again), but the OP hasn't been updated at all.

So, do we have any idea when Persona 5 might be shown?

Sorry to ask it (as I am sure it's been asked over and over again), but the OP hasn't been updated at all.

So, do we have any idea when Persona 5 might be shown?

If it's not the next thing in 10 hours from now (probably won't be), then it will be the last thing.

That is, of course, if they show P5 =P

So is the real show tomorrow? I haven't been paying attention.
It already started, just not P5.

Stuart444

5 red question marks obviously refers to Persona 5. It's not a question of if they're going to show off Persona 5; it's a question of how much they're going to show off.

They will show the Opening, gameplay footage, release dates and a picture of Teddie announcing his return as the guy who gives you advice during battles ^_^ Kuma!

One of these will probably happen.

If there was any doubt that they will show something P5 related, that "Take your heart" tease with the 55:55:55 should make it pretty clear. I'm keeping my expectations in check to avoid disappointment though, I assume we're getting the OP song and that's that.

FINALLY got a chance to watch the video on the P4DAN opening theme! And dammit I love it!!

I went with the flow, double trouble on the go, posers kept posing, I'm opposing against these foes!

5 red question marks obviously refers to Persona 5. It's not a question of if they're going to show off Persona 5; it's a question of how much they're going to show off.

Exactly.

Nimby

Banned
Him and Kanji are the two standouts for me but with Dojima the game does such a good job with making you go against him initially and then turning you around so that by the end of his social link you're drinking buddies (we all know it was booze). I'm interested to see if P5 will go for a family dynamic again as topping Dojima will be impossible but I'd love to see them try.

I hope for something that just blows me away. New settings which is a given and hopefully new tropes.

Dancing All Night's theme is great. Already listening to it on repeat. Yosuke came first? Eh that kind of sucks because he is in my opinion the worst (at least party member) character in the game. And I'm also sad there was no Dojima love, who was one of my favourite P4 characters.

I'm also not watching the stream, just catching up on the information. Thanks for an informed OP so people can easily get up to date.

RalchAC

Dancing All Night's theme is great. Already listening to it on repeat. Yosuke came first? Eh that kind of sucks because he is in my opinion the worst (at least party member) character in the game. And I'm also sad there was no Dojima love, who was one of my favourite P4 characters.

I'm also not watching the stream, just catching up on the information. Thanks for an informed OP so people can easily get up to date.

Maybe I was really lucky, but when I played Persona 4 Golden both Dojima and Nanako Social Links felt really connected to each other. I don't know if it was designed that way or not, but those two SL made me feel really attached to the game story.

Nimby

Banned
As much as I'll get and play P4D, I'd be very happy if they didn't intentionally delay P5 just so that it's out after dancing.

I wouldn't like that either. I just want to know what's the big holdup with P4D. We should know wayyyy more than we do now.

Makio

This x1000.

My bets in this :
New songs (official reveal first and then been played in the Night of the Phantom Concert).
A new trailer (1-2 minutes long)
A exact release window (June 2015 , July 2015)
Some character reveals.

If i have to choose one : new 1-2 minutes trailer with a song (most likely "Take You Heart").

It's been so long ago and I know times have changed, but how did Atlus handle P4 information from its announcement up until it launched? Just how much can we expect to know about P5 before it launches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom