• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona News Stream 2015 Discussion Thread (Read Post #132)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Is the Velvet Room a jail cell?

Possibly?
jvtqrn.gif

Actually turning into the persona? I can't handle the hype.

HeelPower

My expectations about the main character have been completely shattered.

The tone here is so different from the somber initial reveal.

Awesome.

Mar Nosso

Banned
So Personas now are a transformation instead of a summon: AWESOME!

And apparently enemies are now roaming around, no more random shit: AWESOME!

Finally: will it still be a mind-numbing grind? Hope not, because that drove me away from P4 and never finished it.

A lot of the various scenes seem to be taking place around Shibuya, from the colorful pillars in the metro station near the fukotoshin line to the hachiko crossing, even the opening credits for it were being displayed on one of the crossings in Shibuya.

yami4ct

Man, all I can say is amazing trailer. Game looks very fresh and beautiful. Phantom thief theme/gimmick is super cool and the dungeons look awesome. Liking the looks of the other cast so far as well. A bit worried about adding stealth into a persona game, but I have to imagine if it's built into the dungeons it'll be really easy or optional.

I like how it seems they've abandoned the regular shadow type enemies in favor of fighting other personas/demons from that brief second of battle footage.

The animation in the middle of a trailer reminds me a little of Bakemonogatari's opening.

And it's confirmed to take place in Shibuya (or at least, the protagonist was walking in Shibuya)

Best 3 things:

1. Very unique direction from everything prior with the "Phantom" vibe and the characters transforming into their Personas instead of simply summoning them.
2. The very high level of graphics on display. It looks very much like Catherine or above, which I am glad about.
3. The new dungeon gameplay loooks like it will freshen things up immensely. One of the biggest hopes was that they weren't just corridors again. Wish granted.

Here is a HD video from ATLUS themselves I think.

Here is what i gathered : There are more than 3 Human party members 4-5 if you watch the first red scene with them running/jumping around in the city. There is somebody who is dressed like a racoon.

We have then Cat Lady (Red one... second in the red scene)
The Sceleton guy (4 one in the red scene)
And the Protagonist (The last one in the red scene)
So first one could be somebody else or still the protagonist (Same clothes)
And the Racoon lady is nowhere to be seen in the rest of the video.

You can equip a gun and a melee weapon

There is some cooperation window in the menu.

Shouta

I wonder if the characters shown are the only available party members?

They'll probably add more but these would be the usual 2-3 that make the initial core of the group. Basically Yukari/Junpei, Chie/Yosuke. Or Eikichi/Lisa/Maya, Kazuya/Ulala/Baofu for IS and EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom