• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 (PS3/360/PC/PSP) first screens and details - You will say wow

olimpia84

No Wii U version? Come on Konami, I've been waiting for an HD play control version forever and now you diss it just like that

butman

Graphics w**res everywhere.
Screens seems ok for me for current gen, is like GTA V level. We can't expect more.
The most important thing that all we are waiting for is the engine, the EEE in movement.
Just by knowing that is a new engine i can't wait!

-Amon-

Konami should have dedicated a team 2 years for a Next Gen version of PES2014, it is something big after all, but what's done is done, the question remains if PES will be able to regain the crown from FIFA or not.

The crown in sales ? I'm afraid it's not going to happen for a long time. EA has too much of a budget difference in their favour to obtain that.

I'm afraid licenses are too much important nowadays. Back in the time even without licenses konami succeeded in making a game that was so much better than Fifa...

Today, at least in my opinion, Pes 13 is already a better football game than FIFA 13. But the difference is that today Fifa is not awful as it was in the PS one days.

Hasney

When PES was king no one gave a shit about that, let's be real, licenses don't mean much when you're looking for the best footy game. What matters is which is the better game.

Exactly this. I still even play the old XBoxOG PES games because they are the best.

That said, the FIFA games that gen were intolerable gameplay wise. Just absolutely awful, but they're a lot better themselves now.

I don't care about graphics, but EA have shown that they're not really bothering with the PC version of '14 so I'll not bother with the £30 squad update. If this turns out good gameplay wise, I will be all over it.

As for there being no next-gen version, I can understand that. Them shitting out PES6 with less features on 360 was an an awful move and since this is a brand new engine and built from the ground up, it's probably for the best they don't have a next-gen version. They don't have EA's money so they probably can't have 2 HD teams working at once.

I don't understand the argument that 'oh well, the first next gen football games are always shit anyway'. PES 6 was better than anything we've had since.

So much for the scalable engine...

Adam Bhatti
‏@Adam_Bhatti
@TScorpio @AsimTanvir @GariClark @marshallavfc we built a brand new engine this year, sorry we couldn't build you two new engines.

They'll have to build a brand new engine for next gen? wat

When PES was king no one gave a shit about that, let's be real, licenses don't mean much when you're looking for the best footy game. What matters is which is the better game.

I think there's a pretty huge difference today, seeing as modded games for more teams and such won't work online which has become what a hell lot of people play against each other, instead of playing games versus each other offline on the couch.

Blablurn

I hope the game will feature this choreography

jbwAY7NCcKDnuM.jpg

Ashes

Banned
So much for the scalable engine...

Adam Bhatti
‏@Adam_Bhatti
@TScorpio @AsimTanvir @GariClark @marshallavfc we built a brand new engine this year, sorry we couldn't build you two new engines.

I take it back. He isn't incompetent at his job at all. ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy poop this look pretty bad.

Fox Engine disappoint again again, first MGSV look awful and now this.

Konami need to invest on a new engine.

Remember the last thread?

pes-20149cu1n.gif

m2QgX6e.jpg

hail to the king

Return Of The King

HYPE. THE KING IS BACK

RETURN OF THE KING

Return of the King?

Return of the King, for PC players.

ooooooh yeah

I'm hyped, looks glorious. Definitely has much better animation than FIFA already. Can't wait for E3.

GET HYPE! ROTK! Fuck FIFA.

The king is back

looks vastly superior to fifa

DerZuhälter;60220929 said:
Mandatory:

kb3arremud3.jpg

not this year!

L4qi5ek.png

9u5NGq3.jpg

0001954995469461288736.png

Konami needs to release a trailer ASAP for damage control. Beside the fact that the non-Bayern fans in Germany would rather buy a bag of STDs than a game with Bayern all over the cover, the released screens look like utter poo. Welcome back to the cycle guys.
Current stage: DENIAL

Sou

So I tweeted in agreement at the shocking attitude the Community Manager is taking against the critics, and it seems that I have been blocked.

This is great PR work there Konami.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Guys, it looks fantastic. The atmosphere is great, the look alikes too. It's just the low quality screenshots, they look upscaled.

So I tweeted in agreement at the shocking attitude the Community Manager is taking against the critics, and I got blocked.

I got blocked too, but I was kind of a dick making fun of Konami, but hey, the truth about the hilarious state konami is in hurts I guess. :p

Sou

I got blocked too, but I was kind of a dick making fun of Konami, but hey, the truth about the hilarious state konami is in hurts I guess. :p

This probably what they hired this guy to do. To make sure everyone keep drinking the kool-aid.

DerZuhälter;61159241 said:
Remember the last thread?

pes-20149cu1n.gif

m2QgX6e.jpg

L4qi5ek.png

9u5NGq3.jpg

0001954995469461288736.png

Konami needs to release a trailer ASAP for damage control. Beside the fact that the non-Bayern fans in Germany would rather buy a bag of STDs than a game with Bayern all over the cover, the released screens look like utter poo. Welcome back to the cycle guys.
Current stage: DENIAL

I think at least half of the REUTN OF THE KING comments are sarcasm, I know mine in this thread was.... I was the one who made that damn cycle! lol

PaulLFC

Interestingly Adam (community guy) is now asking whether there's genuine interest in PES Vita or it's just a vocal minority. They probably should have established this before, but it's better than nothing I guess.

liger05

So I tweeted in agreement at the shocking attitude the Community Manager is taking against the critics, and it seems that I have been blocked.

That dude used to ban people from his blog if they dared to criticise PES and seabass.

The crown in sales ? I'm afraid it's not going to happen for a long time. EA has too much of a budget difference in their favour to obtain that.

I'm afraid licenses are too much important nowadays. Back in the time even without licenses konami succeeded in making a game that was so much better than Fifa...

Today, at least in my opinion, Pes 13 is already a better football game than FIFA 13. But the difference is that today Fifa is not awful as it was in the PS one days.

well no one thought Fifa could top PES, but suddenly it happened, so maybe one day PES will do the same, but that day is not today.

liger05

Interestingly Adam (community guy) is now asking whether there's genuine interest in PES Vita or it's just a vocal minority. They probably should have established this before, but it's better than nothing I guess.

lol. You could do the same for the Wii U and 3DS and get a response. How could they not look into this before?

Dont want to go H2H with Fifa on Vita?

feel

Current PES and FIFA are garbage so I'm excited for something "new", hopefully it delivers. Screens don't look so hot, but not too bad either, should look great and sharp on PC (hopefully by default without modding out shitty filters).

:lol ... PES

They try so hard but as long as FIFA got the licenses they will always fall behind.
Such a non-issue, takes a few minutes to apply a custom option file that makes everything look licensed.

Gameplay is all that matters.

edit-

Oh man, Adam wat are you doing stahp.. :lol

True.

That being said, FIFA's default kits look HIDEOUS anyways (all stretched and weird).

Yeah some of them are terrible. But I also just like being able to play with both me and my friends Danish teams... and have them somewhat like the real clubs and not completely random like PES was when they had a few Danish teams in there (as in black players being white and vice versa lol). It's just a completely different place from last gen when the licenses really didn't mean that much, now with so many people playing purely online against others it's a huge problem.

DoubleTap

I'm just going to buy the PSP version to play on my Vita. Curious to see if they really did change anything. Hope it's $20 like the 2013 version.

yankee666

No vita or Ps4? Whyyyyy!???

i Gues ill play Fifa 14 on the Vita and PS4 and PES 2014 on the PS3 when i hang out with my friends

Spat_triate

I could give a swamp rat's ass about graphics. I still play PES 5 on PC and it's more enjoyable than any football game released in the last 8 years.

The gameplay changes sound amazing, but Konami is no stranger to overblown, exaggerated press releases.

I'll wait patiently for a proper gameplay video (not the corny ass E3 one they'll show next week).

Top Bottom