• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

wapplew

Still having to press the OPTIONS button to skip replays and cinematics... ugh, I hate it.

In the PS2 games you could just press X to skip, hut since the PS3 you can't anymore and have to press START (PS3) or OPTIONS (PS4).

Wish they could patch it so that you could either disable replays and cinematics or press X or any button to skip those.

Same. My biggest complaint.

Also the animations between gameplay and loading the replay are becoming longer with each version.

Is there someone from PES development on GAF whom we can ask to patch the game so we can press X to skip replays and cinematics instead of OPTIONS or turn them off anyway?

Spat_triate

I wish you could give individual instructions to players (other than marking and role). Even FIFA allow that (even if doesn't work very well). Unless I'm missing it?

I miss that too :(

They removed it in PES 2012 I think? You can kind of get around it by using Fluid Formations and moving individual players exactly where you want them during different phases (Kickoff/Attack/Defend).

RAIDEN1

In light of the recent sales figures with FIFA 17 apparently blitzing the market as the most sought after football game, I think Konami missed a trick by not aggressively promoting this game more, getting ads out everywhere Bill-boards, TV/Cinema ads, etc....it might have boosted the sales of this game....

What I was surprised to find out is that the game doesn't fully utilise its champions league licence and doesn't have all the teams that are participating in this season's competition? Yet another manual download?

NHale

In light of the recent sales figures with FIFA 17 apparently blitzing the market as the most sought after football game, I think Konami missed a trick by not aggressively promoting this game more, getting ads out everywhere Bill-boards, TV/Cinema ads, etc....it might have boosted the sales of this game....

What I was surprised to find out is that the game doesn't fully utilise its champions league licence and doesn't have all the teams that are participating in this season's competition? Yet another manual download?

PES needs to release in mid-August right when the season starts and everyone is excited about the new season. People say releasing in August is a dead period but so many games have suceeded and will continue to do so at that timeframe, also releasing in September looks more deadly to PES than any other previous month.

However if they decide to release early to coincide with the start of the season they need to update rosters daily to include every transfer not wait until mid September to update in one single update.

PES really needs to be proactive and try something different than FIFA. You can't keep fighting on a same level. Do a 2K when they released 2KNFL at $40 instead of $60 and earlier than Madden, which actually levelled up the playing field that year leading to EA panicking and buying the exclusive license.

ty_hot

There are so many things Konami could do to make PES sell better but they just dont. I got one copy day one because i have a PS4 and i knew it wouldnt be a big pain in the ass to have correct kits and teams. But those that have PC (they get a ps3-ps4 hybrid lol) and XOne (not as easy option files) just jump on the Fifa train even if they prefer PES' gameplay.

Another thing, the rosters. They come, get the full license of Brazilian league, get Corinthians as a partner... And they release the game (and the first update) without the correct rosters? There are players that were sold a while ago in there and players that are currently in the starting 11 that didn't even make it to the bench: That has many fictional players.

They cant even do a good work with the teams they have license. Come on.

Flamengo is also another partner team... And when you get to play with it there is no Guerrero in the team. Its like barca without messi. ITS A FUCKING PARTNER TEAM. I also played again Coritiba, ALL players are fictional. It destroys the experience. For sure it happens with medium/small European teams as well.

At first I was excited about the squad updates weekly, but as I can see, its better to get a OF and keep it for the whole semester. Which is extremely annoying! Konami has a team working on the game, it releases (ok, let's say everybody was working on something else), not everything is perfect, so they can update rosters whenever they want... Then some random people on the internet release updated rosters in one or two days, and Konami cant do it in a week, two weeks... (I'm referring just to having correct players assigned to the teams, I know you can't have the kits for all teams because of licenses. For example Elias was sold to Sporting, but he is still in Corinthians (and both teams are licensed, so I don't see why he shouldn't be there).

Anyway, today, after 17 days, I will get fiber internet at home (300mb uhull) and finally be able to install some new OF (you cant do it offline), and try online with a good connection (heard its a little bit better). Looking forward to it.

Melfice7

For example Elias was sold to Sporting, but he is still in Corinthians (and both teams are licensed, so I don't see why he shouldn't be there)

I can confirm Elias is at Sporting, you have to apply patch in options every week to update starting elevens etc

ty_hot

I can confirm Elias is at Sporting, you have to apply patch in options every week to update starting elevens etc

they probably updated it in this last week ( i dont have internet at home) but it wasnt updated before (at least for the first week). anyway, I hope they keep updating the rosters.

Lupercal

Banned
Also the animations between gameplay and loading the replay are becoming longer with each version.

Is there someone from PES development on GAF whom we can ask to patch the game so we can press X to skip replays and cinematics instead of OPTIONS or turn them off anyway?

I complain about this every year and every acts like it's nothing. In a tense game this can run up to 2 min of extra game time. So infuriating

wapplew

ML salary problem is killing me!
I got 162m transfer fee, only 20m salary budget, Rashford alone is asking for 12m! Ungrateful bastard.
Any idea how to make more salary?

ty_hot

Im installing the PESGaming OF, with Bundesliga, MX and Japanese league. It is annoying installing 20 teams at a time though.

Tried online play yday, 2 wins, 2 losses. Both losses against players that only use Messi. (3 goals in each game). Seriously, they just had tiki taka on and kept passing the ball anywhere all the time until it reached Messi and he scored. They both had 30% possession (because they missed a lot of passes. Very annoying.

But it was practically lag free, no complaints at all. Gonna play some more till I get Rivaldo and Ronaldinho.

Logsi

Still having to press the OPTIONS button to skip replays and cinematics... ugh, I hate it.

In the PS2 games you could just press X to skip, hut since the PS3 you can't anymore and have to press START (PS3) or OPTIONS (PS4).

Wish they could patch it so that you could either disable replays and cinematics or press X or any button to skip those.

I would love to have no blur on the replays...

Menaged

I switched to manual passing 2 days ago (assisted: off, or something like that) and it's been a blast so far. I had to lower the difficulty at first since I lost so many balls, but now I'm getting better. It's so much fun to nail a pass you wanted, and you have so much freedom.

What helped me though is that I stopped using through balls. I didn't manage to get the hang of them, but with manual passing, the I can run players with a normal pass anyway. Hopefully it won't bite me in the ass later.

I'm still doing basic shooting since I tried advanced and manual and it went terrible. I'll probably try manual again later.

ty_hot

Installed the DFL OF all day, just to find that they released a newer better version now lol

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100497

- FULL BUNDESLIGA (ALL TEAMS, KITS, SQUADS, STATS and a LOT FACES)

- ALL INGAME TEAMS WITH CORRECT EMBLEMS, KITS AND CORRECT NAMES

- ALL NATIONAL TEAMS WITH CORRET PLAYERS AND KITS

- FULL MLS, LIGA MX and J-LEAGUE WITH CORRECT EMBLEMS, KITS AND SQUADS

- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE; EUROPA LEAGUE AND LATIN AMERICAN TEAMS

- NO FAKE TEAMS IN EUROPE AND AMERICAN

There are a few thigns off still so I will wait for a 4.1 update that shouldnt take long.

Here there is one OF with all correct players for Brazilian league (thanks god I can start a Master League soon)

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101033

OCD Guy

I have to say aesthetically I hate the way replays are now 30fps, and that the custom celebrations play a cut scene as opposed to being in real time.

Often you'll find your player celebrating in a different part of the pitch for example.

It's only a minor criticism but I hate how they've taken a few things from Fifa's book, I just hope they never turn the set pieces into 30fps slide shows like Fifa too.

The blimp cam is the best cam. Can finally tell when my players are making runs. Sadly it loses a bit of its immersiveness. But who cares when youre playing online :p

wapplew

Encounter a bug in my ML season 5, don't have option to sign rebirth Robben, he just sit there, without club, stare at me.
How can I to fix that?

AFCA

Neo Member
Did PESWORLD already release the phase 2 OF? I would really like to start with the ML this weekend.
Any other OF with a great complete Bundesliga in it?

ty_hot

MyClub is addictive. Gonna play one Competition now, MyClub OPEN rating over 500. 27000 gp prize for DID NOT QUALIFY. Hope I can get at least ome gold player, i've been very unlucky lately.

ty_hot

If I hear the Barca anthem one more time

I get a little bit Genghis Khan.
The anthem, the Camp Nou, the chants... Everything.

And it when you are not playing against them in MyClub, you can be sure that the other team will have Neymar and/or Messi, plus someone else. Always.

GHG

Gold Member
I think the legends one was worse. Spent 300k and only got one black ball, while I've only spent 10k on this one and got Pjanic.

I've decided to stop spinning agents now and just save my GP to bid on scout auctions for the players I want. I have a shortlist of players that fit the way I like to play and my manager so I'm gonna go and get them.

I regret spending all my GP and coins on this weeks agent. I worked out I could have already got 2 players I wanted if I saved it all for the scout agents and used the coins to renew my contracts instead of GP :(

Last years game had a variety when it came to the pitches. Now, aside from the patterns, every ground looks like a flat carpet. Very disappointing.

spwolf

Damn.

So last night... playing top player myclub vs com tournament to get new player.. Finals vs Barcelona on Top Player.

My team is mid 70's, only 1 or 2 black ball players... and plenty of silvers.

Hard game... I a score a goal... then in 50'th minute, i get 2nd yellow card.

Barcelona starts pressing... they press so much that they receive 5-6 yellow cards in next 30 minutes... i could not keep the ball for more than 10s... 2-3 players pressure my goalie all the time. I could not take their ball at all, it was like playing against real Barcelona.

Winning this game was probably greatest moment i had in pes history for past 14 years I play it regularly.

and i got Modric from that in the end, so great!

Blablurn

Damn.

So last night... playing top player myclub vs com tournament to get new player.. Finals vs Barcelona on Top Player.

Barcelona starts pressing... they press so much that they receive 5-6 yellow cards in next 30 minutes... i could not keep the ball for more than 10s... 2-3 players pressure my goalie all the time. I could not take their ball at all, it was like playing against real Barcelona.

Winning this game was probably greatest moment i had in pes history for past 14 years I play it regularly.

Nice!! That rocks!

yagal

Damn.

The king...
slow-clap-gif.gif

I'm actually enjoying myclub more than FUT. It's not so tedious earning coins on my club and there's more chance of earning decent players faster, contracts and fitness arent as stingey and when it comes to renewals it doesn't cost much money.

And there's the customisation for your club too. Just wish match making wasn't a bloody tea break everytime.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm actually enjoying myclub more than FUT. It's not so tedious earning coins on my club and there's more chance of earning decent players faster, contracts and fitness arent as stingey and when it comes to renewals it doesn't cost much money.

And there's the customisation for your club too. Just wish match making wasn't a bloody tea break everytime.

Lmao I know right. I just let it do its thing and do something else until I hear the 'ding' noise.

Hmm defender slows down twice which isn't great.

Great goal, i thought it looked plausible, as if it we're a human, the defender was under the assumption that the keeper was going to deal with it, once beaten almost forfeited and assumed it was going in so what was the point, then realized he might actually have a chance of catching up with it before acknowlaging defeat.

Maybe i'm being too over analytical, but I've seen far worse defending, and not on this game either.

Good goal Lad.

RocknRola

Okay, really confused with how many patches there are.

Which ones should I install? I want the Liga NOS (Portugal) + 5 main European Leagues + National Teams. That is about enough for me (though if each patch and/or a general one has more content I won't complain).

ty_hot

Okay, really confused with how many patches there are.

Which ones should I install? I want the Liga NOS (Portugal) + 5 main European Leagues + National Teams. That is about enough for me (though if each patch and/or a general one has more content I won't complain).

DFL from Pesgaming.

Spanish, Italian, German, British, Portuguese and French are all complete and ready. Natonal teams are also almost perfect (few teams with small problems).

There is also thr japanese, mexican and american league but you can just not install them. But I guess its better to do so, just to be sure there are no duplicate players (someone playing in a European team and in mexico at the same time).

I have it installed, and also updated the brazilian League (small file, quick installation as its just squad updates, kits are already fully licensed).

ty_hot

Amazing goal

Yet to play a game as fun offline than this
Offline the game is awesome, every match is a new challenge. You may destroy a big team, then in the next you cant score against a small team unless you change your play style.

Online though, 90% of the people only play in counter attack, short pass and frontline pressure. With tiki taka on and Messi or Ronaldo as CF. And they use the lag to just keep passing the ball until thry reach their CF to score.. Which happens 70% of the time. Sdriouskhy, before thr match when I see the play analysis I already know how things will go.

Another thing, I have only Bale and Sergio Ramos 90+, then comes Totti (grandpa, cant run for more than 30 minutes) and Ilicic (he has a D in live update so he is a never in a good mood to play)... And many 75-78 players... Somehow my team was rated 5 stars and I was playing against teams with Rivaldo Puyol CR7 Pogba TSilva DSilva... The games weren't hard but i always ended up losing lol changed two players and now im 4stars again, playing great matches (and winning lol).

DFL from Pesgaming.

Spanish, Italian, German, British, Portuguese and French are all complete and ready. Natonal teams are also almost perfect (few teams with small problems).

There is also thr japanese, mexican and american league but you can just not install them. But I guess its better to do so, just to be sure there are no duplicate players (someone playing in a European team and in mexico at the same time).

I have it installed, and also updated the brazilian League (small file, quick installation as its just squad updates, kits are already fully licensed).

Think I'm gonna give this a try myself. I'm using PESWorlds OF but despite its quality its not been updated past 1.0 and by the looks of things I'll be waiting a while. I wanna get cracking on with Ml and tournaments with proper teams.

Sorry if this has been answered before but how are you guys stopping live update from messing up your edited team files. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to turn it off as when I restart the game it automatically live updates before a match.

LAM09

Sorry if this has been answered before but how are you guys stopping live update from messing up your edited team files. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to turn it off as when I restart the game it automatically live updates before a match.

You have to turn it off in Exhibition by pressing R3.

RocknRola

DFL from Pesgaming.

Yeah I ended up installing that too (DFL 4.0). I was just confused at how many patches there actually are right now :p

The process is actually pretty simple (though a bit slower than it used to be on PC), shame you have to manually change the competitions names & logos, but pretty damn worth it! So nice to have PES with all the real stuff :)

Knowing how simple it is I think I'll also install stuff from the South American leagues and stuff like the Libertadores. Could be a fun change of pace after the 20th CL in a row lol

GHG

Gold Member
How is it possible that all these people have teams of messi, Ronaldo and Neymar in myclub already?

Ridiculous. Konami really need to balance this game mode. I'm just out there trying to have fun and play nice football with my team of scrubs and rejects while there are these guys with stupidly good teams but yet they just spam crosses and long balls.

Then the corners... Sigh... I played against a guy yesterday who just ran down the wing to win corners intentionally and he scored 5 goals from corners against me. Like wtf, how can you not hate yourself if you play like that?

Is it me or are crosses way OP this year? How are people crossing so accurately? It feels like everyone is trying to be Sam Allardyce.

Knew it wouldn't be long before my love hate relationship started with this years edition.

ty_hot

How is it possible that all these people have teams of messi, Ronaldo and Neymar in myclub already?

Ridiculous. Konami really need to balance this game mode. I'm just out there trying to have fun and play nice football with my team of scrubs and rejects while there are these guys with stupidly good teams but yet they just spam crosses and long balls.

Then the corners... Sigh... I played against a guy yesterday who just ran down the wing to win corners intentionally and he scored 5 goals from corners against me. Like wtf, how can you not hate yourself if you play like that?

Is it me or are crosses way OP this year? How are people crossing so accurately? It feels like everyone is trying to be Sam Allardyce.

Knew it wouldn't be long before my love hate relationship started with this years edition.
There was a preorder bonus/first week bonus.

I got it too, but I was one week without internet and now suddenly everybody has 4-6 black ball players while I still have 2. Basically impossible to win against them lol

What you can do is to search opponents with similar team level, then it will be fine. (but people will still try to play only with messy Neymar ronaldo...). The good thing is: They will have only one or two of those players.

Top Bottom