• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Lorcain

What modes have full club management? Is it myClub, Master League and the championship competitions? I've played enough exhibition and versus matches to get the hang of things, and want to start with my first team.

catilio

What modes have full club management? Is it myClub, Master League and the championship competitions? I've played enough exhibition and versus matches to get the hang of things, and want to start with my first team.

In Master League you get to pick from the formation to strategies, send recruiters to find new players according to whatever criteria you want, decide wether or not to sell your team members, buy players from other teams, request a player for a short or long period (6 months - 1 year, with or without purchase option).

Select what type of training your player will do. Select one player to train an specific skill. Select shirt numbers.

Other clubs will ask you to lead them, even national teams (you can do both at the same time).

Is a very deep system. Is not perfect, but enjoyable.

I'm currently playing on Chile's league. Planning on winning all competitions with the team, then move to another south america league. Eventually, get to Europe.

Melfice7

I was the luckiest mofo on last years myclub i had a team with EVERYYY top player, this year the only black ball i spun was the TOTY ... and i got Alaba ffs

When is the first price drop gonna happen for this? Wondering whether i should buy right now at full price or wait just a LITTLE bit... I have way too much of a backlog to justify buying it at full price right now but i am tempted because for the first time in about 10 years i feel this MAY just be the first PES to come close to PES6 finally :)

ty_hot

So, which OF are you guys using? I dont remember the name from mine, I just got the correct names/kits/players for the main teams that were already in the game (meaning PL, La Liga, Serie A etc, and doesnt have any Bundesliga team).

I want to install correct kits players for national teams at least, while I wait for a complete OF with the Liga Europa and Libertadores teams. (this is the day where I will start playing ML, btw).

Can I just install this: http://www.pes-patch.com/2016/09/pes-2017-ps4-world-national-teams-options-file-v1-0.html

or will I have problems?

also, is there a list with correct names for the fake stadiums (or are they just really fake, not real and unlicensed?)?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When is the first price drop gonna happen for this? Wondering whether i should buy right now at full price or wait just a LITTLE bit... I have way too much of a backlog to justify buying it at full price right now but i am tempted because for the first time in about 10 years i feel this MAY just be the first PES to come close to PES6 finally :)

it happened

£28 at Tesco's

butman

What happen if i already started a Master League and then i install an option file with the Bundesliga on it?

Bundesliga will appear after loading the Master League? Or i must start a new one?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What happen if i already started a Master League and then i install an option file with the Bundesliga on it?

Bundesliga will appear after loading the Master League? Or i must start a new one?

it'll take over one of the default teams

PES United became Koln for me

Had this incredible 2nd leg tie in the CL with Barca taking on Napoli. Had to overturn a 2 goal lead and what became of it was this roller coaster of a journey in that game. This is why i can't put this game down, they've nailed it. Every match tells a story. So organic and completely plausible.

2nd leg starts at 4:00

https://youtu.be/tU3aslL6rc8

jrmanimal

Lost my first game in Master League after 23 games without loss. I'm okay with it...I was losing motivation to play it. Ligue 2 is so easy sometimes...I had a 7-0 against Auxerre with 6-0 in the first half. I'm leader with 6pts over the 2nd and 8 over the 3rd...they're winning every game too.

In the loss I had 17 shots against only 3 and the goal was at 86 after my defender cleared the ball right in the striker and he got the ball and scored. :(

My GK, J. Stanek started at overall 70 and now he is at 74! Made him the captain and he will be my GK for the years to come.

I was thinking of selling the game...but this loss gave me more hope that I'll have a hard year playing in the Ligue 1.

Sucks that you can't allocate transferência budget to salary budget. I have almost €14m but only €12k to salaries.

Socreges

Banned
Had this incredible 2nd leg tie in the CL with Barca taking on Napoli. Had to overturn a 2 goal lead and what became of it was this roller coaster of a journey in that game. This is why i can't put this game down, they've nailed it. Every match tells a story. So organic and completely plausible.

2nd leg starts at 4:00

https://youtu.be/tU3aslL6rc8
I haven't actually played the game with commentary yet. Is that...the actual game's commentary?

StylusX

Lost my first game in Master League after 23 games without loss. I'm okay with it...I was losing motivation to play it. Ligue 2 is so easy sometimes...I had a 7-0 against Auxerre with 6-0 in the first half. I'm leader with 6pts over the 2nd and 8 over the 3rd...they're winning every game too.

In the loss I had 17 shots against only 3 and the goal was at 86 after my defender cleared the ball right in the striker and he got the ball and scored. :(

My GK, J. Stanek started at overall 70 and now he is at 74! Made him the captain and he will be my GK for the years to come.

I was thinking of selling the game...but this loss gave me more hope that I'll have a hard year playing in the Ligue 1.

Sucks that you can't allocate transferência budget to salary budget. I have almost €14m but only €12k to salaries.

Youre playing on superstar with the fake players? If so then you get my props. I'm playing in la liga2, superstar, fake players and the game is hard as. Awful start but now in Jan and managed to climb to mid table.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So regarding the editing/option file thing...

Can I have more than one custom european leagues in my game, like Bundesliga, Scottish League , Turkish League, Greek League etc.?

Also how do the Become a Legend and ML modes fare against FIFA's career modes?

Nyx

Played some games of FIFA 17 at a friend's place and while that surely is a nice looking footy it plays so much more 'sluggish' than PES.

I did feel the game speed in FIFA felt better so once I came back home I turned the game speed in PES to -1 and I'm liking it already.

GHG

Gold Member
Did anyone get a legend in MyClub? I spent about 150k and my best 3 spins were Barzagli and Mignolet.

From 10 spins I've ended up with:

Buffon
Jesus Navas
Rabiot
Koke
Yaya Toure
Pastore

No legends but I feel like I've done pretty well with this agent so won't spin it anymore.

Logsi

it happened

£28 at Tesco's

Was £26 and was oh so worth it.

I don't want to play anything else right now. I've even downloaded the FIFA demo a couple more times to see if It's better when I'm getting mad at PES. It's not.

My only gripe is laggy online play.

LAM09

What's the best way to go about it if I already have the PESworld option files installed? Should I delete all my edit data and start again, or can I just add all the teams I don't already have?

You should be able to add the missing teams, as they haven't created new teams AFAIK. I would only recommend starting from scratch, if that isn't the case.

Did anyone get a legend in MyClub? I spent about 150k and my best 2 spins were Barzagli and Mignolet.

Probably spent around the same and my best pulls have been Ivanovic & McCarthy. Hope I can get Ronaldinho before Thursday.

I don't quite get it just yet.

What is the actual difference between MyClub and Master League then? I gathered that MyClub in 2016 was some free 2 play thingy but what is the actual difference since you seem to be able to do the managing aspects in both iterations?

Double D

Myclub is the PES version of ultimate team. Start with scrubs, earn in game currency, and use that currency in a 'roulette' type situation to try and get better players. Build a squad with the best players you can.

Master league is a more traditional management simulator. Manage a real club, transfer players in and out, try to win the league, play in the champions league, etc. All based on real life stuff

beastlove

anyone having much joy playing online? The recent patch has improved online play but it still has a way to go to match FIFA. Still the best football game ever. Just need more people to play on PS4.

Ingeniero

anyone having much joy playing online? The recent patch has improved online play but it still has a way to go to match FIFA. Still the best football game ever. Just need more people to play on PS4.
I'm in next week, can't wait to play the Master League and try online matches.

LAM09

It's improved quite a bit on Level 5 from the matches I've played.

Lorcain

The gameplay is so good. I feel like nearly all of my mistakes are because of me, not because of sloppy animations or delayed inputs.

Are the individual skills worth learning and using if I'm mostly playing against the AI? Will they help me get around defenders in 1v1 situations? What would be the best skills to learn?

I don't think I've ever seen the AI using individual skills at the regular difficulty, so I haven't bothered to learn them either.

Condom

Idk what exactly changed but my online games on PC have been super smooth lately, plays just like I want it to.

Dueck

Banned
found the game for 40 euro shipping included now... maybe i'll just go for it at that price!
I don't know if they ship outside NA, but I got it for $45cdn off the Amazon.ca marketplace. Our dollar blows right now, so that's probably like 10 of everyone else's currency :p

Logsi

Really investing time into getting my head around tactics and different play styles on this years title. Really feel like I'm making strides now and getting somewhere.

Only problems I have now is passing not going where I want so I may have to go a bit more manual. Also, players not running onto the ball or grabbing the ball before an intercept, there may be a way to combat this however.

Struggling to make GP now though...

tanuki

Played quite a few games in the friendly lobby, and I gotta say the standard of football seems to be so much better than FIFA. Like, people trying actual tactics. I guess it might be different in online Myclub and seasons, but since those modes seem to be ghost towns in Asia, the friendly lobby will suffice. Having so much fun with it.

Still having to press the OPTIONS button to skip replays and cinematics... ugh, I hate it.

In the PS2 games you could just press X to skip, hut since the PS3 you can't anymore and have to press START (PS3) or OPTIONS (PS4).

Wish they could patch it so that you could either disable replays and cinematics or press X or any button to skip those.

heringer

I wish you could give individual instructions to players (other than marking and role). Even FIFA allow that (even if doesn't work very well). Unless I'm missing it?

Top Bottom