• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

LAM09

Those responses

The FIFA/PES rivalry is hilarious. Everyone I've spoken to about this game has sneered at me with contempt. One of my friends said PES was too arcadey and that FIFA was "much more realistic"

As heated as Trump/Clinton and as deluded

It will never change. I've always seen FIFA/PES discussions like boys V men. I know that doesn't apply to everyone, but close enough.

ty_hot

Nice the European PSN store has this for 35€. This is the first year i skipped FIFA and waited for PES to go on sale. So excited. But now i have to figure out how to Install the option files first.

Look for the Option Files from PESGaming, they are great. And its easy to install. The only thing that takes time is changing emblems and names of competitions, which must be done manually.

Bearded Messi is coming on Data Pack 2.

CxXcFtZUoAAj_Va.jpg:large

Afrikan

It will never change. I've always seen FIFA/PES discussions like boys V men. I know that doesn't apply to everyone, but close enough.

you would think Fifa Trolls/shills? would be too busy playing Fifa than going out of their way to bash PES.
dunno.gif

Sou

The PES team needs to be more transparent in how their updates affect the gameplay.

The last patch (where gameplay changes was officially mentioned) brought some welcomed and positive changes to the gameplay.

However, gameplay seems to have been affected by the most recent live update, some of them not so positive. It is frustrating when we have to guess what has been changed, if anything has been changed even.

The team needs to seriously consider being more explicit in any adjustment they make to the stats or gameplay because it's something that directly impacts the enjoyment of the game for core fan.

GHG

The PES team needs to be more transparent in how their updates affect the gameplay.

The last patch (where gameplay changes was officially mentioned) brought some welcomed and positive changes to the gameplay.

However, gameplay seems to have been affected by the most recent live update, some of them not so positive. It is frustrating when we have to guess what has been changed, if anything has been changed even.

The team needs to seriously consider being more explicit in any adjustment they make to the stats or gameplay because it's something that directly impacts the enjoyment of the game for core fan.

The live updates don't change any gameplay afaik, just player form.

Will the Data Packs mess with the Option Files?

Depends on if your OF is compatible with data packs or not. As long as your OF hasn't messed with player appearances or stats then you should be ok.

tanuki

I'm still so into this. The gameplay doesn't get old at all. I've been playing Master League for the first time in years (probably since PES5 or 6) and it's fantastic. I'm leaning towards this being the best PES ever, I literally want to play it every day. It's keeping me away from playing other games, Battlefield 1 is collecting dust.

RocknRola

That feel when you start up a Master League with your home team (with players barely on level with the classic ML squad) and after 3 hard fought seasons and reasonable management of money/investment/squad improvement, you finally get to win the League and play the CL! *

feelgood.jpg

Playing on Top Player. Tried to have a go at with Superstar early on, but I just couldn't deal with it :/

ty_hot

Data Pack 2 details:
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/dp/data_pack2

Signal Iduna Park and Anfield Road are joined by Allianz Parque (home of Palmeiras, current leaders of the Brazilian League). That was kind of unexpected, I guess, and really nice!

Before the release, when they announced the partnership with the Brazilian League there was a question about more Brazilian Stadiums and Konami answered 'I cant confirm anything, but I think you have good sources'.

I was expecting the stadium of Gremio as well, but Palmeiras will be great already. I will have the great feeling of beating those porks at their home, finally.

Jack cw

That feel when you start up a Master League with your home team (with players barely on level with the classic ML squad) and after 3 hard fought seasons and reasonable management of money/investment/squad improvement, you finally get to win the League and play the CL! *

feelgood.jpg

Playing on Top Player. Tried to have a go at with Superstar early on, but I just couldn't deal with it :/

Just get used to what the AI gives you. Regardless of what team you choose, passing, crosses and quick direction changes with your players always work to break through the wings. Superstar is really not that hard and I do not even use advanced skills or anything.

vdlow

Before the release, when they announced the partnership with the Brazilian League there was a question about more Brazilian Stadiums and Konami answered 'I cant confirm anything, but I think you have good sources'.

I was expecting the stadium of Gremio as well, but Palmeiras will be great already. I will have the great feeling of beating those porks at their home, finally.
Well, then I hope you have better luck doing that than your team had this year.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
you would think Fifa Trolls/shills? would be too busy playing Fifa than going out of their way to bash PES.
dunno.gif

They're waiting, dick in hand for the TOTW

Man, none of the new stadiums for the PC. Konami really have fun pissing off pc users...

Yep, they hate us. Probably be the last PES I purchase if they continue this shit, shame because it's 10x better than FIFA.

RocknRola

Just get used to what the AI gives you. Regardless of what team you choose, passing, crosses and quick direction changes with your players always work to break through the wings. Superstar is really not that hard and I do not even use advanced skills or anything.

I'll try out the CL with the current difficulty and see if I need to step it up. I think my best player is rated like 77 or something lol

ty_hot

For those talking about the difficulty of the game, be aware that the Team Spirit affects so much your players, maybe you are not winning because your team spirit is too low (and your players are dumb), not because you should lower the difficulty of the game.

From team spirit of 50-70 most players are stupid, they dont run, dont try to cover spaces (both attacking and defending)... My team now is 80+ after one season and they are playing better but they are still a little bit stupid sometimes (resulting in goals conceded and opportunities not created).

Well, then I hope you have better luck doing that than your team had this year.

=(

RocknRola

For those talking about the difficulty of the game, be aware that the Team Spirit affects so much your players, maybe you are not winning because your team spirit is too low (and your players are dumb), not because you should lower the difficulty of the game.

From team spirit of 50-70 most players are stupid, they dont run, dont try to cover spaces (both attacking and defending)... My team now is 80+ after one season and they are playing better but they are still a little bit stupid sometimes (resulting in goals conceded and opportunities not created).

=(

Had no idea that was the case tbh. I recall that during the first season (when I finished 6th) my team spirit never went higher than the mid-70's. Only during the 2nd season did it start going higher. Though since my players are mostly average, perhaps it doesn't make that much of a difference with them.

In any case, it's not like I'm frustrated with the game or anything. I'm having fun with it, I feel it's challenging enough for me right now, in a way that feels fair. Even when I lose games I don't fee like the AI cheated or anything unreasonable like that, I actually end up feeling that if I had done things differently (changed tactics, players, attacked in a different way, defended a little bit better, etc) I could have actually won.

ty_hot

Champion of the Brazilian Cup, got an amazing prize from my president: 30 thousand euros more of Sallary expenditure. lol This game is surreal in the management side.

I've hit the post at least 8 times from close free kicks. how the hell am I supposed to score? In the old PS3 days I would start ML with Lyon so that I could score goals with Juninho every other match :D And I finally learned how to make my wall jump, lost at least 4 matches last season in last minute goals because my wall didnt jump (press circle button - btw I call it ball button and everybody else is Brazil does as well)

Had no idea that was the case tbh. I recall that during the first season (when I finished 6th) my team spirit never went higher than the mid-70's. Only during the 2nd season did it start going higher. Though since my players are mostly average, perhaps it doesn't make that much of a difference with them.

In any case, it's not like I'm frustrated with the game or anything. I'm having fun with it, I feel it's challenging enough for me right now, in a way that feels fair. Even when I lose games I don't fee like the AI cheated or anything unreasonable like that, I actually end up feeling that if I had done things differently (changed tactics, players, attacked in a different way, defended a little bit better, etc) I could have actually won.

Mid-70s is good already. They dont do anything dumb

When I started MyClub I had a team bad coach, so my team points was higher than what he could handle, as a result I had a Team Spirit of.... SEVEN. By that time I thought Team spirit was from zero to ten, so I thought it was ok lol Played 4 matches, got destroyed by 5 goals at least every time. Then I played one SIM match, lost again, 7-0 IN THE HALF TIME. Then I got a new coach, went to 50s TS. So much better, but the players still seamed that they were playing with jeans on lol You have the ball in the flank and your CF doest go to the middle of the box to prepare for a header... you have the ball with the AMF in a counter attack and your CF is just walking sideways... the opposite team is attacking you and you press square and the COM player that goes for it is walking and even when he is near he doesnt try to steal the ball.

those were hard times! I always play with 60-70% possession, but when I had TS below 60 it was normal to have nearly 80% possession because I would find myself with the ball near the opposition box, but my CFs wouldnt run nowhere, so I was just passing the ball sideways. I used to shoot a maximum of 4 times per match... now with TS 80+ I shoot solid 10-15 times, sometimes 20, which is my normal rate in PES.

What's the go to pack to use at this moment, any decent ones people are using for PS4?

I've changed my hdd and tried restoring my edits.. To my horror I've managed to DESTROY my data, it's a mess. Wrong kits everywhere... Whats the best way to sort this? Is there a way to like 'restore to default' and start again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What's the go to pack to use at this moment, any decent ones people are using for PS4?

I've changed my hdd and tried restoring my edits.. To my horror I've managed to DESTROY my data, it's a mess. Wrong kits everywhere... Whats the best way to sort this? Is there a way to like 'restore to default' and start again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get the DFL 4.0 Option file from PESGAMING. Every single team in the game updated

Lupercal

Banned
What do you mean partially licensed? With an option file and 10 minutes of renaming competitions I don't have a single fake team or competition.

Out of the box it's partially licensed. I've fiddled with mine too but after the 3rd update of having to do it again kinda give up ;:/

ChanMan

I'm still so into this. The gameplay doesn't get old at all. I've been playing Master League for the first time in years (probably since PES5 or 6) and it's fantastic. I'm leaning towards this being the best PES ever, I literally want to play it every day. It's keeping me away from playing other games, Battlefield 1 is collecting dust.

I hear ya brother, this game is the reason why I still haven't beat Blood & Wine DLC and barely playing through Titanfall 2

Is there a way to include bayern munich?

Yes check the DFL option File on Pesgaming plus the entier Bundesliga and even the option to replace 2.Bundesliga with the Serie B.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
God, it's so weird hating FIFA this year and loving PES. Haven't since the PS2 days.

KONAMI do their best to make you hate the game though, if you own a PC.

ty_hot

Hi guys. New to the PES Club here. I'm thinking about getting an option file for the PS4, but it seems that there are a lot of them, which is confusing for a newcomer like moi. :p

Is there one we can call definitive and free? I'm an Arsenal fan, so one with the full Premier League and the Champions League would be cool, but I'm also interested in the South American (and Mexican) squads.

Cheers!
This is what I use and recommend:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100497
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101107

Not sure if you can have MX teams with the second OF (maybe they use the same slots?).

Got my problems sorted, back with updated kits and teams, excellent!

How are you guys preparing for the upcoming update, is there anything we can do to ensure it doesn't muck up our kits, or do we not update for now...

ty_hot

Got my problems sorted, back with updated kits and teams, excellent!

How are you guys preparing for the upcoming update, is there anything we can do to ensure it doesn't muck up our kits, or do we not update for now...
I believe the update only change kits of licensed teams and the OF of unlicensed, ao probably no problem.

If your OF didn't change any licensed teams then I believe nothing will be lost. Most OF are probably good.

tzare

Netcode is ok. Depends on your connection though. It tends to lag at times but its playable.

thanks! bought it, tried a few matches and seemed okay :)

btw, where should i go to learn about option files? Which one is recommended to make the game as close as possible to 'FIFA' for team names and shirts?

butman

Playing Premier League now in ML started with fake players team in Championship I have a 78 quality team with 85 team spirit. Superstar difficulty.

There's definitely some matches where simply you are not allowed to win. Konami effect still there.

DD

Man, I'm struggling with this game. The last PES I had was 2012, and the last football games I bought were Fifa 13 and Fifa World Cup. I like both series, but I think I got too used to Fifa.

I started PES 2017 with normal AI, but I won my first match and the other team simply didn't reached my goal at all. Okay, lets raise the AI level. Won again. Raise the AI again and it got cool. Did a few matches, everything seemed fine, despite the fact that I wasn't finding any obvious routs to anything. Started the Master League with Arsenal and the best I could do was drawing. Draw, draw, lose, draw, lose, argh! It's okay. Things will start to work out when I find my ways against the computer. Decreased the AI one step and I was still drawing and losing. Trying new tactics. Nope! Still losing. FFS, rage quit!

Will start another Master League on Normal AI. The computer's defense is infernal most of the time. They leave no holes, they rarely make mistakes. I mean, that's effin cool, but damn, I'm struggling with it. :c

thanks! bought it, tried a few matches and seemed okay :)

btw, where should i go to learn about option files? Which one is recommended to make the game as close as possible to 'FIFA' for team names and shirts?
I use this one: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268

Socreges

Banned
Man, I'm struggling with this game. The last PES I had was 2012, and the last football games I bought were Fifa 13 and Fifa World Cup. I like both series, but I think I got too used to Fifa.

I started PES 2017 with normal AI, but I won my first match and the other team simply didn't reached my goal at all. Okay, lets raise the AI level. Won again. Raise the AI again and it got cool. Did a few matches, everything seemed fine, despite the fact that I wasn't finding any obvious routs to anything. Started the Master League with Arsenal and the best I could do was drawing. Draw, draw, lose, draw, lose, argh! It's okay. Things will start to work out when I find my ways against the computer. Decreased the AI one step and I was still drawing and losing. Trying new tactics. Nope! Still losing. FFS, rage quit!

Will start another Master League on Normal AI. The computer's defense is infernal most of the time. They leave no holes, they rarely make mistakes. I mean, that's effin cool, but damn, I'm struggling with it. :c

I use this one: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268
Not entirely true. You just have to be patient, switch the play, use 1-2s, counter-attack after recovering the ball in the midfield. You have to create holes. A big thing is having a good striker that can make incisive runs and you SEEING those opportunities. That's often difficult, though, if the camera isn't pulled back far enough.

DD

Not entirely true. You just have to be patient, switch the play, use 1-2s, counter-attack after recovering the ball in the midfield. You have to create holes. A big thing is having a good striker that can make incisive runs and you SEEING those opportunities. That's often difficult, though, if the camera isn't pulled back far enough.

Yeah, I try to be patient, passing the ball around. Arsenal has some great strikers for that, like Alexis Sanches, for example. But most of the time I reach the goal is by using the left and right wings, and I hate playing like that. :p

I set the zoom as far as possible, and actually there's just one camera that shows (much) more than what I see with my current camera settings, but it's so high and so far away that I decided not to use it. I wish I could pull my current camera further back. =/

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I try to be patient, passing the ball around. Arsenal has some great strikers for that, like Alexis Sanches, for example. But most of the time I reach the goal is by using the left and right wings, and I hate playing like that. :p

I set the zoom as far as possible, and actually there's just one camera that shows (much) more than what I see with my current camera settings, but it's so high and so far away that I decided not to use it. I wish I could pull my current camera further back. =/
If you're nimble enough you can move the ball around in the opponent's half, tiki-taka style, and passing lanes eventually reveal themselves. Especially if you've got forwards who poach.

tanuki

I was really sucking at Master League until I started changing my tactics and incorporating some of the advance instructions. They really make the teamplay more dynamic and more fun to play. Pretty easy to go through and set some stuff up.

Top Bottom