• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore leaving EA to be Liverpool Football Club CEO in June

Ahasverus

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

How, how does he do it, TELL ME

Elandyll

Banned
All the best to Peter Moore, he certainly is a figure in the gaming industry, and complete industry changes (even if there are some obvious ties) are never easy.

As far as what it means for the game industry itself, I don't think we will see anything drastic in the short term (due to contracts, development duration and simple inertia), but in the mid to long term it is a development which might prove favorable for Sony I imagine. To some degree.

Just as a reminder, Moore was hired by MS out of his Sega days because, beside his skills, he had a real chip on his shoulder with Sony. Like, a really big chip. In fact I'm not sure he didn't actually hate them, because even years later the whole Dreamcast vs PS2 thing still seemed very fresh for him in interviews.

Then the move from MS to EA also saw the ties built between the two giants, which we saw full tilt during the XB1 reveal (which might have helped push Activision towards Sony, this being said).

In the end, maybe it won't mean a thing. But maybe it will also lead to some degree of "normalization" in relations (cue people reminding me that Moore showed up on stage to give Plant vs Zombie at PSX1. Yes, it was just PR to say "sorry" about the Fifa deal and the likes).

Sad to see him leave the gaming industry, Dreamcast and 360 were two of my favourite consoles.

Must be a pretty epic move for him though, as such a big Liverpool fan - congrats Petah!

Trago

Good for him. His work on in the industry will be missed. Everything from the Dreamcast to the Xbox and 360.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hope whoever replaces him fires the NHL development team and brings in people that know how to make a competent game.

I felt smug the other day when LFC had to change their Twitter bio as MUFC have caught up to them in number of trophies.

Good luck, Peter. Enjoy never winning the PL! ;)
Surpassed them* We were tied since we won the FA Cup last season.
The bastards even changed it before Sunday lol.

Nice distraction for whatever that shit perfomance against Leicester was, but it's still not enough for PL fans to get distracted and not bring out the banter and shit stats out.

I'm happy for him, he's going to oversee some amazing football & witness one of the biggest, most loved sports teams in the world first hand.
Then he'll make the drive back to Liverpool from Old Trafford

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Surpassed them* We were tied since we won the FA Cup last season.
The bastards even changed it before Sunday lol.

Nice distraction for whatever that shit perfomance against Leicester was, but it's still not enough for PL fans to get distracted and not bring out the banter and shit stats out.

Wait, we surpassed them? I thought we'd just caught up to them. Even better, we surpass them and they get beaten by Leicester, all in less than a week.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/official-manchester-united-knocked-liverpool-off-fking-perch/114820 said:
To rub further salt into the wounds at Anfield, United even did it with Marouane Fellaini on the bloody field.

LOL!

That is incredible! Good luck to him!

I'm sure EA will capitalize on this with the next FIFA presentation at E3. So hopefully we will get to see Moore once more!

nampad

Damn, Peter Moore is living the dream. Big video games executive and now big football club executive. Did he sell his soul for this life?

Top Bottom