• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore leaving EA to be Liverpool Football Club CEO in June

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Makes sense. Liverpool are the Sega of football clubs.

And Klopp is the Dreamcast

Naah, Wimbledon would be Sega. Once relatively successful, then died and came back as a shell of their former selves. LFC are Nintendo, they've been mediocre at best for the last 20+ years, except that one fluke season, promise improvements every season/new console release, and still end up disappointing even their most ardent fans.

Good luck to him, but as an Arsenal fan, I hope he tanks there :p
I'm always fearful of Liverpool reaching their final form.

Naah, Wimbledon would be Sega. Once relatively successful, then died and came back as a shell of their former selves. LFC are Nintendo, they've been mediocre at best for the last 20+ years, except that one fluke season, promise improvements every season/new console release, and still end up disappointing even their most ardent fans.

Could you please also describe Arsenal as a gaming system?haha

Combichristoffersen

OléGunner;231170885 said:

Liverpool's final form went AWOL sometime in the early 90s. I suspect it saw what Fergie was cooking over at Manchester and decided it couldn't be arsed to even try.

As for Arsenal, I guess I'd say they're Microsoft. They both make money hand over fist, yet are both damn cheapskates (Wenger, I'm looking at you, you can afford some world-class talent, and MS can afford some more first party studios). They both do overall well, but don't have the same global fanbase as their major rivals LFC, Chelsea and Manchester United/Sony and Nintendo, so end up accepting they'll never win a season, but happily trudge along and do their thing.

Chelsea is the Nokia N-Gage, fucking thing sucks ;)

Peter Moore is the only human thing about EA's E3 press conferences. Losing him is going to make them such a slog of robotoc sales people.

WIsh him the best though. That E-Sports role at EA he currently had didnt exactly seem like it was using him to his full potential.

Feorax

It's incredibly surreal to see this again today. Nothing more bizarre than seeing two of your passions in life suddenly collide out of nowhere.

I've met Ian Ayre a couple of times at staff events the club have held over the last year or so, and it would be wonderful if I got the chance to meet Peter Moore in the same way.

KHlover

Banned
So the creepy looking guy who likes to stand in front of a black EA logo on a red background (*dies of a coughing fit*) will get even more screentime in conferences now? Welp.

Nestunt

He really loves Sports. Happy for him, but it's such a different world and business model. Wish him the best of luck.

Liverpool's final form went AWOL sometime in the early 90s. I suspect it saw what Fergie was cooking over at Manchester and decided it couldn't be arsed to even try.

As for Arsenal, I guess I'd say they're Microsoft. They both make money hand over fist, yet are both damn cheapskates (Wenger, I'm looking at you, you can afford some world-class talent, and MS can afford some more first party studios). They both do overall well, but don't have the same global fanbase as their major rivals LFC, Chelsea and Manchester United/Sony and Nintendo, so end up accepting they'll never win a season, but happily trudge along and do their thing.

Yeah this is surprisingly spot on lmao.

I'll add that Wenger is essentially Don Mattrick (a clever business man with no real ambition), except he gets to cling onto power forever and his failures never have repercussions.

Combichristoffersen

OléGunner;231172245 said:
Yeah this is surprisingly spot on lmao.

I'll add that Wenger is essentially Don Mattrick (a clever business man with no real ambition), except he gets to cling onto power forever and his failures never have repercussions.

Wenger is a talented manager, but I have no idea how a club with the pedigree of Arsenal can accept all those dry spells and not lit a fire under his ass.

Wenger is a talented manager, but I have no idea how a club with the pedigree of Arsenal can accept all those dry spells and not lit a fire under his ass.

Because they make money and don't have the outgoings of clubs like United/City/Chelsea. Look at the owners other teams and look how they perform, it is a business sweet spot for them. They have a decent sized fan base, the constantly perform well in cup runs, get into the champions league and attract large sponsors and they sell players regularly for more than what they initially invested. They never really excel but are always up there.

They are probably (can't be arsed looking) the most consistent team in the Prem and that is without making many big money moves or investing in a larger squad to cover injuries or exhaustion. Changing things brings uncertainty and could easily go from being in the top to the bottom within a season if they mess with what works.

Well about that.
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/226354168108052480
4XlV9UW.jpg

Combichristoffersen

More like Graeme le SUX amirite?

Just kidding

Because they make money and don't have the outgoings of clubs like United/City/Chelsea. Look at the owners other teams and look how they perform, it is a business sweet spot for them. They have a decent sized fan base, the constantly perform well in cup runs, get into the champions league and attract large sponsors and they sell players regularly for more than what they initially invested. They never really excel but are always up there.

They are probably (can't be arsed looking) the most consistent team in the Prem and that is without making many big money moves or investing in a larger squad to cover injuries or exhaustion. Changing things brings uncertainty and could easily go from being in the top to the bottom within a season if they mess with what works.

It does make sense put like that. The comparison between Wenger and Mattrick earlier ITT feels apt. Both are shrewd businessmen who make money, but neither have winning ambitions anymore.

Rozart

Phil Spencer is a Chelsea fan?

That...surprisingly fits. So, the current United is Sony during their early PS3 era days then? :p

Isurus

Truly the end of an era. Happy for the guy, but I'll miss him in the game industry.

Any rumors of his replacement?

Liverpool in a final ? Haha 😂
(avatar quote me now 😁)

This is essentially why I self medicate following this club.

Liverpool in a final ? Haha ��
(avatar quote me now ��)

You're a Spud; I'm surprised you know what a final that ain't the league cup is :p

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
As a Liverpool fan I am quite pleased by this. I have been following him on twitter for years and he's clearly a hardcore fan.

Maybe he will actually be able to sign some fucking players!

Liverpool in a final ? Haha ��
(avatar quote me now ��)

I'm surprised you know what a final is...........

Combichristoffersen

That...surprisingly fits. So, the current United is Sony during their early PS3 era days then? :p

Howwever arrogant Sony were during the early PS3 days, they were at least trying. As a Manchester United fan, it barely seems anyone but Zlatan is trying these days :| Current United is more like Vita-era western Sony and how they were dealing with the Vita.

How can you be an Arsenal fan with Solskjaer's name?

Everyone loved OG Solskjær. EVERYONE. Seriously though, back in the day it seemed even supporters of rival teams genuinely liked the guy for just being an allround nice fella.

Renekton

How can you be an Arsenal fan with Solskjaer's name?

Aw come on. Sure we haven't won a league, but a basically every other trophy besides that one has been won during the last 20 years! Sure the last couple of years have been mediocre, but before that we were in CL finals and semi finals.

Top Bottom