• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Quill's Father Revealed SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

http://www.newsarama.com/30349-star-lord-s-father-confirmed.html

Ending years of speculation, the identity of Star-Lord's father in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies has been confirmed. Peter Quill's father is apparently Ego (known in comic books as Ego The Living Planet), played by Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

The casting was confirmed at the Marvel Studios panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego. It's likely Russell's version of Ego won't be seen as an actual "living planet" like his comic book counterpart, and he reportedly raises Pom Klementieff's character, Mantis.

In footage of the sequel showed at Comic-Con, Russell reportedly introduces himself to Peter as his father and explains that he constructed a human form for himself.

Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby as a Thor supporting character, the comic book Ego has been both a villain and a protagonist. He is literally a sentient planet with a face - a direction unlikely for Kurt Russell. The character also has a connection to the Elders of the Universe, two of whom - Benicio Del Toro's Collector and Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster - have or will appear in Marvel films.

At first blush this is pretty dumb. So much so in fact that I had to re-read this article twice to make sure it wasn't a joke.

watershed

Banned
If he is going to be in a human form why make Ego Starlord's dad? The only thing interesting about Ego is that he is a dumb planet with a face. They should have just used his real dad from the comics instead.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
4fcc40e5ab298c8865e4723b98a70849.png

How about these fucking movies stop revealing whose playing the father of who, leave it a god damn surprise. I dont wanna know its some side living planet character, show it in the the movie.

Its Kingdom of the Crystal skull all over again, shia laboeuf is Indy's son! How about we stop revealing every damn little tiny interesting thing.

Sandfox

How about these fucking movies stop revealing whose playing the father of who, leave it a god damn surprise. I dont wanna know its some side living planet character, show it in the the movie.

Its Kingdom of the Crystal skull all over again, shia laboeuf is Indy's son! How about we stop revealing every damn little tiny interesting thing.

I think everyone knew that Kurt Russell was going to be his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom