• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie Makes Millions More Than Any Other YouTuber.

13 year old girls. They're like, 90% percent of his audience.
I don't care about his content, but when I see cancers like rice gum, Jake Paul and similar dudes, he's actually ok when compared to them.

I dont think its even that. Probably since the day he became the biggest youtuber, a lot of people started to tune in to see who or what this guy is just out of curiosity. Thats how I subbed to him because I wanted to see what the big deal is. And I found nothing out of the ordinary. Its a machine that once it gets rolling, it just keeps going. For example some photographer is maybe not the best photographer or has the best work but he has been mentioned so many times that people still go to him because he is more known than that other guy who is 10 times better. You watch their IG and you see an average photo get 10k+ likes. Same for Pew, he uses low budget webcam, puts effort in editing but its gonzo style and even content wise...he jsut reading and reacting to news now. But theres a guy out there that takes 1 month to make a single video because of how much effort he puts in and is not nearly as successful.

pqueue

13 year old girls. They're like, 90% percent of his audience.
I don't care about his content, but when I see cancers like rice gum, Jake Paul and similar dudes, he's actually ok when compared to them.
actually, they are not. he has talked about his demographics previously, and you are completely wrong.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Only 18 youtubers in the whole world earns more 1s 50.000 dollar with YT ads??

How is that even possible?

peronmls

Are people still complaining about views and how many of them are children? Goofy. People need to just need to move on. He will probably stay number one until he calls it quits.

The first time i watched PDP was when Goat simulator was a thing. I was like wtf? I never watched another video for a few years and then started watching some of his non playing content and found he seemed just like a regular person. I really like his travel videos, and his BB and DS LPs are pretty dang funny.
Reminder he was just doing a regular job when he started doing Lps. Major props to his perseverance and YT should bow at his feet everyday. Like American Idol (Kelly Clarkson) they could not have gotten a better person to be the face of their channel at the start.

Are people still complaining about views and how many of them are children? Goofy. People need to just need to move on. He will probably stay number one until he calls it quits.
He is a true influencer, though i hate that term. When he started to play Minecraft for a few months, not only did all the no talents on YT copy, but Minecraft overtook Foreskin as the most popular game.

The Alien

Banned
Frankly dont care about any of them. That being said, good on all of 'em for making that scratch. 👍

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I watch him sometimes. Not bad.

I really wish he'd go back to doing book reviews. It was just something he tried out, but they were the best book reviews I'd seen on YouTube.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Jesus. What it is about Felix that makes him such a must watch for people? I ask because I've never followed his career so I really can't see the appeal.
People purchased the "pet rock."

There isn't any logic in it. I consider him a complete mumbling idiot but that is just me.

Diddy X

He is entertaining for the biggest demographic on youtube, there are people who don't like him but every single person will have its haters, no big mistery on why he is #1

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
He is entertaining for the biggest demographic on youtube, there are people who don't like him but every single person will have its haters, no big mistery on why he is #1
He just went past his 10 years in Youtube, if anything his viewers are more broad in terms of demographic.

His content had more often than not changed too when he gets older.

Fuz

Banned
I dont think its even that. Probably since the day he became the biggest youtuber, a lot of people started to tune in to see who or what this guy is just out of curiosity. Thats how I subbed to him because I wanted to see what the big deal is. And I found nothing out of the ordinary. Its a machine that once it gets rolling, it just keeps going. For example some photographer is maybe not the best photographer or has the best work but he has been mentioned so many times that people still go to him because he is more known than that other guy who is 10 times better. You watch their IG and you see an average photo get 10k+ likes. Same for Pew, he uses low budget webcam, puts effort in editing but its gonzo style and even content wise...he jsut reading and reacting to news now. But theres a guy out there that takes 1 month to make a single video because of how much effort he puts in and is not nearly as successful.

JimboJones

I hate his content too, it's like one level above those channels that open toys to hypnotize toddlers, but I'm not gonna be mad that he earns money from it or anything.

Pansy

Children don't watch PDP anymore ever since he stopped screeching and cursing like an idiot.

He shows his analytics here at the 3:55 mark

This is a year old, but only 11% of his viewers are below 18, 44% are between 18-24. 28% between 25-34 and 17% are 35+. This is also why he's selling so much more merch compared to others like Jake Paul who has mostly children watching him... they can't afford merch.

Jeez so he's catering to manchildren now? Maybe the fanswho started watching his videos in the later 2000's never really grew up.

Top Bottom