• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR3 New York + Photo Mode vid

Blimblim

The Inside Track
726_0013.jpg

:D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gek54 said:
Any of the servers working?, Im getting nothing.
I've lost my main download server a few days ago, Bittorrent is the safest bet now. I hope to get a new server before the end of next week. Fingers crossed.

Helznicht

I remember someone who said they played it not really seeing how they could have spent the PGR2 Polygon level budget on the bridge alone. Were they blind? Holy Crap.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Helznicht said:
I remember someone who said they played it not really seeing how they could have spent the PGR2 Polygon level budget on the bridge alone. Were they blind? Holy Crap.
While playing it's impossible to notice all the details, the bridge does honestly not seem that impressive until you stop moving and look around.

thorns

Banned
Shompola said:
why was the car sometimes transparant?

that happens when you stay on one place too long and/or drive backwards.. to prevent other racers from crashing into you. it was the same in pgr 2 as well.. a lot of people online seem to like to drive backwards :)

thorns said:
that happens when you stay on one place too long and/or drive backwards.. to prevent other racers from crashing into you. it was the same in pgr 2 as well.. a lot of people online seem to like to drive backwards :)

what I wouldn't have given to have had that feature in the MotoGP demo during those opening days of Live...

Jerkface

Banned
Shompola said:
why was the car sometimes transparant?

Someone went back in time and stopped the designer's mother and father from getting it together at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

Why is no one commenting on the environment mapping? It is nothing but a static map that only moves (rotates) when the car turns. Are they seriously going to ship the game like that?

Also, the environment does not cast a shadow on the car, the car just goes light/dark whenever it goes underneath a shadow.

Jerkface

Banned
PanopticBlue said:
Why is no one commenting on the environment mapping? It is nothing but a static map that only moves (rotates) when the car turns. Are they seriously going to ship the game like that?

New York was unoptimised at X05, if this is the same build then they probably switched the realtime reflections off as a quick fix so they could show off the city.

Gek54

Blimblim said:
While playing it's impossible to notice all the details, the bridge does honestly not seem that impressive until you stop moving and look around.

Now thats telling.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks insane!

I also noticed the lack of proper reflections, but they've been in there before, so I'm sure they were simply disabled. I also noticed the lack of anisotropic filtering, which I hope they enable for the final.

Finally downloaded the movie, and man, is that impressive. As you're driving across the Brooklyn Bridge and then look into the horizon and see the New York City skyline, wow, just wow! Amazing stuff.

Zaphod

Gek54 said:
I would more than happy with that reflection detail if it meant 60fps. *Wink wink* Bizarre.

I've resigned myself to 30fps PGR. SoTC's motion blur makes me think it can work. What I want to know is if the reflections work at 30fps.

shpankey

not an idiot
Reading his posts about it, I think Gek thinks the devs are reading his posts and listening to him... like he can convince them to go to 60fps or sumfin.

Just in case they are...

Go 60fps please! Less detail, no motion blur, whatever it takes, make it happen. To me, 60fps in a racing game makes a big difference for the better. Having said that, I can deal with a locked 30fps and will not complain if it comes out that way (after the fact). I still greatly enjoyed PGR2 and Forza even though they were only 30. But i do love me some 60 though and would have loved them a lot more had they been 60fps. :)

On a somewhat related note: anyone remember Gran Turismo on playstation 1 that had like a single track at 60fps? I could even go for something like that on PGR3... some tracks at 30, some optimized for 60. It'd be better than nothing at all; and it would be a way for them to still make launch and make the 'more detail' and the '60fps or die' people all happy at the same time.

P.S. Not to be nit picky here, but this game (in this video at least) needs some Anisotropic Filtering really, really badly. The track is a blurry mess.

shpankey

not an idiot
Teknopathetic said:
"Go 60fps please! Less detail, no motion blur, whatever it takes, make it happen. "

No.
How about having an option then? Toggle on/off a few extras like motion blurr and FSAA or AF to achieve 60fps then? :D Or like I said, some tracks optimized for 60fps other tracks for the extra detail and only 30fps.

"How about having an option then? Toggle on/off a few extras like motion blurr and FSAA or AF to achieve 60fps then? Or like I said, some tracks optimized for 60fps other tracks for the extra detail and only 30fps."

I'd rather them work on getting the game finished.

Yusaku

The sooner you accept 60fps the better off you'll be. Console games don't let you toggle graphics options. Just get over it.

EDIT: Of course I ment 30fps...

Top Bottom