• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR3 real life comparision

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
real2.JPG

prg32.JPG

guess its originally from txb, but i dont know the poster (sorry!)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks fantastic!

I don't know whether or not to be hyped for this game. I never could get into the previous two (or three, if you count MSR) games...but I didn't dislike them either.

op_ivy

could someone crop the pgr3 pic (to show as closely as possible, the same environment) and put them together side by side?

dorio

Banned
That is too freakin' cool. Now I have to visit all those places with my 360 and drive around the cities in the game to learn my way around. :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
pgr3otherview.jpg

This is a view from the far end of what we see in the pictures. Just to show the level of detail of these blurry buildings.

miyuru

Why are people trolling? We should've kept that instant ban deal going permanently.

Anyway, this is some amazing stuff. I wonder how faithfully the whole cities are created, hopefully it's just not certain sections that are exact while others aren't (though regardless, I wouldn't know ;).

op_ivy

miyuru said:
Why are people trolling? We should've kept that instant ban deal going permanently.

Anyway, this is some amazing stuff. I wonder how faithfully the whole cities are created, hopefully it's just not certain sections that are exact while others aren't (though regardless, I wouldn't know ;).

new to project gotham/msr?

the cities have always been as realistic as they can make them. no artistic freedom here

terrene

Banned
RonaldoSan said:
The road texture could be better. Nice background details though.
That's the MPEG compression. Hi-motion areas are compressed more heavily because the eye can't resolve the details very well. The road at the forefront is zipping by at 190 mph, so it looks quite blurry, thanks to MPEG. The (relatively) "still" areas of the image are more crisp.

APF

I think it's progressing well, even if these shots are blurry. The periodic updates we've been getting have definitely changed my attitude from prudent skepticism to optimistic anticipation. Have no doubt however that next-gen GT, Forza, etc will blow this out of the water.

olimario

Banned
DCharlie said:

Because of their focus on getting the lighting and modeling just right.
Even though it's photomode, I'm still amazingly impressed with GT4. And as impressed as I am with that game, Forza was always more impressive in side-by-side comparisons.

Photomode or not, that is VERY impressive for the current generation.
277g4gg.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
olimario said:
Because of their focus on getting the lighting and modeling just right.
Even though it's photomode, I'm still amazingly impressed with GT4. And as impressed as I am with that game, Forza was always more impressive in side-by-side comparisons.

Photomode or not, that is VERY impressive for the current generation.
277g4gg.jpg

OMG thanks for reminding me of the best looking racing game ever. This new PGR3 game can look close to the E3 demo that everyone side was CG and could not be duplicated. I think Bizarre can do it.

miyuru

op_ivy said:
new to project gotham/msr?

the cities have always been as realistic as they can make them. no artistic freedom here

Cool cool. I've played about 30 hours of PGR2, just never compared the virtual cities to their real-life counterparts.

Top Bottom