• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR5 speculation thread Lucid dreams with Rare side effects?

eso76

Any link to this?

Eh, not really. It's just something i read on their forums, someone said " Thomas already said they wouldn't work ?"
Couldn't find anything official though, but they should get back to us soon.

And guys it's OK, pgr5 is coming.
What do you think it is that Lucid teased with road opens 2013 picture and mid-may that never happened !?
It was scrapped from the reveal and Forza was shown instead-

Shaneus

You're determined to give Shaneus a heart-attack boner, aren't you..?
I've been sporting one since January. It's starting to get uncomfortable :(

PS. I can't believe all of you lost faith. ALL OF YOU. But that's okay. Shaneus forgives you. The guilt you all feel when playing PGR5 whilst thinking "Shaneus was right all along" is apology enough <3

Shaneus

Hey, wait a minute... didn't they mention during the One presentation that there would be games for both 360 and One shown at E3? For some reason I can recall Mattrick mentioning it, but my mind may just be playing tricks.

PS. Nice avatar update CJ ;)
BTW I think I'm at the point where if it's announced for One and not 360, I'll be disappointed. God, I hope it's a 360 title. Come on, Lucid!

Mascot

Hey, wait a minute... didn't they mention during the One presentation that there would be games for both 360 and One shown at E3? For some reason I can recall Mattrick mentioning it, but my mind may just be playing tricks.

PS. Nice avatar update CJ ;)
BTW I think I'm at the point where if it's announced for One and not 360, I'll be disappointed. God, I hope it's a 360 title. Come on, Lucid!

360 would be much better. We could use our steering wheels.

TJP

I hope you're correct Shaneus but again it'll need to be sensational in order for me to buy an Xbox One based on the information we know about the console today.

@Mascot Don't the majority of Fanatec wheels & pedals work perfectly on the PC? I can name plenty of racing sims that you could use them with 8)

Mascot

@Mascot Don't the majority of Fanatec wheels & pedals work perfectly on the PC? I can name plenty of racing sims that you could use them with 8)

It's looking more and more likely. I wonder what the chances are of there being PC ports of PGR5 and FM5..?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey, they said the same about Gears of War...
Epic is allowed to do what they want with their IP, they've just been nice to MS.

But really MS' PC ports have been random and without pattern, they're usually exceptions to the rule though. Still don't know how AoE HD on Steam even happened or makes sense with how MS is.

Mascot

Epic is allowed to do what they want with their IP, they've just been nice to MS.

But really MS' PC ports have been random and without pattern, they're usually exceptions to the rule though. Still don't know how AoE HD on Steam even happened or makes sense with how MS is.

I guess when the XBone bombs and realisation dawns on Microsoft that people don't want a set-top box we might see a flood of PC ports.

TJP

It's looking more and more likely. I wonder what the chances are of there being PC ports of PGR5 and FM5..?
I'd say almost none as Forza is a 'system seller'..mind you I'd buy both games for the PC and then mod the shite out of Forza which is another reason why it'll never happen.

saladine1

PGR5 or FM5, doesn't matter. The whole Xbox One disaster has put me off, and the whole internet along with me it seems..

I mean, I should be absolutely excited about FM5 and the potential release of PGR5, but I'm not. I'm down man, I'm down and I can't get up...

Help me Dr,Phil!

Mascot

PGR5 or FM5, doesn't matter. The whole Xbox One disaster has put me off, and the whole internet along with me it seems..

I mean, I should be absolutely excited about FM5 and the potential release of PGR5, but I'm not. I'm down man, I'm down and I can't get up...

Help me Dr,Phil!

I feel you, brother. I was looking forward to the Nextbox reveal with so much excitement and anticipation but came away from it utterly shell-shocked. Depression soon set in when I realised Xbox was no longer synonymous with gaming.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hey guys, what if PGR5 is actually being made? Most of us was hoping to see it today right? We were hoping for x1 day one title but what if it's being made for x360?

I mean Xbox one will have Forza 5 so no need for a second racing game from Microsoft in the first year. Many people owns x360 and there isn't any games coming from Microsoft for it, at least that we know of.

Maybe PGR5 is being made as a last big 360 exclusive to give it one more chance. Microsoft will see how the game sales, people will be reminded about PGR franchise and then we might actually get PGR6 on x1 year or two after Forza 5.

Can't say I wouldn't like but knowing life it won't happen for sure ;)

one last hurrah, they launch on the 360 at the same time as the XBONE launch, early adopters are already looking away from the 360, it sells like shit because we all wanted it on the next Xbox, MS kills it again.

Shaneus

Help me Dr,Phil!
Aren't you excited at the possibility that PGR5 could be a 360 title? Honestly, if they were able to tease the game in January and get someone in to work on video editing (and trailers!) and design work, you'd think that they'd be pretty far along in the game making process... far enough that it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a release of the game a month or two from E3, well before the One is due?

It may sound weird, but with the thinking I've done on it (and I think you know me well enough to know that's been a LOT) I would find it incredibly surprising, shocking even if it DOESN'T get released on the 360. Probably before they announce a specific date for the One, too... just to get those "might as well get this in the meantime" people.

TJP

A HD update of PGR 2 combined with PGR 4 on Xbox One would be gaming nirvana. I don't think we'll see anything but I remain hopeful.

Shaneus

Hey guys, what if PGR5 is actually being made? Most of us was hoping to see it today right? We were hoping for x1 day one title but what if it's being made for x360?

I mean Xbox one will have Forza 5 so no need for a second racing game from Microsoft in the first year. Many people owns x360 and there isn't any games coming from Microsoft for it, at least that we know of.

Maybe PGR5 is being made as a last big 360 exclusive to give it one more chance. Microsoft will see how the game sales, people will be reminded about PGR franchise and then we might actually get PGR6 on x1 year or two after Forza 5.

Can't say I wouldn't like but knowing life it won't happen for sure ;)
I wrote the following post before reading yours, but I've had the theory that it's a 360 title since the One launch event. They'd be stupid to launch two racing games that are, to the general public, essentially identical.

Also this:
***HOLY FUCK. Guys, the thread on GAF referring to those videos was created on the 7th of Jan. Posts in that same thread indicate it was pulled around the 10th or 11th of Jan. This article mentions the "Road Opens" picture appeared on Lucid's page on the 10th. Anyone willing to bet that this is how things went down?
* Davie posts picture on tumblr, spreads fairly quickly around gaming forums etc., but not madly.
* Deal gets inked (maybe in the works for a while, maybe not) around the 10th, preview image goes up, publisher asks to have videos removed? (Or was maybe just because of pressure if it's considered Activision property, who knows...)

Actually... what's the bet they're using the engine Davie briefly mentioned in his blog before that video was pulled?

Perhaps if they never shipped a game with it, they were allowed to keep it. The PGR4 engine was nuts, apparently the Blur one was even better (it's just not as obvious, but technically more impressive, it's supposed to be) so this could be even better again... especially if it's tweaked to use the 360 and not be multiplatform!

Best part is, with what we saw in that video/gif, everything made in it to that point was by 100% classic Bizarre Creations <3... so the final game shouldn't be all that different from a fully-fledged Bizarre team. A PGR on One would be ground-up and made from all different people, but this way... this is the best way. It's a final hurrah from the Bizarre of old as a way of saying "thank you". You're welcome, Halloween Pumpkin guy :')
I'm probably wrong on the timing thing (they would've started work on it far earlier if Urtone was to weave his magic while creating some trailers for it and working on the design as well as recent as January-March) but everything else feels like it makes sense.

Edit: fuck, forgot to paste in the bit I was quoting from HD.

I feel you, brother. I was looking forward to the Nextbox reveal with so much excitement and anticipation but came away from it utterly shell-shocked. Depression soon set in when I realised Xbox was no longer synonymous with gaming.

The reveal was terrible, I'm hoping now that the multimedia shit is out their spot at E3 is freed up to show some games.

Haven't given up on the Xbox but I can't lie, my enthusiasm is at an all time low.

Shaneus

Hi guys. I got us a good reaction gif from Tuesday's presentation:
fm58iuhx.gif

<3

DD

Help me Dr,Phil!

Glad I'm not the only one.

But PGR5 for X360, yay, I'm in! If it's for Xbone, meh, I will never buy this crap.

Mascot

The reveal was terrible, I'm hoping now that the multimedia shit is out their spot at E3 is freed up to show some games.

Haven't given up on the Xbox but I can't lie, my enthusiasm is at an all time low.

Could you buy a console that your wheel wasn't compatible with? I couldn't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Could you buy a console that your wheel wasn't compatible with? I couldn't.
Did you honestly expect anything you bought this gen to be forward compatible?

I don't understand how anyone couldn't. They will add a button to the controller to justify not only there being a magnitude for the upgrade, but so that they can also sell new peripherals. This is why I held off buying an arcade stick at the end of the gen (but thankfully I got one for free from a generous GAFer).

Nintendo is the only one nice enough, but they pretty much need it because of their Wii to Wii U strategy being a marginal upgrade anyways.

Mascot

I don't understand how anyone couldn't. They will add a button to the controller to justify not only there being a magnitude for the upgrade, but so that they can also sell new peripherals. This is why I held off buying an arcade stick at the end of the gen (but thankfully I got one for free from a generous GAFer).

Nintendo is the only one nice enough, but they pretty much need it because of their Wii to Wii U strategy being a marginal upgrade anyways.

It's fully expected that PS3-compatible steering wheels will work with the PS4. Why can't Microsoft just play nicely?

Hi guys. I got us a good reaction gif from Tuesday's presentation:
fm58iuhx.gif

<3

Still hurts.

I had a lot invested in a PGR5 announcement. A lot. I played PGR4 almost religiously the three days leading up to the reveal, thinking/hoping a new PGR was about to be revealed.

Then the teaser image was shown, my heart was racing, it's about to happen I thought and then they revealed that almost 30 minutes later...

saladine1

Aren't you excited at the possibility that PGR5 could be a 360 title? Honestly, if they were able to tease the game in January and get someone in to work on video editing (and trailers!) and design work, you'd think that they'd be pretty far along in the game making process... far enough that it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a release of the game a month or two from E3, well before the One is due?

It may sound weird, but with the thinking I've done on it (and I think you know me well enough to know that's been a LOT) I would find it incredibly surprising, shocking even if it DOESN'T get released on the 360. Probably before they announce a specific date for the One, too... just to get those "might as well get this in the meantime" people.

Well, yeah, that's what I suggested before. It would also make sense that Lucid's team (with it's size) and background can probably knock off a PGR5 for 360. They've been at it for what 2 years now?
A kind of last hoorah as it were for those who can't get the One at launch and perhaps a source of revenue for MS kind of like what Sony's doing with GT6 and the PS3..

Shaneus

Hey guys, I've just remembered something. Whilst I was doing one of my stalking sessions a month or two ago, one of the Lucid staffers' Twitter accounts had a photo or something to do with Easter, and there was a photo of an Easter egg, a keyboard and a... 360 controller.
ChCFypPm.jpg

Fake edit: Sorry, it was posted 4th Feb.

Now think about it. None of the games they've worked on (that we know of) in any way would've warranted using a 360 pad. Jacob Jones is 100% touchscreen on both Vita and iOS and Pixel Smash is an iOS game too. The OnLive stuff they were doing was for Dirt 3 and a touch version of LA Noire... quite some time ago.

If they were working on a One game, then we wouldn't have seen a 360 controller in any photos at all. That we're seeing a 360 controller can only indicate one thing... they're testing a 360 game.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

my logitech driving force pro for PS2 worked fine with PS3.

Shaneus

I've made Shaneus go full-stalker mode. I regret everything. Sorry, Lucid peeps.
I was in full stalker mode well before you came along! Remember Lucid calling me out in the appreciation thread? Anyway, I just remembered seeing that pic early on in the piece, recalling past stalkerings, not instigating new ones ;)

I admit it's all kind of sad, but I refuse to believe in a future where there's nothing to look forward to. PGR on next gen (or none at all) is that future. Faith may be all I have and I may be deluded, but at least I'm not a sad sack like you guys :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's fully expected that PS3-compatible steering wheels will work with the PS4. Why can't Microsoft just play nicely?
It is? You better temper your expectations, that's pretty heavily unlikely. When standard inputs change, so do the requirements for peripherals, even if they don't retain all of the functionality (i.e. right stick).

But I do not want a new PGR for the Xbox 360. PGR4 was the definitive version for the 360. I am moving on, I want a new PGR in a new hardware.

derFeef

But I do not want a new PGR for the Xbox 360. PGR4 was the definitive version for the 360. I am moving on, I want a new PGR in a new hardware.

That's what I am thinking. IF there is a PGR5 and IF it is for the 360, I am going to be bummed because I will always think "maan.. what could be if it would be on the XB One" - no matter how good it might be.

Shaneus

That's what I am thinking. IF there is a PGR5 and IF it is for the 360, I am going to be bummed because I will always think "maan.. what could be if it would be on the XB One" - no matter how good it might be.
What if? It'll be sent to death because it's releasing the same time as Forza 5. Think it was sent to death being released at the same time as Halo 3? If it's next to the flagship racer on the same console, it'll be a bloodbath.

Never waver, Shaneus.

I still believe.
|<
ASCII Kudos symbol ;)

astonish

I'm not sure we will ever see PGR again because MS is behind the Forza brand.

I wonder if we can get a compromise, which is honestly the only thing I expect now. A Forza Horizons 2 with Kudos? The great kudos clicks, I miss them so...

Shaneus

We're seeing it again, guaranteed.

BADNED is posting hints in this thread, indicating Dubai. As much as we *think* he was wrong about there being a PGR at the One launch, his cryptic clues never confirmed that.

One of the heads of Lucid somehow found himself in the PGR appreciation thread when we first started speculating (even answered some questions!).

Top Bottom