• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

tsundere4you

Neo Member
Isn't there a daily limit on rank matches? Free matches, which you can do as many times as you want, don't increase your grade iirc.

No, I got 3000 BP on the day it came out. Not sure how many main matches that was, was going at it with some friends for a long time.

ezodagrom

Isn't there a daily limit on rank matches? Free matches, which you can do as many times as you want, don't increase your grade iirc.
Free matches recover stamina, one free match is enough for one main match afterwards, so you can pretty much alternate between free match and main match.

Grade 1 and 2 are rather boringly easy, though that's to be expected, grade 3 can be rather fun though, especially when it's the rare version of the castle.
Haven't reached grade 3+ yet, been doing just a few runs once in a while.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Free matches recover stamina, one free match is enough for one main match afterwards, so you can pretty much alternate between free match and main match.

Grade 1 and 2 are rather boringly easy, though that's to be expected, grade 3 can be rather fun though, especially when it's the rare version of the castle.
Haven't reached grade 3+ yet, been doing just a few runs once in a while.
Yeah, this checks out with what I just read on the wiki. Good to know though, thanks for the heads up.

To be honest I don't really care about weapons etc. at this point. I just want those stupid 12 star arm units, so I can match with expert people again. So hard to get, since no one is doing Ultimate Amduscia anymore...

I got my arm unit from Beach Wars. The drop pool is huge but they seem to drop fairly often. Mother doesn't spawn much anymore, so it's your best bet for now. Izane can spawn as well, so that's another larger chance to get one.

Hey guys, I've been looking at getting back into the game and I have a question:

Are character slots now free? I'm able to make another character, and I previously had to buy a second slot to do this back in 2012.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I got my arm unit from Beach Wars. The drop pool is huge but they seem to drop fairly often. Mother doesn't spawn much anymore, so it's your best bet for now. Izane can spawn as well, so that's another larger chance to get one.
I did a bunch of Beach Wars with 250% drop boost + 100% triboost + biggest drink boost, but I only got a stupid 12 star leg unit, ha ha. Guess I'll keep trying.
Hey guys, I've been looking at getting back into the game and I have a question:

Are character slots now free? I'm able to make another character, and I previously had to buy a second slot to do this back in 2012.
I think there are 3 free slots now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It took me way too long, but I finally got 3 12* +10 units and was able to join the ranks of "experts" again! Each unit is from a different set, but at this point I don't even care.

It took me way too long, but I finally got 3 12* +10 units and was able to join the ranks of "experts" again! Each unit is from a different set, but at this point I don't even care.

Did the same thing. Still using my 3-4 year old Saiki set. Don't play enough to even know what passes for good equipment these days orz

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did everyone see the Switch announcement last night on the JP Nintendo Direct?
I'm not surprised SEGA is doing a cloud based version for the Switch. Having to maintain another version of the game built from the ground up and the client being huge were probably the two main reasons.
I don't see myself playing the cloud version, but who knows, maybe it's going to be decent.

Malyse

I'm not surprised SEGA is doing a cloud based version for the Switch. Having to maintain another version of the game built from the ground up and the client being huge were probably the two main reasons.
I don't see myself playing the cloud version, but who knows, maybe it's going to be decent.
I'm switching over from Vita. Game feels good on a handheld and the added buttons should be ace.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm switching over from Vita. Game feels good on a handheld and the added buttons should be ace.
I mostly play on my PC/PS4, but I will definitely check it out, since the Vita version is feeling kind of dated. I don't have high hopes regarding the "cloud" part, worried about input lag, especially since it's a much faster game than DQX.

chashodges

Neo Member
I mostly play on my PC/PS4, but I will definitely check it out, since the Vita version is feeling kind of dated. I don't have high hopes regarding the "cloud" part, worried about input lag, especially since it's a much faster game than DQX.

I'm pretty concerned with the cloud implementation as well - PS Now never worked great for me on a Fibre line in the UK, Remote Play on the Vita has always been borderline unplayable on my home network, so streaming a game from a PC in Japan has put me off a bit!

We'll see. Willing to be proved wrong, but unless there's a way to handle certain calculations client side to then be fed into the 'sim' running server side, I think a lot of the flow of combat will be lost.

Malyse

I'm hoping in spite of everything they release a physical cart.

Bumped posted a recap of their TGS showing, there's also some info on the PSO2 Cloud version:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-12-recap/

"Players will not have to get a large Hard Drive nor wait through lengthy downloads since the game data itself is stored on the cloud server. The graphics will be around Tier 5~Tier 6.

Due to the nature of cloud gaming, the game will run at 30fps, with some delays depending on the network. In order to receive a constant stream, a stable network is required.

The game will play basically like any other platform, with free to play and optional cash items."

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bumped posted a recap of their TGS showing, there's also some info on the PSO2 Cloud version:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-12-recap/

"Players will not have to get a large Hard Drive nor wait through lengthy downloads since the game data itself is stored on the cloud server. The graphics will be around Tier 5~Tier 6.

Due to the nature of cloud gaming, the game will run at 30fps, with some delays depending on the network. In order to receive a constant stream, a stable network is required.

The game will play basically like any other platform, with free to play and optional cash items."
Not surprised they're promoting it like that, have to look at the bright side of not having a client. Doubt they'll ever talk about delays, although 30 fps, while expected, is a bit disappointing.

Top Bottom