• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Dust announced [Xbox One]

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The second best game from the OG Xbox (Ninja Gaiden Black being numero uno).

It's backwards compatible with 360, worth checking out. Though without the online mode, maybe not as much.

majian

Neo Member
For all the people upset it is a remake Killer Instinct is a remake and it turned out great. We can get a sequel later. I rather Phantom Dust remake over no Phantom Dust at all.

This is awesome news.

Although, I am fearful because they could emulate the Hearthstone business model (PD is essentially a "card" game where you collect skills/powers instead of cards). The Hearthstone business model is cool but I don't know if I trust M$ to do it right.

Either way, can't wait to see more.

Arklite

Good to see the name back, but the art style really lost it's nuance if the final game is going to carry that teaser's aesthetics. Both this teaser and Platinum's Scalebound teaser looked decidedly Western in art.

Good to see the name back, but the art style really lost it's nuance if the final game is going to carry that teaser's aesthetics. Both this teaser and Platinum's Scalebound teaser looked decidedly Western in art.

That was my first thought. Part of Phantom Dust's appeal was its bizarre, depressive post-apocalyptic aesthetic which I hope this doesn't lose.

Love Phantom Dust, but let me get this straight, is Double Helix remaking this? Not too interested if it's not the original team.

KiraXD

disappointed with that trailer... it went from a cool slick japanese game
maxresdefault.jpg

to some stupid western looking game.... bleh...
elsdmozh4ehplwuyyjit.png

benzy

Hopefully MS actually promotes it this time around instead of just creating the game and not bothering to even publish it in the US like the original.

phantom-dust-20050111031125366.jpg

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This looked pretty cool, but the original never came out here. Is there an easy way to play it for a european that doesnt involve importing a ntsc Xbox original?

Got legitimately a little emotional when they had the 5 skill symbols pop up all over the stage. Perfect way to announce it. WOO!

Half you damn kids won't know what this game is. But it is huge news for us old people that remember the compact car sized xbox controllers and the fact that they were wired.

Great this is coming out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WE HAVE FUCKING RETURNED.

WE IN THERE.

WHY NO PC PHIL!? ;____;
Gonna get an X-box for this and this alone. So Phil has done his job in getting niche fans like me that are loyal to an IP to get their console.

It's HAPPENING!! Wish we could have seen some gameplay but I'm going to guess it's a ways out. All the same, thank you based Microsoft!

I'm a little confused on who's developing it, though, since Double Helix is now owned by Amazon. It seems like Klobb is supervising development, but where's the team based?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
A remake/remaster of one of the best Xbox games to come out. There is literally nothing to be disappointed about. They could have rereleased the original game and given us servers to play on for all I care.

Hope the art style and music are still intact.

Despera

Banned
I'm actually kinda glad it's a remake. I just hope that they don't try and streamline the artstyle too much.

Cronox

Banned
Cool and all, but a remake/remaster doesn't sell me on buying an Xbox One. Glad that it's being revived though, Phantom Dust was a unique game.

Top Bottom