• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Dust site launched

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Microsoft finally put online an official for Phantom Dust at http://phantomdust.jp/
Very nice looking site 100% in flash (bleh), with an original yet maybe not that easy way to navigate it. It will be updated every few weeks until launch on September 23.
For the moment you can find some small screenshots, 16 skills detailed in video (flash format), one level presentation and a few character arts.
By digging a bit you can find a few more stuff, but it requires a flash decompiler ;)

For the lazy I've encoded the videos to avi, and extracted the screenshots and artworks on my site, tell me if it's ok to post the link or not as I don't want to go against the rules :p

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sorry for not being psyched about a website i cant understand

rolleyes.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track
It doesn't take that much effort to see the content, I don't understand japanese but I just clicked everywhere ;)

Anyway, most of the content except for the videos is this :
214_0010.jpg
214_0011.jpg

214_0012.jpg
214_0013.jpg

214_0014.jpg
214_0015.jpg

214_0016.jpg
214_0017.jpg

214_0018.jpg
214_0019.jpg

214_0020.jpg
214_0021.jpg

MrSingh

I was told (at the last TGS, where Phantom Dust was first shown) that someone responsible for the Panzer Dragoon (pre-Orta) team is working on Phantom Dust.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Yep, the producer of both Panzer Dragoon 1&2, Yukio Futatsugi, is working on that game. The way the "weapons" behave graphically in Phantom Dust is a lot like what we saw in Panzer Dragoon (especially Orta)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MrSingh said:
I was told (at the last TGS, where Phantom Dust was first shown) that someone responsible for the Panzer Dragoon (pre-Orta) team is working on Phantom Dust.

O??????????

no wonder it looks so cool (character art does not look cool)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The english version of Phantom Dust is being developed simultaneously with the japanese one (sorry for my bad english), and Futatsugi is said to really push MS so they will release the game in the US too.
Maybe if MS won't release it another publisher will, considering Dinosaur Hunting was released stateside everything is possible :)

novery

The English version exists. I know, 'cause I've played it!

And it's true, Futatsugi and a lot of employees at Microsoft Game Studios are hoping it gets release Stateside somehow. They seemed really disappointed by Microsoft's decision to keep the game Asia-exclusive.

-rp

novery

Blimblim said:
Thanks for the confirmation ! How was the game ?

Quite good. Like other journalists who had a chance to play it, Phantom Dust has a lot of potential. For a detailed report, check out my 1UP article here:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3128545&did=1

And the good news is that we won't have to wait much longer to see how it turns out. I think Famitsu Xbox's review will be out August 30th, followed by XBN's a little bit later.

-rp

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just put online a high quality version of the excellent E3 trailer of Phantom Dust (more or less never seen anywhere except the japanese xbox.com) :
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_678_en.html

I'll get the demo of the game in the next Famitsu Xbox and make some videos. This game definitely has a lot of potential. I really hope it will be released outside Japan !

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'll get the demo of the game in the next Famitsu Xbox and make some videos. This game definitely has a lot of potential. I really hope it will be released outside Japan !

Unless M$ changed their mind or another pub picked it up, this ain't coming to the US.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DaCocoBrova said:
Unless M$ changed their mind or another pub picked it up, this ain't coming to the US.
Well they only said they would not publish in the US, maybe some other publisher could do it (especially since the english version already exists) just like what happened with Dinosaur Hunting.
If the game is good (not like Magatama) it would stupid not to get it out of Japan.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Well, for it to be this close to release in JP, I find it odd that not pub has picked it up by now.

Anyone remember the days where you had to wait a year or more for a JP developed game to hit US consoles? They barely ever came over fully intact. Sh!t would be removed, improved, censored etc.

Times sure have changed.

belgurdo

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
Anyone remember the days where you had to wait a year or more for a JP developed game to hit US consoles? They barely ever came over fully intact. Sh!t would be removed, improved, censored etc.

Times sure have changed.

LaPucelle-Front.jpg

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Xbox games with pleasing visual design are few, but those that have it are also some of the best artistically directed games on any platform - Panzer Dragoon Orta, Halo, Otogi series, Phantom Dust.

MS said they'd consider changing their mind again and release it outside of Japan if there were enough demand for it.

Top Bottom