• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phenomeno |OT| A free visual novel from the makers of Steins;Gate and Yoshitoshi ABe.

Glass Rebel

Finished the first chapter "flow".

I'm liking it so far. Art and especially the music are great, really eerie. I think my expectations might have been too high, I thought it'd be a bit more complex but it's free after all.

While it's probably no longer relevant, I believe the last server listed had the fastest download speed for me (1MB+/sec)

Thanks but none really worked for me so I got it from a different place.

Shoyz

I'm fairly sure the audiobook version is available on iOS (for 1400yen vs. the physical 2500 yen). May or may not be the video version of it. Not in English though.

Alastor

Can anyone help me run this? I've got this error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Phenomeno_en.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4fbf4469
Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.489
Fault Module Timestamp: 514a6b58
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00011c26
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1045
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm on Windows 7 64. I guess Ati drivers are somehow responsible...

udllpn

Well, I've just finished Phenomeno.

Great artwork, fantastic music, incredible atmosphere and leaves you asking for more. As someone already said, this visual novel is much more powerful if it is read at night.

Nitroplus, please make a new VN from the second case onwards (which, by the way, is already translated in suiminchuudoku for those of you who want to read it as a short novel).

cj_iwakura

Well, I've just finished Phenomeno.

Great artwork, fantastic music, incredible atmosphere and leaves you asking for more. As someone already said, this visual novel is much more powerful if it is read at night.

Nitroplus, please make a new VN from the second case onwards (which, by the way, is already translated in suiminchuudoku for those of you who want to read it as a short novel).

I really like the point near the end where both the game and the protagonist basically tell you
quit now if you want a happy ending. Because it's true.

...this is in community now?

cj_iwakura

Just read the translated first part of the second novel. I could almost see the VN format in my head as I read it, so I hope they adapt that as well. Good stuff.

Shoyz

Just read the translated first part of the second novel. I could almost see the VN format in my head as I read it, so I hope they adapt that as well. Good stuff.

Second novel or Case02? Case01, Case02 and Case03 are all in the first Novel.

Gazoinks

Got directed to this game via VNGaf. Looking forward to checking it out, however I'm having a bit of trouble. Installed it, threw in the English patch. It doesn't run via Start_Game.bat (the process shows in Task Manager but the game doesn't start). Running Phenomeno_En runs the game, but there's no music. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice?

cj_iwakura

Got directed to this game via VNGaf. Looking forward to checking it out, however I'm having a bit of trouble. Installed it, threw in the English patch. It doesn't run via Start_Game.bat (the process shows in Task Manager but the game doesn't start). Running Phenomeno_En runs the game, but there's no music. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice?

Do you get any sound effects?

Gazoinks

Are you set to Japanese locale? I'm not, and I definitely noticed some issues. I was on it last time I ran it.

That might be the problem, I'll try that. I think the problem might have to do with Start_game.bat not working. I've been running via the En exe, but it actually just crashed after the intro when I tried to play a little farther.

Gotta restart my computer for locale, so I'll be back.

Gazoinks

Got it! I think it was a two-part problem, actually. I installed it in documents and then moved it, and I think that was creating a path problem somewhere. On top of that, I think the locale setting was also causing issues. Thanks for the help.

Shoyz

Case03 translation incoming? (At some point)
bnwktRW.jpg

Did it say malicious or suspicious? Chrome tends to flag uncommon downloads for no particular reason, as long as you're downloading it from the official site I wouldn't worry.

It said it was malicious and blocked the download. I just updated Chrome so I'll try it again later tonight to see if the same thing occurs.

Koeta

I had the same error I used the one of the 3 from the first mirror, don't remember which one it was though.

Trying Xgame Electronic Station Mirror #1 now, see if I get the same chrome error.

Edit: Chrome gave me no error with the Xgame Electronic Station Mirror #1, not sure what's up with the first mirror.

Where did you get it from, same place as the OP? (Assuming it's still good)

Yeah, pretty sure it was the last mirror (Xgame).

I had the same error I used the one of the 3 from the first mirror, don't remember which one it was though.

Trying Xgame Electronic Station Mirror #1 now, see if I get the same chrome error.

Edit: Chrome gave me no error with the Xgame Electronic Station Mirror #1, not sure what's up with the first mirror.

Pretty sure that's the one that gave me the warning. I'll try one of the other download links.

Just finished running through this one.
I really enjoyed it, but 'tis a shame about it basically just being a promo for some other material if I understood correctly.
Translation seemed a tad patchy/wooden in places, but that might just be me. All in all, definitely worth a read, and it really doesn't take all that long to get through.

Top Bottom