• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer comments on Silent Hills rumor: 'not true'

autoduelist

He's just saying this so they can have their big surprise E3 reveal!

It's still true!

it was never even close to true

funkypie

Banned
Another thread for another Phil spencer tweet over something that isn't happening. Seriously, can someone make a dedicated Phil spencer Twitter thread lol.

Who started this rumor? IGN?

When are people gonna learn...

Rooster Teeth is where it originated.

Still think it's odd they ever reported it considering the 80% done and billions of dollars stuff. Without those two ridiculous claims the rumor may have at least been somewhat believable.

Haunted

Are you fucking kidding me?! I could've sworn it was legit.
image.php

BiggNife

RoosterTeeth

The same people who said Bayonetta 2 had a chance of being on other consoles long after it was announced and confirmed that Nintendo was publishing it and it wouldn't have been made without them, so clearly they're a bastion for reliable news.

I can't believe so many people fell for it honestly.

It was established beforehand that Silent Hills never made it past the prototype phase. Konami called it "embryonic." The rumor said it was 80% done. How did people believe a rumor that was factually inaccurate?

Because MGS2 gave Kojima a reputation that has somehow enabled fans to believe whatever the fuck they want about his games since they can brush off anything anyone says to the contrary as being part of a Kojima conspiracy to fuck with us.

9b3.png

I saw the original thread on gaf, thought it was a stupid rumour, the IGN reported it and i was like LOL.

At least Phil said it´s bullshit, fucking roosterteeth.

EDIT: Billions of dollars?
qG6OMRY.png

Roosterteeth who got it from a "reliable" anon source. They said it was reliable because the source "predicted" that kinect would dropped. Come on, anyone and their grandmother could have predicted that.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Saw the threads earlier on GAF, but this was the first time I checked out the ign article. Billions of dollars? How stupid are the people who reported on this? Billions...

Kevyt

That would have been huge for Microfosoft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Spencer was lying and Silent Hills is revealed at their conference as a timed exclusive or something.

I'm calling it.

Aikidoka

As expected. And it would probably be a terrible thing if that had happened. How many survival horror games has Microsoft ever invested in? They'd just waste the IP like they do with Rare.

DNAbro

That would have been huge for Microfosoft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Spencer was lying and Silent Hills is revealed at their conference as a timed exclusive or something.

I'm calling it.

That's just stupid. Game is dead. Accept it. Move on.

mrndkra

Just goes to show how gullible people can be even when all the signs are there. 80% done? Billions for the game? Huge red flags right there.

Top Bottom