• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer felt “even better” after knowing the PS5 specs

Can you stop spreading lies? Unless the bro's at DF and Microsoft are not telling the truth. XSX does not downclock for anything:

"But up until now at least, the focus has been on the GPU, where Microsoft has delivered 12 teraflops of compute performance via 3328 shaders allocated to 52 compute units (from 56 in total on silicon, four disabled to increase production yield) running at a sustained, locked 1825MHz " -DF

Ref: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs

Here is another shot with Gears 6 at a sustained 12 Teraflops:

HLzHSkf.jpg
This is a BC title. What the fuck are you getting at?

PlayStation Fans are upset because the competition is confident and proud about their Product?

Who have thought that :D

I'm sure everyone at Microsoft worked hard on the XBox Series X. Therefore they have every right to feel proud about what they have achieved! :)

Now that the 13TF PS5 is now a fart in the wind, It’s amazing how butt hurt Sony fans are at this time. So many cheap shots at the competitor without even seeing a single gameplay video of what the X is really capable of and judging it based on Minecraft and Gears 5. My favorite is the thought that Microsoft hasn’t learned any lessons since last gen. It’s very clear that they’ve learned that power as well as games matter since they’ve gathered 15 (possibly 16+) studios. Microsoft is on a rampage right now. I wouldn’t expect them to slouch.

to this day I look forward to both consoles but all of this fanboy drivel is hilarious.

Last edited:
Oh sorry. Let me fix the math for you.

PS5 - 9.2 (most of the time)
Xbox SeX - 12.2 (always)
-----------------------------------------
Xbox - 3.0 more tflops

Next generation is going to be so fun, I can’t wait for it to start just for all the head to head heart attacks in these threads.

sendit

This is a BC title. What the fuck are you getting at?

Now that the 13TF PS5 is now a fart in the wind, It’s amazing how butt hurt Sony fans are at this time. So many cheap shots at the competitor without even seeing a single gameplay video of what the X is really capable of and judging it based on Minecraft and Gears 5. My favorite is the thought that Microsoft hasn’t learned any lessons since last gen. It’s very clear that they’ve learned that power as well as games matter since they’ve gathered 15 (possibly 16+) studios. Microsoft is on a rampage right now. I wouldn’t expect them to slouch.

to this day I look forward to both consoles but all of this fanboy drivel is hilarious.

Agreed. To clarify, this (the Gears example) is about how the XSX sustains 12 Teraflops even when running a current gen game. Every game gets equal Teraflops. This is simply masterclass engineering from Microsoft. *Laughing at Sony for down clocking when a game doesn't need it* :messenger_loudly_crying:

Phil how do you feel about your games?

Circus clown: I only talk about hardware because you know, no compromises. Also we have gears, Halo and Forza all new this year and exciting.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Don't think Ninja Theory can do so, don't forget they had access to Sony's animation studios, ICE and so much more for Heavenly Sword...…..No need to worry about Tsushima, it will be in the top two best looking games released this year, the other being TLOU2...….The wide vistas and animation alone puts it in top 5 this whole gen....

Gears never touched UC1 in visuals, go play both again on a PS3 and 360 respectively and you will see......UC1 was better than Gears in world visuals, character visuals, animation, physics and texturing...…..Resistance 1 glass and snow remember that, the jaggie Halo 3 with low rez textures, hideous characters had no claim on Resistance 1 with the enemy characters, the bosses, the guns and their detail...….Then we get to KZ2 and RFOM3 and there's was nothing close from there....Are you sure you remembered that gen...?

Also, do you 343 does not have the chops that Bungie had, relative to art and design......MS has garnered lots of AA and indie studios and they have already said they are targeting next gen below AAA and for gamepass and all their platforms......If it can run properly on XBONES, it defeats being ambitious......
HellBlade 1 already looks on par with a lot of what Playstation has to offer, though not in scope. Hellblade II I can't even imagine what that's gonna look like. I'll agree GoT will probably still be the best looking game this gen. Same with TLOU2. Still think Ninja theory has what it takes. I'd even go out on a limb and say the Initiative is gonna be up there too, though we've yet to see anything from them. The talent on board and their mission makes me confident of this.

Last edited:
Phil how do you feel about your games?

Circus clown: I only talk about hardware because you know, no compromises. Also we have gears, Halo and Forza all new this year and exciting.

They’re hyping the console right now, games come later. Godfall isn’t even a Sony exclusive.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I suspect Judgement will make it to the XBox and PC. The 360 never had any if the Yakuza games, that changed, same for Valkyria Chronicles 4
and it almost like you make out the 360 played host to any Sakura Wars game or Persona 4?

And Project Awakening isn't even out yet, let's see if its any good. The One got a decent amount of Japan best AAA games, no doubt thanks to Phil's cheque book
If Xbox is getting these games way later than PS and we don't even know which ones will get ported, that isn't a big improvement

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
If the price is the same, xbox is a no brainer. Then if the Sony exclusives are good enough, pick up a ps5 in 5 years to play them all.
Wait 5 years to play Spider-man 2, God of War 5, Horizon 2, etc and games from Japan?? Psst I'd never

I wonder why they still believe power is the only thing will make them sell consoles
They didn't understand, in 2020, that GOOD GAMES are system sellers, and not how big is your cock? Mmm...

XBOXes are Always awesome tech pieces, yet they Always end up as the loser between them and Playstation

Ok, playstation is way more famous, but I'm pretty sure If they try to put aside, for a gen, this emphasis and go full power on exclusives that aren't the 738283882 chapter of the 3-4 good series they have, they'd sell three times more

They need more and more games, more variety, top notch quality for new exclusive projects and good studios to work on them

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I wonder how Jim Ryan feels. It would be nice to have some communication from Sony like what Phil is doing.
I don't think he cares or has a clue. He is riding the success of the PS4 crew. Sadly no matter how badly he screws it up Sony wins and he gets credit when house and crew deserve it for building up something so strong even ryan can't tank it. Expect more of the same bad marketing and terrible communication. But what was built by house and crew is to strong to fail.

sainraja

HAHAHAHAHA ME?! Yeah cause I'm the one repeating myself a thousand times for weeks like if I'm rehearsing for a play

Waste of time. Good bye :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You seem the most bothered by what he says. I get the feeling he's not as serious as you think he is.

Dante83

Banned
MS created a beast that is well engineered plus their XBL is a great online service while sony underestimated what MS is capable of doing, and is now scrambling internally. Sony need to fix their hardware and their slow psn as well.

MS created a beast that is well engineered plus their XBL is a great online service while sony underestimated what MS is capable of doing, and is now scrambling internally. Sony need to fix their hardware and their slow psn as well.

I agree on the hardware point, but I really don't get this psn slow speed garbage. I just downloaded FF7 Remake in 100 minutes., thats 800MB a minute.

Phil must have let out a LoL when Mark Sony started talking about Tflops and frequencies.

Our great man has access to all kind of info. He can smell BS even from his screen.

No wonder he is also confident about their MSRP falling in a great spot.

None of us knows how this is going to shake out yet. But if MS decides to match or beat Sony's price it's going to be an interesting gen, indeed.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not sure XBL is the ace up their sleeve that it used to be. It seems XBL is down as much if not more than PSN. In terms of features both are pretty much similar now.

Top Bottom