• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: “We want you to hear the games first, not our console.”

cormack12

Gold Member
lol, respect the hustle. It's come at a good time with TLOU II and GoT likely to push the PS4 noise issue front and centre 🤷‍♀️

Phil needs to learn xbox will never surpass playstation. He’s becoming more unlikeable.

It's just a bit of banter, not as vicious as what Sony did last gen with the disc swapping that we all loved as well. It's good to see a bit of fight and barbed humour sometimes

dorkimoe

Is that the exception? We always read about how quiet the X1X is etc. so I'm curious as to how quiet. I can't do another gen with PS4 Pro noise. Headphones help but it's fucking awful.
Yeah I think it is, I dont hear the system otherwise. When I get back into TLOU2 I will have to see if my ps4 fires up haha.

GHG

Microsoft should create an ad that goes "How to place your console in your livingroom".

And then proceed to throw out the minifridge full of booze and replace it with the series X?

I'm actually glad this is all happening because for so long I've heard bullshit about how you can't have a nice looking PC in your living room because... Reasons, and now both consoles are basically the size of your average HTPC case.

Good times.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean, maybe he’s just talking about noise as a console foe in general? It does feel like that whole cross-company peace thing didn’t last long, though, lol.

That’s okay. It was lame anyway. I expect these companies to take shots at each other and promote their own console to the best of their abilities.

ManaByte

Does this really need a thread ?

giphy.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I just beat TLOU2 with my Pro fan running so loud i literally couldnt hear the dialogue without turning it all the way up. even if i could hear the dialogue, the noise was basically a third person in the room screaming while im watching these intense scenes unfold.

at this point, its not something i would even joke about lol. its infuriating. sick burn though. of course, sony can reply back with 'what games?' and it would be an even sicker burn but i digress.

Roberts

I think I'm starting to like him more. At first I though he was a corporate beefcake with a scripted PR talk: "It's all about gamers.", but recently noticed that he is actually a pretty smart guy with a sense of humor. It's a pretty innocent dig and if anything you can always interpret it that July showcase is going to be about games and the console news will take a backseat.

ManaByte

It's hard to "hear the games" from the green team cause Xbox does not have any games making "noise"...

I just beat TLOU2 with my Pro fan running so loud i literally couldnt hear the dialogue without turning it all the way up. even if i could hear the dialogue, the noise was basically a third person in the room screaming while im watching these intense scenes unfold.

at this point, its not something i would even joke about lol. its infuriating. sick burn though. of course, sony can reply back with 'what games?' and it would be an even sicker burn but i digress.

Top Bottom