• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy/Dual Destinies on Sale on the eShop +3DS Themes!

Dremark

Banned
Someone at SonicStadium spotted something mighty intriguing:

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic...pic-ds-3ds-ios-news-in-op/page-49#entry950638

e9d2bd32d90027041f2d3ee79e13cedc.png

Notice something that's odd?

AA5 cart, on an English (NA?) 3DS. Possible retail release at long last that's better late than never?

If they do a retail release I'll be really happy I held out so long. That being said this sale isn't good enough for me to buy digital only.

JediLink

This is the worst first post ever.
Although I realise anyone claiming that anything is the "worst ___ ever" often doesn't literally mean that, I'll point out anyway that this is not, in fact, the worst first post ever.

On topic, I'd like to be interested in this but unfortunately I don't have an SD card at the moment. Although if ZE3 is going to be digital only I'd have to buy one anyway. I suppose I'll just wait until the announcement tomorrow and think more about it then.

Lusankya

Just bought all 4 themes, although the price was a little bit higher than expected (1.99€ per theme).

Hope they reveal the localization of DGS during the Anime Expo, looks like a great moment to me.

Joqu

Just bought all 4 themes, although the price was a little bit higher than expected (1.99€ per theme).

Hope they reveal the localization of DGS during the Anime Expo, looks like a great moment to me.

Anime Expo is going on already isn't it? Is there something scheduled for Capcom? I know they're present but I thought that was just Monster Hunter related.

Hugstable

Banned
How is AA5? I didn't get to play 4 so I've never picked it up cause I feel like I'd be missing alot storywise, but damn 16$ doesn't sound too bad.

Eila

AA Trilogy worth it on 3DS? It was just ugly on iOS. And I should finally play AA 5. I played the first case on iOS, and it was nice. Wonder if I should play it on iOS or 3DS.

Joqu

AA Trilogy worth it on 3DS? It was just ugly on iOS. And I should finally play AA 5. I played the first case on iOS, and it was nice. Wonder if I should play it on iOS or 3DS.

It looks much better on 3DS, added missing frames and fixed some typos and is way cheaper than the DS versions so sure, go for it. I still prefer the DS ones though, you can't beat those sprites IMO

Lusankya

Anime Expo is going on already isn't it? Is there something scheduled for Capcom? I know they're present but I thought that was just Monster Hunter related.

I dunno, just thought the moment is nice with the AA sales, themes released in the West and the Japanese release of DGS next week.

IrishNinja

great deal for great games, any of the physical-only crowd still holding out are really missing something great with dual destinies (still gotta play the DLC too)

Eila

It looks much better on 3DS, added missing frames and fixed some typos and is way cheaper than the DS versions so sure, go for it. I still prefer the DS ones though, you can't beat those sprites IMO

Yeah, I already played them on DS. Some of the best games of all time. I might check them out on 3DS, mostly to support more localizations.

Joqu

I dunno, just thought the moment is nice with the AA sales, themes released in the West and the Japanese release of DGS next week.

Fair enough, the timing would be nice yeah! Just asking because I don't know anything about that con

Amani

I...kinda want all of them, but I might try to limit myself to the DD and Pixel Art themes. Though having Objection 2001 on my start up screen is sounding purty good...

danwu

Banned
Got the triolgy and still haven't finished it !

I think it would've been better playing duel destiny's first.

zigg

Got the triolgy and still haven't finished it !

I think it would've been better playing duel destiny's first.
Not really. The trilogy is the original classic and you definitely want to play the games in release order.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I never use themes, but I bought all of them just to show my support. I already owned both 3DS games, so I didn't buy them again...but I hope I'll be able to buy Dai Gyakuten Saiban in English soon! Please Capcom...

Aru

I thought it was just NA only. I will buy both but I never played any game in the series. Do I need to play Apollo Justice before playing Dual Destinies? The cheapest price I've found for AJ is 20 CAD.

Joqu

I thought it was just NA only. I will buy both but I never played any game in the series. Do I need to play Apollo Justice before playing Dual Destinies? The cheapest price I've found for AJ is 20 CAD.

Getting it from videogamesplus.ca? That's where I got my copy, I do think that's your cheapest option.

You really should play Apollo Justice first yeah, but the Trilogy alone will be a lot of Ace Attorney goodness to play so try not to get burned out. There's also the Investigations games which are great too (2 has a quality fan translation) but they are by no means necessary so I'd worry about those after the trilogy as well.

Was hoping for a deeper, sub $20 discount for Trilogy.

Never played these games before. Debating if I should snatch Trilogy up now or wait for a better discount.

Sajjaja

Was hoping for a deeper, sub $20 discount for Trilogy.

Never played these games before. Debating if I should snatch Trilogy up now or wait for a better discount.
This was the same price as the last AA sale about 4 months ago so if you want it might as well get it. It is in fact 3 games so you're getting a ton of value at this price.

Aru

Getting it from videogamesplus.ca? That's where I got my copy, I do think that's your cheapest option.

You really should play Apollo Justice first yeah, but the Trilogy alone will be a lot of Ace Attorney goodness to play so try not to get burned out. There's also the Investigations games which are great too (2 has a quality fan translation) but they are by no means necessary so I'd worry about those after the trilogy as well.

Yeah, from VGP.
I'm not gonna play all those games one after the other, so I shouldn't get burned out. I think I'm gonna pass on AAI, too many games to play already.

Top Bottom