• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy/Dual Destinies on Sale on the eShop +3DS Themes!

Joqu

Yeah, from VGP.
I'm not gonna play all those games one after the other, so I shouldn't get burned out. I think I'm gonna pass on AAI, too many games to play already.

Oh I was just asking because you seem to be buying em all at once.

If you like the other games you shouldn't skip out on Investigations though! AAI2 is one of the best games in the series so it'd be a shame if you missed out on that. I suppose there's no need to rush things though, you can always decide on that some other time

Is Dual Destinies on sale in the UK or is it just NA?

Should be on sale in the UK too

llehuty

IT IS. Thanks for the heads up.

I checked this thread back when the sale was announced and I saw that it only said North American eShop in the OP. Getting the trilogy as we speak. Hyped to finally try this saga.

Joqu

I checked this thread back when the sale was announced and I saw that it only said North American eShop in the OP. Getting the trilogy as we speak. Hyped to finally try this saga.

Great! Should be on sale throughout all of Europe in case anyone is still uncertain

I hope you and anyone else who's going to be playing through the trilogy thanks to this sale will share your impressions somewhere! I always love reading those, it's a fantastic series

How much was it and how much is it now on sale in the UK Eshop?

Glad I checked the eShop today. Time is running out, folks!

I think I'll finally pick up AA5. How is it compared to the first 3? Also, do I need to finish Miles Edgeworth in order to pick up any references? I've played the four main games in the series and Layton vs. PW is on my backlog shelf.

Joqu

Glad I checked the eShop today. Time is running out, folks!

I think I'll finally pick up AA5. How is it compared to the first 3? Also, do I need to finish Miles Edgeworth in order to pick up any references? I've played the four main games in the series and Layton vs. PW is on my backlog shelf.

Better than 2 but not as good as 1 and 3 in my ranking. Expect more limited investigation and more handholding, but some really impressive production values. I feel like writing's more of a subjective thing (or I'm just bad at critiquing it) but I think it redeems a lot of AA4's faults so I like it for that. Definitely a very good game overall, just don't expect it to reach the same heights as the first 3 games.

The DLC case is very good and should definitely be played, but I don't know if they put that on sale too. Really enjoyed that one. I'd play it between case 2 and 3, that's what I did and it makes the most sense narratively, but after beating the game works too as it's fairly standalone.

The Investigations games do get referenced but it tends to be minor stuff, you do miss out on some very nice character development by skipping them however. You really should finish them because they're damn excellent though. Especially Investigations 2 is far superior compared to Dual Destinies IMO, I absolutely love that game, and that one does rely on Investigations 1.

Aru

Oh I was just asking because you seem to be buying em all at once.

If you like the other games you shouldn't skip out on Investigations though! AAI2 is one of the best games in the series so it'd be a shame if you missed out on that. I suppose there's no need to rush things though, you can always decide on that some other time

AAI2 wasn't released outside of Japan, was it? I have no means to play it in english on my 3DS then.

Sora_N

Didn't know the sale was still on, I'm so tempted to get the trilogy to play the games again but don't have the spare cash. I might just pay $30 whenever I really want to. Well worth $10/game anyways.

How long is the DD DLC? I might just buy that, it's not on sale though. Still $6 (Canada).

EDIT: Don't think the DLC will ever go on sale - I just bought it now instead + the costumes cuz why not. :)

Joqu

AAI2 wasn't released outside of Japan, was it? I have no means to play it in english on my 3DS then.

AAI2 has a fan translation and it's excellent, it feels just like an official release. No means to play it in English officially though.

I understand if you'd rather not want to deal with that stuff but I'd highly recommend it, it's one of the best in the series for sure

Joqu

Didn't know the sale was still on, I'm so tempted to get the trilogy to play the games again but don't have the spare cash. I might just pay $30 whenever I really want to. Well worth $10/game anyways.

How long is the DD DLC? I might just buy that, it's not on sale though. Still $6 (Canada).

Err, I don't have an proper estimate but it's a full case, definitely meaty. Shame it's not on sale though, I guess that answers that. But it's worth the price for sure.

Nice almost forgot about this, glad to have the trilogy in one place. Already have DD, both are worth picking up to anyone on the fence! Bless the fast text on Trilogy, such a nice improvement.

Top Bottom