• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick Up Select PS4 Bundles for $249 This Month in the US (from Feb 12 to Feb 25)

Keyouta

$200 w/o a game, and $250 as the bundle price going forward, put in place sometime this year, would be really awesome. I wonder what pressure that would put on Nintendo.

Guymelef

I don't think it would affect Switch much, it's for a complete different market and most likely many Switch owners will be already Ps4 owners who want a powerful handheld.

After early Switch adopters everything is going to be the same market.

Unknown?

$200 w/o a game, and $250 as the bundle price going forward, put in place sometime this year, would be really awesome. I wonder what pressure that would put on Nintendo.
Some but it would further pull away from Xbox at that point. Low price with an unrivaled exclusive lineup will do wonders this year.

I don't think this is about getting at the Switch either. Sony is just trying to meet their forecast and prepare for new bundles. PS4 and Switch are going after different things.

FaintDeftone

I really wish we could get a Pro bundle. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Pro and throwing in a game or at least a year of PS+ would make that decision much easier.

RexNovis

Banned
Yep figured this was coming. They have way too much HW in the channel at the moment. Need to do something to clear it. What they should do is introduce a more appealing bundle option but it looks like SIEA is too focused on profit margins per unit sold to do that.

GG-Duo

• Let's see if there's a promotion in Canada as well.
  • I'm disappointed that Glacier White comes with Call of Duty. I really don't care about that game.

daffy

Banned
Such a good deal. I don't have a PS4. If I had a portable TV I would get this over a Switch. Still planning on getting a 1TB Pro with RDR2

Anyone spotting retailers offering a deal beyond the $249.99 standard Slim bundles?

I have my fingers crossed on Amazon coming through with a lil something extra soon, as I have a GC there burning a hole in my pocket.

Mubrik

Yakuza0mrlibido.gif
lmao. tf is this?

Anyone spotting retailers offering a deal beyond the $249.99 standard Slim bundles?

I have my fingers crossed on Amazon coming through with a lil something extra soon, as I have a GC there burning a hole in my pocket.
Nah, Amazon just lowered the price. I don't think they will add anything beyond that but you never know.

sirronoh

Any sighting of Xbox price matching? They've been pretty good about countering the PS4 with either price drops, gift cards, or other bonuses for awhile now. Would be interesting to see if they feel it's necessary to respond to this or not.

Either way, good deal for anyone looking to jump in at $250. The math may not work but given the slight slow down of PS4 hardware sales in the U.S. lately, I wonder if it's possible for Sony to make the $250 price permanent after this temporary sale.

Unknown?

Any sighting of Xbox price matching? They've been pretty good about countering the PS4 with either price drops, gift cards, or other bonuses for awhile now. Would be interesting to see if they feel it's necessary to respond to this or not.

Either way, good deal for anyone looking to jump in at $250. The math may not work but given the slight slow down of PS4 hardware sales in the U.S. lately, I wonder if it's possible for Sony to make the $250 price permanent after this temporary sale.
They've been at $250 before this drop on Amazon for the Minecraft bundle. This is probably just a stock clearing tactic to open up for new bundles(Horizon/Mass Effect) or maybe a new strategy to drop around tax time to get more sells with that money.

Microsoft themselves? Not that I've seen.

But if someone is looking for a retailer to pick up the slack this week, Target is offering a $50 gift card with an Xbox One S purchase.

N.Domixis

Banned

They probably didn't expect sony to do this and were caught off gaurd. Sony rarely does this outside of holidays I think.

DieH@rd

Banned
$249 for a limited time only!*

*time not limited

So far only MS has done these kind of stealth permanent pricedrops. Sony always returned to old price after promotions were done. Their consoles sell like mad, they have no big reason to drive the price down quickly.

Don't forget Jet.com first 3 orders can be 15% off.

I haven't forgotten, but I'm still weighing my options and trying to be patient to see if one of these retailers sweetens the deal. In the end, I'll likely go with Jet!

I'm not insisting on a better price or retailer bundle however - I just don't want to move too quick and miss something slick I can't retroactively price match.

Muninn

Banned
Hmm I'm thinking after Horizon comes out. Maybe a couple of months later they'll announce a bundle to take the place of the UC4 PS4 bundle.

Yeah, it doesn't need to be now. U4 is still a huge game. COD still appeals to the kids and hardcore players that still enjoy COD.

Horizon can sell a PS4 just by itself. There is no need to currently bundle from a financial standpoint. Sony has no problem selling these bundles, why waste all that single game revenue?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Why for such a limited time yet again? Just do the perma-drop an be done with it already.

That said it may be time for me ta finally get one.

Perfectly placed between Nioh and Horizon.

Yup. Really good timing.
And with a great set of Japanese and niche games also around it thanks to this loaded time.

They should also definitely do a Horizon bundle at least eventually.

Why for such a limited time yet again? Just do the perma-drop an be done with it already.

I think they're saving an permanent drop so they can do a sizable drop in the fall on both the Slim and Pro.

They're mainly trying to clear stock they have because last holidays were a little lower in the US than they would've liked.

Lo-Volt

As much as I want a Pro bundle, I'm guessing that's not the mover. It's a synergy play for a specific niche of the PlayStation population (and the electronics division lol), and more people are going to be moved by the price for the standard edition at this stage of the generation. Maybe next holiday...

Top Bottom