• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

Mistake

Basically just for appearance.

Titanic was the largest and most powerful ship at the time and it could get away with only 3 funnels but they thought if it only had 3 it would make it look less impressive compared to ships like the Lusitania and Mauretania (who were owned by Cunard. White Star Lines rival). In the movie Rose (Kate Winslet) mentions how Titanic doesn't look any more impressive than the Mauretania. That was coming from her being a bit of a spoiled rich girl and not knowing anything about ships. Titanic was actually much bigger than the Mauretania (in red)

5495d5b2d364b1c013edf1322b06254e.jpg

The funnel at the back on the titanic is the dummy one. Titanics engine is actually located right between the 3rd and 4th funnel. When I said it was not functional that was a lie because it was used for ventilation of some areas on the ship like the baths, smoking rooms, etc. so steam/smoke did come out of it but not the kind of dark smoke you'd see from burning coal!
Sir, you're supposed to post memes, not become a meme
(We also have two titanic threads)
oeL69TA.png

7W8ODpe.jpg

Last edited:
That picture made me remember a small anecdote:

I was studying for my English Degree (now that I think about it, I never finished it). Anyway, I had a crazy classmate (a female, already teaching in some school). I had to look at the eraser she had twice because it was this:

ae4HK5p.jpg

Yes, it was. She was bitting it :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom