• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

As much as I love the BG games as well as Torment, I'm not sure how long I could suffer through the same dated Infinity Engine combat. That's pretty much the thing that turned me off with DA:Origins. If the world, characters and customization are all top notch, then the combat can be overlooked. Kind of sad though considering it's something you'll be doing with at least 75% of your time in the game.

The combat was the only good thing about Origins.

Perkel

Banned
... waiting .... waiting ... waiting.

Also as of this "Note to Self" You guys are just overreacting. Money is only thing important not feeling for publishers. Also i don't see EA or Acti calling OBS because they don't want to earn 40mln they want 400mln.

edit:

Josh Sawyer ‏@jesawyer
this dude owns http://youtu.be/EOKGLz7Wf5I #projecteternity

lol

youtube comment:

Awesome!
Feargus Urquhart 2 minutes ago

mission achieved

marrec

Banned
... waiting .... waiting ... waiting.

Also as of this "Note to Self" You guys are just overreacting. Money is only thing important not feeling for publishers. Also i don't see EA or Acti calling OBS because they don't want to earn 40mln they want 400mln.

edit:

lol

youtube comment:

Awesome!
Feargus Urquhart 2 minutes ago

mission achieved

Timedog's hair is weird in that video.

:lol

Perkel

Banned
Is it fashionably-late yet?

It's kinda like a game.

rafresh-refresh-F5-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-185.gif

Perkel

Banned
Someone should make a gif of ouroboros spinning from their video. Seems apt here.

Yes and if someone already doing that, add this waiting icon for mouse pointer in windows.
Some day i will learn how to create gifs.

edit:

comeone Obsiadian post that video. I won't sleep until you do it !

Almighty

Man I was hoping it would be up when i got back from getting some food. Seems Obsidian's idea of what Pacific Standard Time is different from the rest of us.

What does Obsidian and other developers do with the rest of money after they pass their goal?

So Feargus has been on the kickstarter comments section for hours now hangin out and answering questions by the bucketloads... here's a tidbit I thought somebody might find interesting:

The nerve on some people. Lol.

New $5,000 Tier

image-160976-full.jpg

Bam! We started with a $5,000 tier that allowed the backer to set up an inn and receive some additional items. Fortunately or unfortunately, that sold out almost immediately. We've come up with a new tier that is aimed toward (but not limited to!) the forum communities that have shown (and continue to show) us so much support. Some of the most fun we've had as players, DMs, and game designers has happened when we got to deal with a group of enemy adventurers -- mercenaries, thugs, whatever you want to call them -- squaring off against the party. This new tier allows you to build a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude to throw at the player. We've also switched around a few of the bonuses in this tier, giving out more digital downloads. We can't wait to see what you come up with.

Fuck!! Yes, No? Maybe?!

Top Bottom