• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Place Your Bets: Will the PS5 have 9 Teraflops or 13 Teraflops?

How many teraflops will the PS5 have?

• Total voters
I have no idea. I think Sonys silence on it for this long says a lot. I think the 9TF was true, and might still be. You can't just redesign something on a whim especially if the box itself was designed for a lower capacity. If bumping up a clock speed just a bit can cause overheating, imagine what adding 4TF of power will do.

Its hard to say. One thing is certain, the people who said it wasn't about power but games are big hypocrites.

Xyphie

On one hand you have a chip matching the 36 CU option with multiple real sources collaborating it (Github leak, 3dmark, UserBenchmark of the top of my head) and on the other forum "insiders", so I'll go with the ~9 TF option. Clearly Gonzalo/Flute/Oberon/Ariel is a real chip that exists and there aren't really many other players in the market besides Sony for a semi-custom chip. Given the huge lead times in building and validating a chip I don't really see anything else happening unless the PS5 literally uses the exact same silicon as the XSX.

Last edited:
DA54QBm.gif

Top Bottom