• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 |OT| It's About Time

JRW

Just completed the 2nd world, it's a shame PvZ 2 doesnt have night levels or fog like the first game, and where are all the fun mini games?

I also hate the fact I have to back track to unlock worlds, I completed the final day in Pirate Seas but I need 20 stars to progress and I only have 5.. Good grief.

Luigison

Wow... I didn't even know it was out yet. Any hints as to when/if we'll get a Steam version. I'm guessing it'll be Origin first/only which is disappointing. I'm also disappointed in the so called free-to-play mechanic, or as I call it, pay-to-win.

Related? I'm considering getting a Kindle Fire next year. If this comes out on Origin and/or Google Play is there a way to add it to a Kindle Fire? (Or is there a way to play iOS or Google Play games on Fire or PC?) I'm so tired of this fragmented market. Speaking of which, what about Wii U...?

Anyway, the game looks very cool. I'm just ignorant of the smart phone and portable market outside of DS/DSi/3DS and Vita.

krae_man

Man I still need 9 keys to unlock the final two paths in the first world. Do I understand this right that I basically have to keep grinding the endless pyramid and ZombYeti stages hoping for random key drops unless I cave and Pay or can I still earn keys for the first stage later on in the game just playing normally?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Any word on when this will be on PC or consoles?
Nothing yet. I expected something by now, but maybe they're focus is on Peggle 2 and Garden Warfare at the moment. They probably will rework the pay structure based on how well the mobile F2P does which would add to the delay.

This update kind of gives me the impression that purchases have dropped off more rapidly than they hoped or anticipated. At least I hope that's the case. I also noticed that it prompted for a big customer feedback survey about my feelings on the changes and some of the actual IAP stuff in general. I basically let them have it. I really hate that this game got put through this and there wasn't just a standard pay upfront, grindless version of the game.

rcl66

Yeah I really don't get what they are doing with such a drastic and mandatory update. I had unlocked all worlds and almost every gate and now feel like it wasn't worth the effort. All the progress I had made and now I don't understand how the levels are laid out or what color circles mean what. And I got free costumes for my previous effort but no idea how to use them.

I didn't mind the iap before because it was so unnecessary. I would have spent $20 on a PVZ sequel and instead I only spent $3 because I wanted to give them some money and get the squash plant sooner. They lost a lot of money from me with the original pricing model.

ColonelT

Interesting that sun is now worth 50 instead of 25. In addition to speeding up the pace, it's made some of the levels much, much easier. I can't tell if they've increased the number/speed of enemies to compensate.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah the update reminded me I still have this on my phone. Might as well give it a look sometime soon.

To be honest I'm pretty surprised PVZ2 hasn't expanded outside mobile by this point. Never say never but maybe it won't happen till the next iteration. Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 are gonna be getting ports before if or when that happens.

If nothing else, Far Future, its new plants and zombies, and its over world map are some of the prettiest things on my iPad Mini Retina. Just phenomenal art design.

Loofy

Ok can anyone beat the giant zombie boss in medieval times without the spells? Im pretty sure its impossible.

Top Bottom