• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames teasing something Bayonetta related for tomorrow?

Squishy3

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/official_blog/?p=7278

Blog post about their Christmas party. Not in English yet (or possibly never) BUT WHO CARES IT'S P-MAN

aZAJYcK.jpg

Have you played the game? I have, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, I played to completition, some chapters has very subpar performance. Like the chapter XII, the one you are in the airship. Felt like it was constant sub 30fps.

Later chapters. Chapter XII was the more evident.

Weird, I'm reading the Digital Foundry comparison right now and it doesn't mention that at all. Strange, you'd think they'd pick up on it if it's that obvious.

It dosn't happen in earlier chapters, is totally fine and then you get at some points is just totally shit for no apparent reason.

BTW I'm not alone in that sentiment, other people in the OT feel the same way.

It dosn't happen in earlier chapters, is totally fine and then you get at some points is just totally shit for no apparent reason.

But your assertion is Digital Foundry chose to ignore this or was somehow incapable of seeing this, no?

But your assertion is Digital Foundry chose to ignore this or was somehow incapable of seeing this, no?

I'm saying they probably tested the first chapters.

The same happened in FF XIII, when they didn't tested the last chapters of the game and failed to realize framerate in 360 version was considerably worse.

Not blaming them, after the few first chapters I wasn't expecting the game to performance that bad in certain moments. I was certain I had the ultimate version of the game.

I'm saying they probably tested the first chapters.

The same happened in FF XIII, when they didn't tested the last chapters of the game and failed to realize framerate in 360 version was considerably worse.

Not blaming them, after the few first chapters I wasn't expecting the game to performance that bad in certain moments. I was certain I had the ultimate version of the game.
Well, should be easy enough to ask them. Could probably PM dark10x about it.

SuomiDude

Yes, I played to completition, some chapters has very subpar performance. Like the chapter XII, the one you are in the airship. Felt like it was constant sub 30fps.

I only noticed slowdown in some cutscenes, and I think that was on purpose to make it more cinematic. Otherwise didn't notice any drops.

Veal

This is all true. It gets bad enough that your controls are affected. Doesn't mean I don't love the game though.

fart town usa

Gold Member
the cars in bayonetta remind me of being 4 years old and sitting in rides at chuck-e-cheese.

I thought maybe it was only the first game.

That or recycled assets from crazy taxi

why are the cars so big???

The Wii U version of Bayonetta absolutely runs worse than the 360 version. When I first played the game on the 360, I cheesed the Rodin fight with the Climax Brace. I told myself I'd beat him legitimately when the Wii U version rolled around, but the slowdown in that version made me want to tear my hair out. Popped the 360 version back in and surprise, it doesn't run nearly as poorly. The last fight with Jeanne is another good, obvious spot where slowdown is awful. Or the part where you have to take out angels with the street lamp. And, as already mentioned, all of Chapter XIII. Wouldn't surprise me if the Ithavoll building is worse too, but I haven't done a direct comparison. It's a damn shame.

Regiruler

The Wii U version of Bayonetta absolutely runs worse than the 360 version. When I first played the game on the 360, I cheesed the Rodin fight with the Climax Brace. I told myself I'd beat him legitimately when the Wii U version rolled around, but the slowdown in that version made me want to tear my hair out. Popped the 360 version back in and surprise, it doesn't run nearly as poorly. The last fight with Jeanne is another good, obvious spot where slowdown is awful. Or the part where you have to take out angels with the street lamp. And, as already mentioned, all of Chapter XIII. Wouldn't surprise me if the Ithavoll building is worse too, but I haven't done a direct comparison. It's a damn shame.
I don't remember Ithavol being that bad. Also, I'm not sure if it was present in the 360 version, but I'm fairly certain the gaze of despair worsens slowdown.

Top Bottom