• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play-Asia PS5 listed at 699,99 $ (with blue ray), DualSense controller 79,99$

PlayStation-5-Play-Asia-Reveal.jpg

Play-Asia hasn't confirmed what cables will come with the base console or even what the rear ports will look like. Expect a high-speed HDMI cable, USB Type-C, and power cable. An included microphone might be entirely optional given the array microphone that Sony is including inside the DualSense controller.
The PS5 price has been removed, link

The controller link

Looks like the games are still 60$

I don't know about you guys but ... ain't buying 699,99 $ console.
(NUKE if old) It's been a while since I visited Gaf

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
PlayStation-5-Play-Asia-Reveal.jpg

Play-Asia hasn't confirmed what cables will come with the base console or even what the rear ports will look like. Expect a high-speed HDMI cable, USB Type-C, and power cable. An included microphone might be entirely optional given the array microphone that Sony is including inside the DualSense controller.
The PS5 price has been removed, link

The controller link

Looks like the games are still 60$

I don't know about you guys but ... ain't buying 699,99 $ console.
(NUKE if old) It's been a while since I visited Gaf
Placeholder, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I won't be buying any of the consoles at launch. I did learn my lesson with the PS3 and X360, both of them died in the first 2 years with the thermal paste going to shit and the console overheating before I learnt what the cause behind it was.

After that I always give at least a 6 month period before buying them. I still have my launch ps4 intact, and even one the launch controllers too. I sold my Xbox One after the exclusives started being brought up to the PC.

I will buy a PS5 and upgrade my PC for this gen since Gamepass is a godsend for me to get rid of one more box in my room.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
definitely a place holder. i expect the console to be expensive but not that high.

$500 i reckon it'll be for the all digital and maybe $600 for those who are still holding on to physical media.
I won't be buying any of the consoles at launch. I did learn my lesson with the PS3 and X360, both of them died in the first 2 years with the thermal paste going to shit and the console overheating before I learnt what the cause behind it was.

After that I always give at least a 6 month period before buying them. I still have my launch ps4 intact, and even one the launch controllers too. I sold my Xbox One after the exclusives started being brought up to the PC.

I will buy a PS5 and upgrade my PC for this gen since Gamepass is a godsend for me to get rid of one more box in my room.
to be fair both the PS3/360 had major design flaws. the PS4 has been fine for me since launch.

i might go the PS5/PC route too. makes more sense i think. i'll make my mind up when i see the prices of the new Nvidia cards.

Last edited:
definitely a place holder. i expect the console to be expensive but not that high.

$500 i reckon it'll be for the all digital and maybe $600 for those who are still holding on to physical media.

to be fair both the PS3/360 had major design flaws. the PS4 has been fine for me since launch.

i might go the PS5/PC route too. makes more sense i think. i'll make my mind up when i see the prices of the new Nvidia cards.
I like the PS5/PC combo because even though I spend with upgrading the PC, I save money in the long run with games.

chigstoke

No way it'd be $699. That'd be just about the dumbest thing Sony could do.

£/$499.99 max, at least for the base config.

Still expect £/$499.99 for Xbox as well, possibly £/$449.99 if they try and undercut, but currently doubt it. Let's not get our knickers in a twist until the price is actually revealed.

TLZ

Banned
100% placeholder. Price taken off anyway.

Btw I also see 2tb versions on there.

I didn't see a price... anywhere

Did see this though:

PS5
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ RDNA 2-based graphics engine

Xsex
  • Custom AMD Radeon RNDA Navi

So yeah - just place holders until real data is there...
Oh man so the XSX was just customized RDNA 1 all along.

Pandor

Banned
Maybe $699 with drive and $599 without drive?

I didn't see a price... anywhere

Did see this though:

PS5
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ RDNA 2-based graphics engine

Xsex
  • Custom AMD Radeon RNDA Navi

So yeah - just place holders until real data is there...

where did you find that?

Last edited:

Ogbert

I really wouldn't be surprised if it's that high.

We're going to be entering a global depression chaps. Both MS and Sony will be massively reducing their expected sales. Remember, we're enthusiasts - but it's the FIFA / COD crowd that really drive sales. They will be more than happy to wait until 21/22 to pick up the next model. For the time being, they might just keep the price high and then reduce it when the economy picks up again.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Thats probably the VRS edition. Exclusively designed for PS5. It will make the SSD speed feel like a relaxed walk in the park. Difference is staggering.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
It would be PS3 launch all over again if it was $700, they would suicide the first year at that price point.

FranXico

It's obviously a placeholder. Manufacturers did not even tell retailers yet what the RPP is.

Last edited:
499$ confirmed,and here's why.Back in the days,i buyed my vanilla PS4 from them,in launch period.Was not available in my country at release date(comes 4 months later),and I cannot find it in any store in Europe.Preordered from them at 600$.Basicly 200$+ over retail price.If they doing this again...here we go!!!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
These types of concern threads are always so silly based on placeholder, retailers are not going to know the concrete price until Sony or MS reveals them.

We see this all the time with other electronics especially televisions after CES. A placeholder will go up long before the MSRP gets listed.

hunthunt

Banned
I think they can ask 699$ and still sell like crazy this holidays, this is not 2006 anymore, rrss and media has made the hype for the Ps5 go to the clouds, also the xbox is releasing at the same time, no one wants the cheapest console with the worse games and the less hype, if people will want a console they want the best and premium, the one which has Spiderman, Gran Turismo and Naughty Dog, thr succesor from the best of the last gen.

gundalf

Yeah, placeholder price but I don't know, I feel like Sony would actually be comfortable selling the PS5 for a inflated price since the PS4 is still selling which gives time for a cheaper PS5 revision. The problem for Sony is Microsoft, because if they sell 100$ cheaper, then Sony has to act.

splattered

They weren't the only store to list this thing out at $699 and people didn't pull this number out of thin air for no reason...

With all the fancy tech inside this thing and the dualsense controller you can expect it to be very expensive.

$600 at least if they are willing to take a big hit.

I think Sony (Jim?) also already said don't expect it to be cheap because of what we're getting?

That being said, does $700 even matter to anyone that will be playing on this thing for the next 5-10 years?

Majukun

usually those pre orders without a real price announced just shot way up so that at worse they can tell you they are gonna charge less than what you were already willing to pay, while it could become problematic the other way around.

basically i don't think they know the real price more than anyone else

Joey.

I think its a placeholder but it could be very possible at the same time.
Sucks for all us outside USA, I'm Canadian so I expect atleast $100 on top of the USD price but these consoles are beasts and not cheap.

$699 USD - PS5 full version
$599 USD - PS5 digital version

but I'm really hoping for:

$599 USD -PS5 full version
$499 USD - PS5 digital version

I can't see them coming in much cheaper than that. I'll be super pleasantly surprised if so.
With that said, I'm Day 1 buying at any price. I'm a sucker and need this PS5 in my life.

Last edited:

splattered

You think they are trying to fake out Microsoft with a high price tag to get MS to set the price of XsX higher so Sony can undercut them?

Zoro7

Banned
$700 would be ridiculous. Especially if the Xbox is priced at 500.
Ill buy regardless but not everyone is in the same position. Sony must know this.

longdi

Banned
Starting at $599 is a near doa.

Then again, for pc parts, a pcie4 1tb ssd is already $200, a 8 cores zen2 around $250, 16GB is about $100, and the level of customisation in dualsense.

Imo Sony decided to go balls deep for the transition from PS4 to PS5, from an affordable fun box to a premium gaming experience. Because of PS4 success of course.

Top Bottom