• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Nintendo: E3 2014 Nintendo's events full schedule

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We've had the threads about the Smash Bros. tournament, the Live Threehouse streaming, but I think it'd be better to have a clear look at the whole situation in an unique thread

9yW5Bf0l.jpg

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

Nintendo goes “Live @ E3” next week with four big events that deliver real-time fun directly to fans. Get ready to enjoy the year’s biggest video game convention live from anywhere in the world.

On June 10, Nintendo will air the Nintendo Digital Event at 9 a.m. PT via http://e3.nintendo.com. Fans will enjoy breaking news about great gaming experiences on the way for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014 and beyond.

Immediately following the Digital Event, Nintendo Minute: Live @ E3 offers a post-show recap packed with even more game information.

Later in the day on June 10, Nintendo will broadcast the Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament. Super Smash Bros. fans can tune in to watch 16 highly skilled players compete in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The event starts at 4 p.m. PT with live-stream viewing on Nintendo’s Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo.

Finally, fans won’t want to miss Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3. During all hours of E3 on Nintendo’s Twitch channel (excluding the Super Smash Bros. Invitational event), members of Nintendo’s Treehouse will be live-streaming exclusive game demos from the Nintendo booth on the show floor. In addition to demos, Nintendo will deliver the latest game reveals, plus visits from developers like Shigeru Miyamoto. The unscripted three-day event will air June 10-12, providing an insider’s look at the Nintendo experience at E3, filled with surprises and unexpected moments.

More detailed infos about the Nintendo Threehouse: Live @ E3 streaming

Treehouse Live will broadcast:
Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

If anyone wants to contribute with some more infos, especially if in a screen form, don't give me a death stare like Luigi and feel free to post them, and I'll update the OP.

Riki

Both the Nintendo Minute and the TreeHouse streams should be pretty awesome. We'll be getting a lot of information on every game they show at E3.

georly

This sounds fantastic. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to MS/Sony, but it seems like nintendo is offering more frequent content throughout E3 than anyone else. I just hope the treehouse stuff is worth watching and doesn't make me facepalm over and over.

Best of luck, nintendo and team! I look forward to it.

Seik

Banned
Oh so they are not the 9th with Sony and MS, but the 10th.

I'm glad I took two vacation days for E3 then. Woo-hoo!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Rösti;114618805 said:
The Nintendo Direct at E3 2013 was around 41 minutes. I assume the Digital Event is around an hour.

Twitch schedule (even after the revision) shows the 09:00 - 10:00 spot for the Digital Event. This certainly means it'll be longer than 30 minutes (otherwise, it'd have been 9:00 - 9:30), but it's not sure yet it'll be one hour. It could be shorter than 1 hour, and the spot is just to be sure about it. The same happened last year, when, right after the E3 Nintendo site opened, the 09:00 - 10:00 spot was showed.

NotLiquid

I quite appreciate the measures Nintendo are taking in order to turn E3 into something of an event of their own that goes beyond a press conference.

I'd like to see more publishers do this. It's an interesting alternative to the status quo that is equally as engaging, and in a way more interesting.

phanphare

Banned
looks a hell of a lot better than what IGN would have you believe

capturefff-png.151497

lol, they're so butthurt about losing clicks to Nintendo

Rösti;114618805 said:
The Nintendo Direct at E3 2013 was around 41 minutes. I assume the Digital Event is around an hour.

I didn't remember that last year it was still called a Nintendo Direct and this was the first year that they're referring to it as a Digital Event. Hopefully that's a good sign.

cHinzo

Hype is rising! Looks like they're putting a lot more effort into showcasing those games to the public than last year.

I'm hoping it's an hour long, 41 minutes is a lot of time but it being less than an hour always dampens my hype. Also that SS pic makes me want to play it again, I love that game.

Chaos17

Unfair :(
Nintendo Developer Discussion #1 (Press only)

June 10th at 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PT

This event is a Super Smash Bros. presentation followed by a Q&A with director Masahiro Sakurai. It appears Nintendo do not plan to stream this event. Siliconera will be at the event, though, and will report news from it.

Nintendo Developer Discussion #2 (Press only)

June 11th at 6:00 – 7:30 PM PT

A presentation and Q&A session for a “new game for Nintendo 3DS”. No streaming announced for this event either. Siliconera will be at this event, too.

Source : http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/nintendo-reveal-full-plans-timings-e3/

So we still don't fully know the true nature of a Digital Event. I'm fine with that. Hopefully it's not just a rename from the usual 'direct' in order to garner excitement.

Tomohawk

Crap I have work during the main presentation. Does anyone know where they'll put the archives. I want to go in blind.

So the Treehouse stream will "deliver the latest game reveals". I wonder if this means they are revealing games or revealing new information about games.

So the Treehouse stream will "deliver the latest game reveals". I wonder if this means they are revealing games or revealing new information about games.

Depends how how what the "unannounced Twitch games" end up being (like, revealed post Digital Event or AT the Digital Event)

wsippel

Banned
I think it's possible that some games won't be revealed at the main event, but at the Treehouse stream. Especially some smaller, downloadable games.

ASTROID2

Unscripted demos hopefully won't end up looking like this

1276627394sword.jpg

I think this was the only time the press were nice to Nintendo. I remember websites posting later that the controls worked great. You would think the would blast on how crappy motion controls are but they didn't.

I think it's possible that some games won't be revealed at the main event, but at the Treehouse stream. Especially some smaller, downloadable games.

Yeah, I didn't even think of downloadable titles. Treehouse will probably reveal indies and stuff like Pushmo World. But for sure big things like Zelda U and the NFP game will be in the Event.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That dev discussion for the unannounced 3DS game pretty much has to be the huge NFC game, right?

That dev discussion for the unannounced 3DS game pretty much has to be the huge NFC game, right?

The only NFP game this year is for Wii U. They may also have games that allow NFP figures like Smash. 3DS won't be getting the NFC adapter until next year, along with games. If they are spending 1.5 hours on a game, it is likely coming this year.

Soroc

But NFC is in the Wii U. There is no NFC in 3DS as far as I'm aware. There will need to be an accessory. If they show any NFC game I would imagine they would want to show it on Wii U first.

Top Bottom