• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Nintendo: E3 2014 Nintendo's events full schedule

Dr. Buni

I'm hoping it's an hour long, 41 minutes is a lot of time but it being less than an hour always dampens my hype. Also that SS pic makes me want to play it again, I love that game.
Best zelda game.
Oh man, Zelda U isn't even announced yet and SS is already getting some love. That is so fucking great (I love that game too).

Anyway, I am really excited for Nintendo's events in E3 2014. Hopefully there will be good news for Smash fans.

I think this was the only time the press were nice to Nintendo. I remember websites posting later that the controls worked great. You would think the would blast on how crappy motion controls are but they didn't.
Well they do seem to keep bringing it up in retrospective E3 articles about how big of a blunder for Nintendo it was when all things considered, it really wasn't. Especially that recent GT Top 10 that placed it first for the most embarrassing E3 incident, so I guess some people are still bitter about the motion controls or something.

Waking up early for the Digital Event, but have a sinking feeling I'm going to be at work still when the SSB4 tournament starts. Sucks!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only NFP game this year is for Wii U. They may also have games that allow NFP figures like Smash. 3DS won't be getting the NFC adapter until next year, along with games. If they are spending 1.5 hours on a game, it is likely coming this year.

But NFC is in the Wii U. There is no NFC in 3DS as far as I'm aware. There will need to be an accessory. If they show any NFC game I would imagine they would want to show it on Wii U first.

Ah--thought the 3DS adapter was hitting this year.

That dev discussion for the unannounced 3DS game pretty much has to be the huge NFC game, right?

That's unlikely in my opinion. 3DS NFC isn't due until the first half of next year; to me it would make more sense to focus on the Wii U game(s) if they were going to talk about them, since they are supposed to be coming in 2014.

EDIT: Beaten like a rapper in an elevator.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
fapgdkmv.gif

REALLY glad to see some Skyward Sword love here. My favourite game of last generation

The unannounced 3DS thing has to be the NFC stuff. They need all that time to show off the game, the figures, how it all works and how they're going about release etc. Gotta be it I'm sure.

They wouldn't spend that much time saying "Here is a new 2D Metroid, its awesome."

BY2K

Membero Americo
Worldwide*

Man, X still on track for 2014 in NA and EU would be killer after all the delays for PS4 and Xbox One.

That is weird. Don't they usually make two separate videos? It isn't streamed live, so it isn't like they don't have the time.

My guess is the Digital Event is handled primarily by Nintendo of America. Which, to me, means we'll probably have some showmanship like in the Tomodachi and Mario Kart 8 Directs.

Smellycat

"Deliver latest game reveals" Is this saying that there will new game announcements at the Nintendo Treehouse stream?

Smellycat

Oh man, Zelda U isn't even announced yet and SS is already getting some love. That is so fucking great (I love that game too).

Anyway, I am really excited for Nintendo's events in E3 2014. Hopefully there will be good news for Smash fans.

The desert area is one of the most varied areas in any Zelda game. Fantastic level design.

Soraya Saga retweeted the Japanese E3 announcement.

She's only done that for the January 2013 Direct, the E3 2013 Direct, and the February 2014 Direct, all of which had footage for X.
Some story details would be great, for starters. Anyway, HYPE GET! It's one of my most anticipated 2014 titles!

I think that unannounced 3DS event will be about a new IP, possibly Miyamoto's? IIRC, he was going to grab a small team and work on something new. It'd be nice to see a new Nintendo IP, helmed by him.

Dr. Buni

The desert area is one of the most varied areas in any Zelda game. Fantastic level design.
Yup. Ancient Cistern deserves a mention to, for being the only water-themed dungeon to not suck in the series.
I think that unannounced 3DS event will be about a new IP, possibly Miyamoto's?
That would be disappointing (to me, at least). I don't like the direction Miyamoto is taking his games lately. So I hope it is something else. His IP could be a Wii U game instead.

Yup. Ancient Cistern deserves a mention to, for being the only water-themed dungeon to not suck in the series.

That would be disappointing (to me, at least). I don't like the direction Miyamoto is taking his games lately. So I hope it is something else. His IP could be a Wii U game instead.
Why's that? The only recent mess of a game that comes to mind is Paper Mario: Sticker Star, by making every damn character boring (and no new characters, let's remember that), changing fundamental game mechanics, and making it easy (but, to be honest, this is problem of the faulty mechanics he implemented to begin with). I don't see how any of this could be a problem, if he's working on a completely new IP.

She also retweeted the Smash Direct, though it was because she was excited for the game and not related to X.
Maybe she knows Shulk is in, and she thought he was finally getting announced? :p

Dr. Buni

Why's that? The only recent mess of a game that comes to mind is Paper Mario: Sticker Star, by making every damn character boring (and no new characters, let's remember that), changing fundamental game mechanics, and making it easy (but, to be honest, this is problem of the faulty mechanics he implemented to begin with). I don't see how any of this could be a problem, if he's working on a completely new IP.

Maybe she knows Shulk is in, and she thought he was finally getting announced? :p
Sticker Star was exactly what I had in mind. haha. He screwed the game completely, by removing most of the stuff that made the past Paper Mario games charming.

I am not saying he is a bad developer or anything like that, I just don't have faith in his works. I can't be excited by a Miyamoto IP. I would love to eat my words and be surprised, though.

The direction isn't bad, it is bad for the games it has been used on. Paper Mario needs a decent story, so the direction on Sticker Star was bad. If a new IP is made that focuses on gameplay, then it could work.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, IGN's twitter is suggesting a special guest for their Digital Event post show. Only problem is, I can't see any event with that name scheduled.

vgamer1

But NFC is in the Wii U. There is no NFC in 3DS as far as I'm aware. There will need to be an accessory. If they show any NFC game I would imagine they would want to show it on Wii U first.

Wasn't there some sort of patent for a NFC 3ds thing? Accessory or something?

They showed a concept photo for a 3ds nfc peripheral. It was a tiny disc thing. I believe it was slated for significantly after the timeframe given for the wiiu nfc stuff.

So, IGN's twitter is suggesting a special guest for their Digital Event post show. Only problem is, I can't see any event with that name scheduled.

For Nintendo's post show? There is supposed to be a live Nintendo Minute right after the Event, which will recap the Event and give additional details. This could be what IGN is talking about.

Lumyst

What? By being a normal functioning wii. The console could output in widescreen. Only having SD resolutions doesn't prohibit widescreen.

It was the kind of widescreen where you get a squished image rendered in 4:3 and it is stretched by the TV to be normal looking 16:9 though :p (Clever trick, some games used that even on the 360 and PS3 if I'm not mistaken.)

So does that mean there will be new games announcements in that Treehouse Livestream? Unexpected moments and surprises? Sounds fantastic

Riki

This is how Nintendo has done it for well over a decade. The Roundtables are press only but we'll get live blogging and pictures.
Soraya Saga retweeted the Japanese E3 announcement.

She's only done that for the January 2013 Direct, the E3 2013 Direct, and the February 2014 Direct, all of which had footage for X.
Not a surprise but still excited. It's the one title I want most from E3.

So does that mean there will be new games announcements in that Treehouse Livestream? Unexpected moments and surprises? Sounds fantastic
Wouldn't be the first time Nintendo announced stuff at E3 outside of the conference. In fact, it happens most years.

Top Bottom