• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

I guess the rewards for Ultra SFIV is hard as nails to get?
Same with Orcs Must Die 2?

It depends how good you are at Street Fighter, but they are actually all pretty easy.

The hardest will be winning a team battle with four players (simply for organisation). Otherwise just beat arcade with all the new characters, use both ultras in an online match and win one ranked game with somebody new (might be hard, but just use Hugo and mash for the best)

Lomax

Only took about 45 minutes to get both of the endings needed for the achievements in Bionic Heart. There's a guide in the community hub that will tell you what to do. You can do one of them within about 5 minutes and the other probably in 15-20 minutes if you just click through the dialogue.

Vuze

The two Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons achievements are super easy, can be done within 15mins (if you already have chapter select enabled - otherwise it may take longer due to the prologue, can't remember how long that was).

For the Wishing Well one just get the ball from the girl at the beginning of chapter one and throw it down the well to the right of the level entry.

For the Bunny one just pick up the white bunny a bit farther in the chapter (after the dog) and put it into the burnt-out firesite so it also gets black.

Benedict

What was the other Playfire tracking-service called?
I have Steamlessness but that seems to lag a day or two as well as missing some rewards announced on the playfire blog.

Lomax

What was the other Playfire tracking-service called?
I have Steamlessness but that seems to lag a day or two as well as missing some rewards announced on the playfire blog.

If you click the "All" tab on the playfire page, there's now a nice list of every reward and if you've already received it. It won't tell you which ones you're eligible for though, but it is comprehensive.

Benedict

If you click the "All" tab on the playfire page, there's now a nice list of every reward and if you've already received it. It won't tell you which ones you're eligible for though, but it is comprehensive.
YesIi know, but that is useless for me.

I found the other service, madjoki. Seems to be much more stable than steamlessness.
Just google Madjoki and Playfire and you'll find it.

I think it's a holiday over there.
Indeed it is.
Is it dumb that I'll wait till the next batch of rewards till I start playing Super Time Force? You can be frank.
Not really. I only start playing games once they go on Playfire. It's made my Steam backlog even longer as I haven't even tried to play anything from the Summer Seal.
This thread is on life support, a shadow of what it once was.
I'm aiming to get enough credit to pay for Beyond Earth. I'll probably stop once that's done.

AkuMifune

Banned
Steamlessness wasn't listing those Borderlands 2 ones for me. Damn.

Gonna cash in for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments I think.

Benedict

Indeed it is.

Not really. I only start playing games once they go on Playfire. It's made my Steam backlog even longer as I haven't even tried to play anything from the Summer Seal.

I'm aiming to get enough credit to pay for Beyond Earth. I'll probably stop once that's done.

I reached that goal three days ago:

Items bought

Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ - PC £29.99
Credit used: -£29.99
Total £0.00

Will still do rewards but not as much as I did the last few weeks before reaching my goal. It's a great way to actually get to play your games.
'
Edit: Also feels great only "paying" £29.99 instead of €49.99 which Beyond Earth costs when you preorder it directly on Steam.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Will still do rewards but not as much as I did the last few weeks before reaching my goal. It's a great way to actually get to play your games.
'
Edit: Also feels great only "paying" £29.99 instead of €49.99 which Beyond Earth costs when you preorder it directly on Steam.

Wait, how is Civ BE only 29,99 GBP? That's still just 38€ instead of the 50 I'd have to pay on GMG

Lomax

There was a bit of a bump for their top 50 sale but not much really. Pretty sad that they provided better rewards for the steam sale than they did for their own. Was nice seeing a .50 reward on my profile again though for the first time in a long while (Borderlands 2 World Traveler).

This thread is on life support, a shadow of what it once was.

A huge amount of my interest in the rewards was killed when they stopped letting you combine credit with vouchers. It's doubly annoying because some of my credit was from referrals and pre-purchase deals, which should be as good as cash IMO. If they didn't want you combining rewards they should've put it in a different pool or something.

Vuze

The Sanctum 2 achievements are pretty easy.

Gibbs, gibbs everywhere - did this on the third map. Grab the mines you see on the floor at the beginning of the level and take one with you to the portal, then start the wave. Tons of minions will show up, put it on the floor and tada. Took me two tries.

One shot, one kill - did this on the second map. Select the sniper class and focus on the minions. One-shot-kill four with one magazine. Easy.

I totally forgot to do the Lego ones.
SLx19c3.gif

Some high value rewards for Train Sim 2015 today but I think they might require the associated DLC to get them. Can anyone who knows about the game confirm that?

Danielsan

I still have £2.00 in my Playfire account that I'd like to spend on The Evil Within. Sadly it doesn't appear to update to my GMG account. I tried purchasing a small/free item, but no luck either. Anyone have any experience with resolving this issue?

I still have £2.00 in my Playfire account that I'd like to spend on The Evil Within. Sadly it doesn't appear to update to my GMG account. I tried purchasing a small/free item, but no luck either. Anyone have any experience with resolving this issue?

Try logging out and back into GMG a few times. That sometimes helps. Otherwise you have no option but to wait.

Lomax

The transfers are generally happening pretty quickly these days, if it's been quite some time since you earned the credit (like over a week), you probably need to put in a ticket.

dex3108

Just to inform you there are Canyon Caper, Gun Monkeys and Sanctum achievements worth 1$. You need to go to Rewards page to see them.

Lomax

Anyone know how quickly the achievement for My Lands takes to get? Hiring 3 heroes sounds like it wouldn't take too long.

According to the forum posts, it's literally impossible to get in the time Playfire has allotted. Might just be there to try to catch cheaters.

Just to inform you there are Canyon Caper, Gun Monkeys and Sanctum achievements worth 1$. You need to go to Rewards page to see them.

The Canyon Capers achievements are pretty easy (though the game itself is pretty awful
well the Rio DLC is pretty creative and fun for a little while but the main game sucks
). You should be able to get all of them except Afroboy by playing through the first world which should take under an hour. To get "Girl's Best Friend" just choose Dotty once she is unlocked and once you get down to the last few gems in a level her ability will kick in.

The Sanctum .25 festivus achievement is pretty easy as well, just "buy" the free Christmas dlc from the store and play the Christmas map, then pick up presents as they drop randomly. Probably take 15-20 minutes at most and you may be able to get some of the other achievements as well at the same time.

As for Gun Monkeys, well, fuck Gun Monkeys. But probably easy to get if you have someone to farm them with.

The Finding Teddy achievement doesn't take terribly long with a walkthrough and the Mechanic Escape achievements aren't bad either (both games have been bundled heavily). I've actually done more achievement rewards in the last two days than I had in the last month, it's a bit like old times.

Deques

How do I unlock "I Said STOP!" in Sanctum? I upgraded my Freeze gun to max level, yet it doesn't unlock the achievement

Andreakoss

Neo Member
How do I unlock "I Said STOP!" in Sanctum? I upgraded my Freeze gun to max level, yet it doesn't unlock the achievement

You must have Slowfield trap to max, and then once someone walks over it, freeze them with the gun (You don't need to upgrade that)

Tizoc

Hope the 50K Gil cheevo got synched for my FF4 reward. Funny how I got most of the cash from defeating bosses as I've barely had anything to buy outside of items and a few equipment.

Lomax

It's a bit disappointing that in this time since they slashed the program we still haven't seen any sign of the "new features" that were promised and that there hasn't been a single voucher that worked with credit in months. It's nice to see GMG getting some good sales again (which I'm sure is no coincidence) but it just increasingly seems like the Playfire program is going to die on the vine as a cool idea that didn't really work out.

Top Bottom