• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playground Games is in hiring spree with more than 150 Jobs.

It may well end up that it is Fable, but there actually hasnt been any leaks or anyhting, its just pure speculation in the fact that Playground announced they were making an RPG, and they are British, and everone put 2 and 2 together.
Like i said, Obsidian are RPG guys, nad some of their RPG's are similar in style to Fable. For me it would make more sense to get Obsidian to do it.

I feel like it was more than that. There were some insider rumors. Not that that makes it true, but I feel like that's were it all spawned from.

It definitely is inspired from Fable, but it is not Fable(more of a spritual successor).

Interesting. Well, I'm intrigued either way.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Fantastic to have three new starters today joining the Playground Games RPG team! Welcome to,
Michael Leone joining us from Rockstar Games San Diego as Principal Technical Designer
Tom Maddocks joining us from Massive Entertainment - A Ubisoft Studio as Audio Designer - Grade 2
Neil Davies joining us from Rockstar Games North as Principal Lighting Artist Great to have you on-board!

It's not easy to pull 150 devs out of thin air. What you might get is a desperately cobbled together team , or it might be awesome XD who knows? ^^

Even so, they've been hiring loads of people for the better part of a year.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Agree. Also speaks to how the studios are shaping up.

Playground, 343, Coalition. Then you also have Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Turn 10, and (eventually) The Initiative.
Also, InXile is growing by hiring ex-Interplay devs

Undead Labs grew from under 40 to almost 100 by hiring a lot of ex-ArenaNet devs
undead-labspskg7.png

Rare is also in a hiring spree for a new project for a while and have several open positions.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Plaground is the studio, which from the first entry absolutely destroy the gaming industry, polish and attention of the detail in FH is insane and especial their "invitation to the game" is amazing, I hope they do more than racing games.

Here we go. Forza Universe. Open world, you start out as lowly fan watching a derby race in the stands and decide you want to become a race car driver. Sunshine, smell of Mary Jane about the crowd, the roar of engines likes angry tigers ripping the air to shreds. Kinda like the way you play guitar, if you could afford one. Soon, a storm arrives which turns to a horrific deluge during the last few laps. Lighting strikes the Number 7 car, you're lucky number. It's a sign from the gods.

You walk down (or tumble if you've too many beers) the stairs (all proper physics like in that GTA game) and stumble through the trash-pocalypse parking lot to your p.o.s beater 4-speed. You leave a mean skid mark although maybe a few bearings behind. Through ghetto and high water, back alleys, and speed bumps the way back home. A flat tire soon curses the way which you have to fix, complete with proper jack placement in poor visibility as well as vagrants rustling for spare change. You stop at the corner store down the street from your trailer and grab the last newspaper paper with the last 60 cents you have (game takes place in the early 70's). A street racing contest flyer mysteriously tucked into the paper falls to your flip flop-laden feet. There is no turning back.

That’s actually not until later into the game. The tutorial races all have your car being moved around by a chubby toddler’s hand.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Playground should worry Sony a little, genuinely interested to see what they're cooking.
Sony is fine they have the best studios in the industry. It is good to see Microsoft go after areas Sony is neglected. They won't win competing head to head on Sonys turf of cinematic 3rd person games. They can compete filling voids Sony is neglecting like RPGs, simulators, strategy games ect.

Top Bottom