• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing Fifa 21 on the PS5 has me thinking...

Either my skills have improved much more than I realized or playing on the PS5 offers some advantages to those playing on the PS4.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I have noticed that since I moved my Fifa over to the PS5, I have noticed a huge improvement in the way I play. I am winning games in FUT that I shouldn't be winning or should at least be challenged at. Its almost like I can anticipate the moves of others, or its like I am literally one step ahead.
Is it the framerates? The controller responsiveness? I know the game has not been updated for PS5 yet (at least until December)... so what gives?
Playing online against others shouldn't come into play should it?

Fake

I guess was confirmed that Dualsense have better input response than Dualshock 4, unless you're using Dualshock 4.

Brutal but honest, gonna have to play FIFA and get my fix whilst I can before getting raped 5-0 every game.
I've been cleaning house so far and that's why I think a lot of the good players haven't upgraded. But I'm usually pretty decent at FIFA.

I love playing FUT and facing somebody with Premier League players. I know its an easy win before the match starts.

ToadMan

tumblr_pg3uf1lUY51rey868o1_500.gif

All I know is that there is a definitive difference in playing on ps4 and ps5. The PS5 has me averaging 11 goals a game with an average ass squad. On PS4 with the same squad I was averaging around 5-6 goals a game....
The dual sense is definitely more responsive.

Either my skills have improved much more than I realized or playing on the PS5 offers some advantages to those playing on the PS4.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I have noticed that since I moved my Fifa over to the PS5, I have noticed a huge improvement in the way I play. I am winning games in FUT that I shouldn't be winning or should at least be challenged at. Its almost like I can anticipate the moves of others, or its like I am literally one step ahead.
Is it the framerates? The controller responsiveness? I know the game has not been updated for PS5 yet (at least until December)... so what gives?

Playing on the PS4 Pro. On some of the games that I should be dominating with my team, I get my ass handed to me, and then the very next game and against a team that is at least $1 million - $2 million more than my team, I kick the butts. That's just how it is with FIFA.

keram

Could be because of the lower input lag of the DS?

Last edited:
So if that is the case then people playing on the PS5 dual sense controller should in theory have a sizable advantage in terms of latency. IF that is the case.. I am going to be playing the hell out of Fifa this weekend to make up as much ground as I can, because I played again last night and same as before... I am literally like a step (or a few frames) ahead in terms of moves.

Top Bottom