• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.35 Up!

Schrade

bishoptl said:
oh yeah? why can't I get out of my friggin' apartment without the thing locking up, then?

*fume*
Because you didn't watch enough Bas Rutten. Get your ass back to the TV and learn up!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Download: 1:44 a.m. - 2:08 a.m. - 24 minutes
Installation: 2:08 a.m. - 2:11 a.m. - 3 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes

Thats pretty much how long it usually takes for me though this time I didn't have any other networked devices on or anything. Wasting nearly a half hour stinks but I'm all for monthly updates! But updates like this one? Why do ya gotta change the system to fix games? Games made for a system should work for the system they're made on! >.<;

Keyser Soze said:
Your Mom!

So this update will stop my mom from accidently turning on my PS3 all the time? Alright! I can finally put the remote back on the coffee table. Maybe now she won't have to call me every time she wants to watch a BR too...

Lindsay said:
Download: 1:44 a.m. - 2:08 a.m. - 24 minutes
Installation: 2:08 a.m. - 2:11 a.m. - 3 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes

Thats pretty much how long it usually takes for me though this time I didn't have any other networked devices on or anything. Wasting nearly a half hour stinks but I'm all for monthly updates! But updates like this one? Why do ya gotta change the system to fix games? Games made for a system should work for the system they're made on! >.<;

27 minutes.

27 MINUTES.

TWENTY SEVEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!!

:D

I dont understand people complaining about firmware updates. This one takes like 5 minutes to upgrade with the worst connection in the world, you don't even have time to make a pee with a decent dsl. With 20Mbps I almost didn't have time to see the progress bar.

Next firmware update, instead of barking here, you can propose yourselves to make some ab exercises. PS3 firmware up, belly down, gaf safe.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Every time I turn on my PS3 I have to improve it somehow! Rabble rabble rabble!

...just getting the jump on the podcast comments this week.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's not like it's a forced update though. You can still play your games and whatnot if you don't want to update.

Neo 007

You people winjing about downloading a firmware update make me laugh.For fucks sake,get over it. If you don't like it get rid of the bloody console.

I mean...FUCK...no fucking patience for fucks sake man!!!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
shagg_187 said:
WELL AREN'T YOU THE SPECIAL ONE, KAGARI!
IT TOOK ME 1 YEAR, 5 MONTHS, 20 DAYS AND 18 HOURS TO GET FIRMWARE 2.35! WAY TO GO SONY!!

I AM SPECIAL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW?!!!

:lol :lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Neo 007 said:
You people winjing about downloading a firmware update make me laugh.For fucks sake,get over it. If you don't like it get rid of the bloody console.

Sony could have a background FW download facility that a few days before the FW officially goes LIVE so to speak allows the users to have the FW pre-loaded on their console so that they are only required to install it when it is "required" to :).

Also, I want PSN Store to cache icons across Store Sessions.

senahorse

Neo 007 said:

You people that apologize for sony's frequent firmware updates make me laugh. MS and Nintendo don't need to so why do Sony?. Once every six months, hell once ever 3 I could understand but this is ridiculous.

nofi

x3n05 said:
You people that apologize for sony's frequent firmware updates make me laugh. MS and Nintendo don't need to so why do Sony?. Once every six months, hell once ever 3 I could understand but this is ridiculous.

Don't be so flippant, there's obviously a reason for 2.35 and just because it doesn't smack you right in the face it's 'ridiculous'?

I swear people just fucking whine for the sake of it 'round here.

antiloop

x3n05 said:

Actually once every 3 years should do. That's how often I update my PS2.

Kinan

x3n05 said:

Yea, lets leave bugs and security holes unattended for 6 month. It sure helped MS and Nintendo to protect their systems from piracy. Oh, wait...

senahorse

nofi said:
Don't be so flippant, there's obviously a reason for 2.35 and just because it doesn't smack you right in the face it's 'ridiculous'?

I swear people just fucking whine for the sake of it 'round here.

So please tell me what the reason is for this urgent update?, oh right you have no idea, so it must be something relevant. All this smacks of to me is Sony's incompetence.

senahorse

kevm3 said:
I love all the new firmware updates... Ijust wish I knew what they did!

I wouldn't mind so much if virtually every time I turn my PS3 on I didn't have had to wait half an hour before I could get online.

nofi

x3n05 said:
So please tell me what the reason is for this urgent update?, oh right you have no idea, so it must be something relevant. All this smacks of to me is Sony's incompetence.

And another dope on the ignore pile.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
x3n05 said:

?!?

Look, they are doing a kick-ass service with FW features and stability updates since launch... would you rather have to wait 6 months to get cool new things even though they are ready to be delivered ?

Put your money where your mouth is when in-game XMB is released, do not update for 2-3 additional months or until the next Xbox 360 Dashboard update (whichever comes first) while we enjoy the features delivered fresh when they are ready!

senahorse

Panajev2001a said:
?!?

Look, they are doing a kick-ass service with FW features and stability updates since launch... would you rather have to wait 6 months to get cool new things even though they are ready to be delivered ?

Walk the walk then when in-game XMB is released, do not update for 2-3 additional months or until the next Xbox 360 Dashboard update (whichever comes first) while we enjoy the features delivered fresh when they are ready!

I don't mind when there are great new features added, like DTS-HDMA or the new store. But when it is just bug fixes, I wonder why they cannot be compiled into a less frequent update. Maybe if there was a change list it would shed some light on these issues and I would gladly be patient as some. It just reminds me of PSP with its constant piracy blocks except the PS3 hasn't been hacked (at least as far as I am aware of). Just frustrated with the half an hour wait tis all, yes I am impatient, but hey I have wasted said half an hour on here whining about it, so all is good. :lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
x3n05 said:
I don't mind when there are great new features added, like DTS-HDMA or the new store. But when it is just bug fixes, I wonder why they cannot be compiled into a less frequent update.

?!?

Bugs NEED to be fixed ASAP! Bugs and security patches are critical items in anyone sane's TODO list IMHO.

I think that they already do what you suggest for low priority bugs (I do think that not caching PSN Store icons across different Sessions is a bug, not a high priority one, but still a bug), but still IMHO we should not ask them to deliver us less updates per year but instead to make each update as seamless and as painless as possible hence the idea of background FW downloading I was talking about in an earlier post of mine in this very thread.

Bug fixes, security fixes, new features, etc... should all come once they are tested, stable, and ready.

senahorse

Panajev2001a said:
?!?

Bugs NEED to be fixed ASAP! Bugs and security patches are critical items in anyone sane's TODO list IMHO.

I think that they already do what you suggest for low priority bugs (I do think that not caching PSN Store icons across different Sessions is a bug, not a high priority one, but still a bug), but still IMHO we should not ask them to deliver us less updates per year but instead to make each update as seamless and as painless as possible hence the idea of background FW downloading I was talking about in an earlier post of mine in this very thread.

Bug fixes, security fixes, new features, etc... should all come once they are tested, stable, and ready.

What I don't understand, and maybe someone here can shed some light on it for me is why an update takes me around 20-25 minutes to download, yet I can download a 500MB demo in around 5 minutes. I am in Australia, is it that they have local content servers here but updates come from elsewhere?

hteng

Banned
x3n05 said:
What I don't understand, and maybe someone here can shed some light on it for me is why an update takes me around 20-25 minutes to download, yet I can download a 500MB demo in around 5 minutes. I am in Australia, is it that they have local content servers here but updates come from elsewhere?

must be them pirates stealing your line yo!

GrayFoxPL

sprocket said:
after updating I am pretty sure the air in my apartment is cleaner.,, I am not sure though.

HOLY SHIT!

Software Radiator Upgrade Confirmed!?

Rotors powered with the Cell Proccessor?!

Air circulation speed up by 1500%?!

HOLY SHIT!

Top Bottom