• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

Eh new games, as in MLB 14? Why drive up the hype even further, PS4 is sold out for weeks to come, they're not gonna sell extra consoles.

Skeff

Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

There's things I'm certain about. This isn't one of them.

Cool, thanks. It's good to know they might reveal something cool, even if it's not Demon souls, then at least they're looking at the core market at this event. Thanks for the insight.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Bizarre timing, maybe they're doing this because they're finally ready to show TLG?.. ╥_╥

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Eh new games, as in MLB 14? Why drive up the hype even further, PS4 is sold out for weeks to come, they're not gonna sell extra consoles.

Yes, this is the odd thing to me. Sony have said the PS4 would sell 5 million by March. I don't believe this is an accurate figure and the fact they're promoting the PS4 heavily just before the launch suggests one of two things: They have far more consoles produced that people think and that 5 million is actually 6 million, OR they have reallocated ALL of the stock that was supposed to be released in Japan to America, which is why they took so long to tell us about the release date there. I honestly think it's a bit of both.

I also think that MS are at least a month behind in production.

Into

If its MLB, then have some of the Red Sox players appear there to pimp the game. Then have Shuhei Yoshida do karaoke singing Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Skeff

Yes, this is the odd thing to me. Sony have said the PS4 would sell 5 million by March. I don't believe this is an accurate figure and the fact they're promoting the PS4 heavily just before the launch suggests one of two things: They have far more consoles produced that people think and that 5 million is actually 6 million, OR they have reallocated ALL of the stock that was supposed to be released in Japan to America, which is why they took so long to tell us about the release date there. I honestly think it's a bit of both.

I also think that MS are at least a month behind in production.

Well games need to be announced before they release and they're aren't very many opportunities coming up soon. Sure there's the VGA's but that's only really for the megatons like SSM and ND, when is the next big Games show after VGA's? E3? So any game released before June really needs to be announced soon, MLB:The Show is likely for March and we expect more news on the 4th November so that probably won't even be at this event.

Also It's unlikely to announce anything at E3 to be released in July/August, so Sony really need to announce any games coming before August, Considering the development time on PS4 I would imagine there will be A LOT of indie ports that begun work since gamescom and will be finished well before August, and there will still be some AAA titles before then.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Momentum is a great thing to have, but it's even better to keep it as much as possible. That's why.

Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

jkZbZ.gif

As usual, thanks. Here's hoping. Good sign they're at least thinking of announcing something really cool on that level, so that's nice. :)

All this fuss over an announcement of announcements.

Yup, the usual outcome. Tease of what ends up an announcement of an upcoming announcement.

DBT85

I expect nothing at all, if something appears then great.

Though they are going to have to start announcing some of those other 20 first year titles soon.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Well games need to be announced before they release and they're aren't very many opportunities coming up soon. Sure there's the VGA's but that's only really for the megatons like SSM and ND, when is the next big Games show after VGA's? E3? So any game released before June really needs to be announced soon, MLB:The Show is likely for March and we expect more news on the 4th November so that probably won't even be at this event.

Also It's unlikely to announce anything at E3 to be released in July/August, so Sony really need to announce any games coming before August, Considering the development time on PS4 I would imagine there will be A LOT of indie ports that begun work since gamescom and will be finished well before August, and there will still be some AAA titles before then.

Oh, I agree with what you're saying but it's very close to Christmas when lots of people 'must' buy something for a loved one or a sibling. It's not like the rest of the year when the imperative isn't so compelling and people are willing to wait a week or a month for the new shipments. They simply MUST have that item (in this case console). So it IS rather odd, considering that Sony have easily sold all of their pre-orders that they are promoting the console so heavily just before the release. Why get so many more potential buyers excited if you haven't got what they're excited about ready? To me is suggests Sony have more consoles than people think and the 5 million number they're touting is another rouse in line with the 'we won't release before our competitors' statement, which lead to everyone being surprised when they announced the PS4 in February.

HORRORSHØW

Bizarre timing, maybe they're doing this because they're finally ready to show TLG?.. ╥_╥
I think it's perfect timing. Build hype by announcing more titles on the eve of your console launch, while simultaneously stealing some of Microsoft's thunder before their launch.

Nibel

"The Last of Us announced at the VGAs"

GEOFF DELIVERED!

Yup, and Dark Souls 2 as well - people give him a hard time for no real reason

So, what do GAF predictions look like?

- Possible Demon's Souls successor reveal
- Sony Santa Monica's space IP
- Naughty Dog's space IP (?)
- Driveclub new trailer + release date
- Epic Games PS4 debut (new IP? maybe Samaritan? or Gears-Megaton? or just Fortnite?)
- Adam Boyes smiling

Pennywise

K0M55Wc.gif

Skeff

Oh, I agree with what you're saying but it's very close to Christmas when lots of people 'must' buy something for a loved one or a sibling. It's not like the rest of the year when the imperative isn't so compelling and people are willing to wait a week or a month for the new shipments. They simply MUST have that item (in this case console). So it IS rather odd, considering that Sony have easily sold all of their pre-orders that they are promoting the console so heavily just before the release. Why get so many more potential buyers excited if you haven't got what they're excited about ready? To me is suggests Sony have more consoles than people think and the 5 million number they're touting is another rouse in line with the 'we won't release before our competitors' statement, which lead to everyone being surprised when they announced the PS4 in February.

It's certainly possible, Personally I think they are trying to emulate the Wii, Try and sell out millions of consoles and keep hype high, have them being sold on ebay for $1000 the week before christmas and the media reporting on how amazing the PS4 is, One of the main reasons the Wii sold so quickly is because it was sold out and so people want it more and more. It appeals to part of our lizard rain with basic Jealousy, which is a huge motivator.

- Epic Games PS4 debut (new IP? maybe Samaritan? or Gears-Megaton? or just Fortnite?)
- Adam Boyes smiling

I predict multiplatform Gears 4, with a PS4 exclusive Gears 1-3 HD collection.

Freeman

Banned

- Adam Boyes smiling

Epic game/GeoW announcement would be a hard hit on MS launch, timing makes sense.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Uncharted 4 by Sony Bend, Savage Starlight by Naughty Dog, Santa Monica new IP, Crash Bandicoot 4 rights regained Media Molecule, FFVII Remake, Dragonquest XI, MGS1 Remake, AGENT, GTAV PS4 Exclusive.

So does this mean VGAs won't be interesting anymore?

Well I think the momentum would be better kept if they planted the announcements in the news drought post launch.
Much better doing it before launch in my opinion.

people want tears
Unintended reference to Mad World? lol.

At least we'll be able to say:

'Did you see that ludicrous display last night!?'

Though its about 7AM I believe.
Hahaha

KAL2006

Banned
This announcement
Santa Monica new IP

VGA
Uncharted 4

GDC
Media Molecule new IP

E3
Guerilla Games new IP

That would be all their major Studios games announced save for Last Guardian (lol) and Polyphony.

Stealth50

I think we'll get 1 big game, 1 move/camera game (possibly MLB) and 1 smaller game here and then 1 big (Naughty Dog) and 1 small at VGA. That leaves 5 TBA before E3 next year. E3 announcments next year will most likely be out 2015.

I don't think the Demon's Souls-ish game will be showed here. Would be more clever to try and sync that announcement with the hype surrounding Dark Souls 2 in March. The Playstation meeting in February would be my bet.

God damn please. Please.

11 PM on the 14th? Seems a little late, people will be on their way to pick up their own PS4's. I also don't see them making any major game announcements, probably more announcing and details PS4 features.

11 PM on the 14th? Seems a little late, people will be on their way to pick up their own PS4's. I also don't see them making any major game announcements, probably more announcing and details PS4 features.

an official ps4 launch event with midnight store setting up big tv to live stream the show could be cool. people waiting in line can watch the new game reveal together

Good to know. thanks, Did you try to get an update on what s gonna be revealed? Time to harass those sources :D

Top Bottom