• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

Colony Wars PS4 REVIVAL

Believe.

But wow ... 2 mother f'in weeks away from this thing hitting the streets. I'm pumped. Even if I am uncertain if I am getting one right at launch lol. Still pumped as hell cause I have several friends who will have one. May just take a week vacation from work and couch surf.

Zushin

Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

There's things I'm certain about. This isn't one of them.

If this ends up being true I will be getting a PS4 ASAP. I was gonna hold out for a year or so, but this is a system seller to me. Sony pls.

SeanR1221

It's certainly possible, Personally I think they are trying to emulate the Wii, Try and sell out millions of consoles and keep hype high, have them being sold on ebay for $1000 the week before christmas and the media reporting on how amazing the PS4 is, One of the main reasons the Wii sold so quickly is because it was sold out and so people want it more and more. It appeals to part of our lizard rain with basic Jealousy, which is a huge motivator.

I predict multiplatform Gears 4, with a PS4 exclusive Gears 1-3 HD collection.

Ending with a Gears of War logo flash, or even just a chainsaw sound would be megaton.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Doffen

It makes sense to me, Kind of like Mass Effect, but obviously with the generational leap, turning on 1080p and 60fps doesn't seem crazy. As a PS gamer Gears 4 wouldn't appeal to me much if I hadn't played 1-3.

Mass Effect was a different situation, it would probably never had happened if EA didn't buy BioWare.
Granted Microsoft don't own the IP, but they have prohibited Gears 2-Judgment from releasing on PC, and that should have happened before we'll see any sort of PS4 release, imo.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Dunno how I missed this thread.

This could be exciting. I guess a launch event with one or two announcements? I wonder where they're going to do it, I imagine it probably culminates in the first sales of the console at some larger retailer at midnight.

Naughty Dog showing a super short teaser trailer at VGA's with a "See you at E3" finish seems more plausible to me

From Spike TVs perspective, I can see them agreeing to do this type of show if it served the hype their larger show. And by short teaser, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nothing more than an Uncharted 4 title card.

It's obviously Jumping Flash 3.

UyY0R7g.gif

GopherD

As usual i'm keeping my expectations in check.

Dont. Set them free. Allow yourself to dream a little. New generations, greater power, more freedom for devs.

14 days.

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles, pirates, ninjas, lootwhoring, chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks, music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags, angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

One things for sure, there is nothing like the start of a new gen.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you goooooo

sun-drop

i don't really expect these new games to be anything too major ...but.....on the otherhand, is there a bigger stage to debut a game on than the ps4 retail launch?

Dont. Set them free. Allow yourself to dream a little. New generations, greater power, more freedom for devs.

14 days.

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles, pirates, ninjas, lootwhoring, chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks, music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags, angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

Everywhere you goooooo

Ohh shitttt this is e3 all over again

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo
I need new pants

Demon Souls 2, InFamous, Assassin's Creed 4, Naughty Gods?, AC4, Fantasia, Destiny, ?, Walking Dead S2, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted Trilogy 1080p port , ?, The Order and Kingdom Hearts 3?

These are my original guesses wuth added Fantasia and Ratchet (for chickens in rad. suits)

please SONY stop! Think of your competitors! Stop slaughtering them all! When is it going to be enough? Dropping a PS4 Naughty Dog game.... That would be.... The extinction of competition as we know it, I don't think that would be even legal, I have to check the Geneva convention and the rules of engagement, I'll be right back.

Moobabe

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

Hate you

Derrick01

Banned

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

Base jumping in Nepal immediately made me think of Just Cause 3. It just sounds so obvious to me.

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo
Ohhhh snap

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

Ship ... to ... Ship ... Battles?

c7e0be635b3622d9089edd3a055a498c.gif

Naughty dog recently going to SpaceX? Revived Franchises + ship to ship battles = Colony Wars?

Bring it Sony, Bring it

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

:O ...hype rising

Musiol

14 days.

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles (Colony Wars) , pirates (Assassin's Creed), ninjas (Tenchu), lootwhoring (Borderlands 2 Vita), chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks (Broken Sword Vita), music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags (Unreal Tournament 4 on PS4), angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

Everywhere you goooooo

My takes are bolded

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

Dude.

Top Bottom